Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro-Flex Strips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro-Flex Strips
    Posted: September 14 2005 at 4:40pm
OK, so I got some of these things. The blue peel-back ones.

Now what?

Do I double them over, do I cut them lengthwise, do I sandwich them in? Orange remover takes them out, right?

I peeled back a small section and I about adhered myself to the strip for life. Hang it in a tree out front and I bet I would find humans stuck to it like flies.
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 5:21pm
I'm interested in info from anyone who's used these too. If they hold great (like LG) and come out with Amm's remover, I'll give em' a go.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 6:32pm
Arggghh,,, sorry but what are they?
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 7:28pm
Hey Amm, put some of that great hair that you have on a small section of those strips and then hang it from a tree, I bet people would be fighting each other just to get stuck!!
gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 7:29pm
so are these the same type of strips that MB uses for his seamless attachemnts?
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 11:58pm

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

OK, so I got some of these things. The blue peel-back ones. 

Blue?  Aren't the red or yellow ones the strongest?  I use my blue ones are for the lace fronts.

Yeah, the Orange stuff gets them out.

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:22am

Gsmile that's flipping hilarious LOL

Amm kindly sent me these.  I was far to busy installing the Lush hair that came with them to look at them but last night I had a distraught client who had her extensions out and wanted them straight back in but couldn't afford them.  I'd filled my head up so much with Amm's Lush hair that I hadn't left any room but for a tiny strip to test these strips myself so being the kind sole and because I had some spare 613 & 10 machine weft bohyme I told this client she could indeed have her hair back in if she would be kind enough to trial these strips for me. 

Anyway I got to grips with using them first.  You peel off the blue backing and you'll see the white backing is in two halfs so to speak, you then fix your weft to one half and then fold the other over so you have your weft and then white backing on one side of it and white back on the other side, then I parted the clients hair, peeled off one side of the white backing and stuck it to her parting, then I pressed really hard and worked the adhesive into her hair. 

Then peel off the other white strip and then section down a tiny layer of hair from the top just like in Sherrie's sandwiche method and stick it down over the sticky bit with a metal tail comb.  I used three rows of hair in the back and two in the sides.  She's going to report to me how many times she washes her hair and how long these things last and if they really last between 3 and 6 weeks.  I've also popped a tiny 2inch section at the top of my head to see how that wears too, so I'll keep you guys posted on both.  No more tears from the client xx

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:35am
Oh yeah and importantly this took me one hour, yes one hour!!!
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 5:36am
Oh my gosh...that looks great and I think I certainly will have to try this stuff out...Id def. be interested in a sandwich method of bonding wefts that is simple and less messy thatn LG....I want to try some of those strips...where the heck do I get em?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 5:57am
www.hairdirect.com let me test them first though chick xx
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 5:58am
Thanks for the tip. Now if I only had a clear section of my head to try it.

sherrie, we got them here -
http://shopping.netledger.com/s.nl/c.ACCT130693/sc.2/categor y.56/.f
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 5:59am
Oop. Beat ya, Amanda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:13am
LOL, that's what I thought, I've got so much hair in my head, but I've managed a 2inch section ha ha xx
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:18am

HA! Me wait?.....Ive never been known for being patient! hehe

Has anybody tried this tape?

http://www.mhrw.com/c_optitape42.html

It claims to hold for up to 6 weeks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 6:24am
That looks identical to what we've got chick, I think it would last up to six weeks on bald people but I think it will be less attaching it to hair so we'll just have to see he he xx
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 11:02am
Do you put the hair on these in a weft, do you cut off the weft or put it in
between the tape? How do you reuse the hair? Seems interesting...
Why not have a great hair day???
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 11:35am

Those are tapes for hair pieces, and they are meant to attach to the polyurathane of the hairpiece and someone's bald head.  I wonder how they will stay attached to the thread like top on a weft? 

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 11:39am
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Those are tapes for hair pieces, and they are meant to attach to the polyurathane of the hairpiece and someone's bald head.

LOLOL! See, Amanda! I tole you we were going to have to shave our heads!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 11:40am

Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Those are tapes for hair pieces, and they are meant to attach to the polyurathane of the hairpiece and someone's bald head.  I wonder how they will stay attached to the thread like top on a weft? 

Those pics are for lace fronts.  They are not as strong as the red or yellow.  Since they are sold in pre-cuts, rather than loooong tapes, they are meant for 'quick-fixes'.

But good luck, ad let us know the out come.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:13pm

Sod it Amm let's just go bald and stick our hair back on every six weeks LOL  xx

Well we'll see how long these last, if these aren't bad then we can always try the red and yellow x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic