Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Simpson - Oh to dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ripped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 9:08pm

Sometimes I wonder if jessica SImpson is acting stupid or if she really is just to get exposure.  Sometimes I wonder to myself no one can really be that dumb but you never know. 

By the way i don't think she should cut off her beautiful blode locks based on the pis posted above.

terone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 8:30am
I think the short look adds at least a few years onto her.  I don't know how old she is, but not as old as she'd look with hair cut short.
drummerdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Vicky Vicky wrote:

Why is it that all the blond bimbos become
such a
succes over there?

To all americans reading;
Don't hit me for asking about this

From someone who listens to your native prog metal bands:
Opeth and Pain of Salvation, I am just as awe struck by the
bimbo worship as yourself.

You have eMpTV over there, the M used to stand for Music not
Moronic! None of these little divas write their own songs, they
are written by songwriting teams. Their backing band's
musicianship is craptastic and not the least bit inspiring.

Having zero musical appititude forces these types to appeal to
the lowest common denominator: SEX. You read the response
from the person who would go to a Simpson show just to see
her and not for the music (if you dare call that dreck music) It's
all about the image, not honesty or substance.

You can add her little lip synching sister Ashlee and let's not
forget Brittney, and X-Tina either. They are all just as fake as
their hair extensions. I'll take Cristina Scabbia and Anneke Van
Giersbergen over those four any day in every category, from
hairstyles to clothing. The bimbos can't begin to compete with
those European beauties.

Why does it sell? Roughly 90% of our country has atrocious
tastes in everything! There is such a dumbing down in the
mainstream public, it stems from our entertainment and even
infiltrates our politics.

If people would actually think for themselves instead of being
be led like sheep we'd have more women like Jewel, Norah
Jones and Sarah McClachlan. Beautiful musicians who
actually are musically talented. I for one don't expect this to
happen any time soon.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 9:32pm

hey drummer you forgot to throw in the cute and talented LISA LOEB shes got some great sexy hair

Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Ononotdon Ononotdon wrote:

Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Am I the only one who does not think she is pretty?  I don't know what it is but something doesn't look right with her face.  OK, she can trade her body with my wife's but I definately will keep my wife's face and hair!

I'm not attracted to her in the least.  Long hair, short hair, no hair, blonde hair, dark hair, totally nood, clad in armor, do whatever you want Jesssimpleton, I will not find you attractive. 

But that's not the half of it.  I don't think she's playing it dumb because she knows dumb sells.  She's dumb and it sells.  There exists a huge divide there.  Oh, I suppose you can rationalize her stupidity as meta stupidity (she's thinking *I'm dumb, like *duh*, but, like, OK, it's OK because, like, dumb is good), but like my good friend Eric says, "No matter how you slice it, you still got baloney."  And, to paraphrase Bobcat Goldthwaite, she's not "splittin' atoms on her day off."

She should be of no consequence, as in if she were never born the world would have continued its course without interruption.  But no, people go gaga over plastic and dumb these days.  Maybe is OK, though, because life in these America, it offers us the choices, and me, this onodon guy, he no buy her records!  He no listen to music of bimbo!  Is true, he has heard music by her, but he no like, no merit in it, so he no listen to it.  Is fair, yes?  Do onoman need state that he has not purchased tickets to these Dukes of Hazard movie? 

Why do these people, these the Americans, have love affair with this person?  Do these these American peoples not read anything besides it the US Magazine?  Is coincidence that it the US Magazine is called US?  You, you get it?  US?       

So you wouldn't do her? hehehe

Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Am I the only one who does not think she is pretty?  I don't know what it is but something doesn't look right with her face.  OK, she can trade her body with my wife's but I definately will keep my wife's face and hair!

I'm not attracted to her in the least.  Long hair, short hair, no hair, blonde hair, dark hair, totally nood, clad in armor, do whatever you want Jesssimpleton, I will not find you attractive. 

But that's not the half of it.  I don't think she's playing it dumb because she knows dumb sells.  She's dumb and it sells.  There exists a huge divide there.  Oh, I suppose you can rationalize her stupidity as meta stupidity (she's thinking *I'm dumb, like *duh*, but, like, OK, it's OK because, like, dumb is good), but like my good friend Eric says, "No matter how you slice it, you still got baloney."  And, to paraphrase Bobcat Goldthwaite, she's not "splittin' atoms on her day off."

She should be of no consequence, as in if she were never born the world would have continued its course without interruption.  But no, people go gaga over plastic and dumb these days.  Maybe is OK, though, because life in these America, it offers us the choices, and me, this onodon guy, he no buy her records!  He no listen to music of bimbo!  Is true, he has heard music by her, but he no like, no merit in it, so he no listen to it.  Is fair, yes?  Do onoman need state that he has not purchased tickets to these Dukes of Hazard movie? 

Why do these people, these the Americans, have love affair with this person?  Do these these American peoples not read anything besides it the US Magazine?  Is coincidence that it the US Magazine is called US?  You, you get it?  US?       

So you wouldn't do her? hehehe

You can reference the text that I wrote and you quoted, but I'll reiterate to save time:  "I'm not attracted to her in the least." So, nope.  I am I supposed to want to?  Part of the problem is this notion that it's my civic duty to find her sexy.  Well, f**k that.  Would you do a mannequin?  Because that's pretty much what you'd get, with less personality, less brains, and more artificial parts.  For that matter, would you do a Ziploc sanwich bag?  "hehehe"    

Edited by Ononotdon
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 3:43am
[/QUOTE]

From someone who listens to your native prog metal bands:
Opeth and Pain of Salvation, I am just as awe struck by the
bimbo worship as yourself.

You have eMpTV over there, the M used to stand for Music not
Moronic! None of these little divas write their own songs, they
are written by songwriting teams. Their backing band's
musicianship is craptastic and not the least bit inspiring.

Having zero musical appititude forces these types to appeal to
the lowest common denominator: SEX. You read the response
from the person who would go to a Simpson show just to see
her and not for the music (if you dare call that dreck music) It's
all about the image, not honesty or substance.

You can add her little lip synching sister Ashlee and let's not
forget Brittney, and X-Tina either. They are all just as fake as
their hair extensions. I'll take Cristina Scabbia and Anneke Van
Giersbergen over those four any day in every category, from
hairstyles to clothing. The bimbos can't begin to compete with
those European beauties.

Why does it sell? Roughly 90% of our country has atrocious
tastes in everything! There is such a dumbing down in the
mainstream public, it stems from our entertainment and even
infiltrates our politics.

If people would actually think for themselves instead of being
be led like sheep we'd have more women like Jewel, Norah
Jones and Sarah McClachlan. Beautiful musicians who
actually are musically talented. I for one don't expect this to
happen any time soon.[/QUOTE]

And don't forget Sharon from within temptation, I love her!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Vicky Vicky wrote:

[/QUOTE]

And don't forget Sharon from within temptation, I love her!!
[/QUOTE]

I could add: Marcella Bovio from Elfonia, Heather Findlay and
Angela Goldthorpe from Mostly Autumn, Liv Kristine, formerly of
Theatre of Tragedy now with her own band Leaves Eyes and
last but not least: Tarja Turunnen from Nightwish.

We should make a post with pics featuring these ladies. The
bimbo lovers would realize that "hey it just might be about the
music after all!"

Oh yes, Lisa Loeb definitely fits in my criteria of beautiful,
talented, non-pop diva bimbo musicians.

Edited by drummerdude
Suri Jana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suri Jana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 11:42am

I think she is an attractive woman who probably plays the ditzy role at the recommendation of a a producer for her show.

1st she is a singer and she is talented at that. She has a beautiful strong voice. I wonder why everyone attacks her with such negative comments. What makes anyone you any less flawed than she might be in some way.

I have seen pictures of women(celebities) that carry themselves distastefully and those people might warrant negative comments. But jeez she appears to be fun-loving and sweet. Very light-hearted about life and that is why she might seem ditzy. But what do any of use really know, we don't know her

PS all of you that have something bad to say about her probably love something about her. I just wish people would not be so harsh, it's what makes this workd the hellish, hateful place it has become.

Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 12:25pm

And, to paraphrase Bobcat Goldthwaite, she's not "splittin' atoms on her day off."

She should be of no consequence, as in if she were never born the world would have continued its course without interruption. 

So you split atoms on your day off?  The world would be in trouble were you not to have been born?  I have no clue what her IQ is but there is no doubt she is smart enough to make the most of every IQ point she has.

Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

And, to paraphrase Bobcat Goldthwaite, she's not "splittin' atoms on her day off."

She should be of no consequence, as in if she were never born the world would have continued its course without interruption. 

1.  So you split atoms on your day off?  The world would be in trouble were you not to have been born? 

2.  I have no clue what her IQ is but there is no doubt she is smart enough to make the most of every IQ point she has.

1.  No, I don't split atoms on my day off (it's my job, why would I want to bring my work home with me?), but I do check my grammar.  

I'm just kidding about me splitting atoms.  I was simply quoting someone else's joke to illustrate what a DUMBDUMB Jessica Simpson is, but you reacted like a fundamentalist Christian, so I'll clarify.  The joke means that the person referred to is not very bright.  Mr. Goldthwaite used the device of understatement masterfully. 

And I don't know if the world would be in trouble had I not been born, but I contribute to it in a positive way.  I stand by my statement:  if Jessica Simpson had never been born, life would continue.

2.  Talent, beauty, and brains to match.  Read it as you like, elder statesman.

But I get your point, Hal.  She's smart because she's rich and famous.  And while we're at it, tell us what superpowers she possesses.  Christ, why bother.   

Edited by Ononotdon
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:53am

Seems you got my point yet didn't... lets see your list of why you are  more valuable to earth than she?

Compare me to a fundamentalist Christian yet you direct your last statement to Gods only son?  And, I woudl think most fundamentalist Christians would agree with you on JS's value to the world.

Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 10:50am

Seems you got my point yet didn't... lets see your list of why you are  more valuable to earth than she?

Compare me to a fundamentalist Christian yet you direct your last statement to Gods only son?  And, I woudl think most fundamentalist Christians would agree with you on JS's value to the world.

You point up a seeming contradiction, namely that I accuse you of reacting like a fundamentalist Christian, only to invoke the name of "Gods [sic] only son" at the end of my post.  Hal, you're one sharp old devil.  Here's where your accusation unravels:  a fundamentalist Christian would never use Christ's name in the mode that I used because according to his worldview, to do so is to commit blasphemy.  

You've asked for a list of my positive qualities that prove that I'm  "more valuable to earth [sic] than she."  I'll start here, and when I come up with more, I'll add them.

• I don't deceive people in order to get them to consume products.  Her entire image is based on deceit.  This may be due largely to the workings of her father, but she's complicit.
  • As a former educator (I'm pursuing something else now), I promote literacy and encourage critical thinking.  Her very persona glamorizes stupidity and perpetuates the myth of the "dumb blonde", not to mention shallowness. 
  • I'm not perfect, but I try to be a decent person, perhaps even Christian.  Jessica Simpson used to be known as a Christian artist.  At the risk of sounding like a fundamentalist Christian ("Aha!" thinks Hal.), her current act doesn't promote Christianity.  But wait, Hal.  I'm not finished.  I won't condemn an artist for not promoting Christianity if that artist had not previously performed within the realm of Christian music under the pretense that doing so was in the glorification of God.  Jessica Simpson decided to pursue secular pop after she discovered that doing so is more lucrative than being a Christian artist.  The accusation of hypocrisy is a strong one, and it applies more to her father, yet another sleazy Svengali, but again, she complies.
  • I'm a musician who's proud of the music I've created.  My motives for creating music are pure.  For Jessica Simpson, it's a means to an end.
  • I look pretty good with short hair.  I'm not sure Jessica Simpson would.

Hal?

Oh, I'd be remiss if I did not mention your faulty logic, Hal.  One cannot simultaneously "get" yet "not get" one's point.  I got your hackneyed, fallacious point loud and clear, Hal. 

I've listed just some of the reasons that I'm more important than Jessica Simpson.  I may not be finished.  But you've yet to list her superpowers that you evidently think she's endowed with.  C'mon smart guy, the world awaits your wisdom.

Edited by Ononotdon
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 10:41pm

Have you shut your pod bay door, Hal?  Hal?

nooneatall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooneatall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 12:34am
Seriously, people, You're having a pointless argument. Ononotdon, you automatically assume that because she's a few vowels short of a full alphabet, yet still gained commercial success, that she must be a detriment to society. You can't criticize her for being succesful. Hal never said anything about superpowers, only that she's no better or worse than anyone else. She's not actively trying to ruin the state of the world. You don't have to like her but you can't hate her for being a celebrity. The blame for that lies squarely on the media and the viewing public. And Hal, choose your words carefully, your defense of JS could be interpreted on an attack on Ononotdon instead.

Edited by nooneatall
...and that's all I have to say about that.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 7:19am
hey..Ononotdon, Cut that diatribe down to 3 or 4 line an I may take the time to read it otherwise my ADD forces my to move on to a post with pictures....sorry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 9:14am
[QUOTE=Ononotdon]

You've asked for a list of my positive qualities that prove that
I'm  "more valuable to earth [sic] than she."  I'll start here, and
when I come up with more, I'll add them.

• I don't deceive people in order to get them to consume
    products.  Her entire image is based on deceit.  This may be
    due largely to the workings of her father, but she's complicit.
  • As a former educator (I'm pursuing something else now), I
    promote literacy and encourage critical thinking.  Her
    very persona glamorizes stupidity and perpetuates the myth of
    the "dumb blonde", not to mention shallowness. 
  • I'm not perfect, but I try to be a decent person, perhaps even
    Christian.  Jessica Simpson used to be known as a Christian
    artist.  At the risk of sounding like a fundamentalist Christian
    ("Aha!" thinks Hal.), her current act doesn't promote
    Christianity.  But wait, Hal.  I'm not finished.  I won't condemn an
    artist for not promoting Christianity if that artist had not
    previously performed within the realm of Christian music under
    the pretense that doing so was in the glorification of
    God.  Jessica Simpson decided to pursue secular pop after she
    discovered that doing so is more lucrative than being a
    Christian artist.  The accusation of hypocrisy is a strong one,
    and it applies more to her father, yet another sleazy Svengali,
    but again, she complies.
  • I'm a musician who's proud of the music I've created.  My
    motives for creating music are pure.  For Jessica Simpson, it's a
    means to an end.
  • I look pretty good with short hair.  I'm not sure Jessica
    Simpson would.

Hal?

Oh, I'd be remiss if I did not mention your faulty logic, Hal. 
One cannot simultaneously "get" yet "not get" one's point.  I got
your hackneyed, fallacious point loud and clear, Hal. 

I've listed just some of the reasons that I'm more important
than Jessica Simpson.  I may not be finished.  But you've yet to
list her superpowers that you evidently think she's endowed
with.  C'mon smart guy, the world awaits your wisdom.

[/
QUOTE]

I'm not touching the Christianity part of this conversation with a
ten foot cross! However, you hit the nail on the head about this
bimbo being driven by her father and complying with his
wishes. She is not a self made (I refuse call her a musician)
singer. Nope, daddy got her where she is today and one can
only shudder at the thought of what that entailed. Similarly, her
little sister Ashlee is just as manipulated by daddy Simpson
remember the SNL fiasco? doh!

It amazes me the ignorance of the general public when it
comes down to musicianship and integrity found therein. Sad
and pathetic these two components are shoved away by the
industry as a whole and shunned by the average consumer. I
mentioned some awesome, beautiful musicians and nary a
comment about them!

If you are a blonde bimbo that is the formula for your success in
today's music. It's comforting to know there is another musician
on this message board who feels the same way I do.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 10:25am

hey..Ononotdon, Cut that diatribe down to 3 or 4 line an I may take the time to read it otherwise my ADD forces my to move on to a post with pictures....sorry.

Read three or four lines at a time, go take a nap, and then read three or four more later, Hal. 

Edited by Ononotdon
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 1:46pm
I do think that she is a "bimbo" but I don't think that she is worth any less than anyone else. The bimbo look is a big hit these days and if you can make money of it then thats whats going to happen.
Some people enjoy that others don't.
I find her rather amusing, in a comical way 
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2005 at 11:54am

Read three or four lines at a time, go take a nap, and then read three or four more later, Hal. 

One line thats better... and I read it.  To read 3 or 4 lines, nap read the next would require vast amounts of energy I do not wish to expend to over come my ADD or it could be my total lack of interest in your opinion.  Either way I'm sure you feel the same about mine...smiles!

Edited by Hal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic