Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro-Flex Strips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:16pm

Are you on about a different red or yellow tape cyber????xx

Red Liner Collage thumb
Red Liner Tape

Used as a base liner for bonding or a higher tack for semi-extended wear. With slightly more tack than white, it's also ideal for daily wear but will stay secure for up to 3 consecutive days.
Clear Tape Collage Thumb
No Messy Residue Tape

Used for lace and extended wear, this tape boasts very good adhesion. It does not have quite as good of a bond as the Blue Lace Tape, but it requires less maintenance.
Cloth Tape Collage thumb
Cloth Tape

A double adhesive with cloth backing. This tape provides good adhesion, but not recommended for lighter densities, C-Thru bases, or Lace designs.
Blue Liner Collage Thumb
Blue Lace Tape

An extremely high tack adhesive, this tape is used for lace and extended wear. Body acids will eventually break it down and it is higher maintenance.
Proflex-TabsThumb
Pro Flex

Small tape tabs with ultra high tack levels. This is the stickiest tape you can get! Ideal for extended wear and getting that super strong bond when you need it.

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 2:20pm
That didn't come out right, if you go to www.hairdirect.com and then click on shop online and then tape adhesives you'll see all the different tapes.  Are those the red and yellow you mean cyber or something different xx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
FabulousHairExt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FabulousHairExt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 3:39pm

I think cyber is talking about tapes like this amanda http://www.superhairfactory.com/shop/index.php?main_page=pro duct_info&cPath=87&products_id=173this   this is the tape that metalgirl uses on her clients.

fyi I know my spelling sux!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2005 at 4:19pm

Yes, the red liner!  I buy the 2 widths.  Thinner width stick on hair and weave some hair on top.  Wide width fold over on extension.  Press on parted hair.  DONE!

I use this for my seamless and my Mark Barrington seamless.  It stays!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 4:00am
I'm very confused now.  On the hairdirect website is says the pro-flex strips are for the strongest hold and I'm also confused about your application method Cyber, you say you stick some on the clients head and then weave some hair and then stick some on the weft and then stick, can you explain this to me.  I just put it on the weft and then stuck it to the client's parting and then pulled down a layer of hair???? xx
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 6:46am
Amanda, do you use the whole 1 1/2 inch width of tape or do you cut it?
Is that too wide as is?

Also, do you put the track right on the tape? Do you center the track on
the tape or put it at the top on the tape?

Finally (sorry for all the questions...) do you use a machine weft or hand
weft? Just wondering about how the size of the machine weft will work
with the tapes.

Thanks a million!
Why not have a great hair day???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 8:21am
Hi there, yes I used the whole 1 1/2 inches of tape.  And yes I put the track on the tape, not sure what you mean about centering.  I've used machine weft xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:33am
Sorry, I confuse myself sometimes...when you are looking at the tape, you
place the track closer to the top edge or bottom edge or about the
middle...does that make any sense?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:37am
There are two sections to the tape already done for you so you put it up to the top of the first one and then fold it over xx
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:40am

Someone take some pictures. I need a demo!!!!

I'm really interested in this tape as an alternative to the Lg I just used. It sounds cool. But I'm not getting the visual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 9:58am
Let me try it out first chick and depending on how long it lasts i.e. how many weeks -v- washes, then I'll post installation pictures xx
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 10:12am
Yippie!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 11:01am
AH-HA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 3:47pm

Two days of wear and one wash and my little 2inch strip has held up so far, my clients hasn't washed her hair yet though LOL x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 3:05pm
Two washes and the strips are still holding up xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 3:35pm
thanks for keeping us updated! i'm excited.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 6:30pm

Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwoo Amanda8Beechwoo wrote:

I'm very confused now.  On the hairdirect website is says the pro-flex strips are for the strongest hold and I'm also confused about your application method Cyber, you say you stick some on the clients head and then weave some hair and then stick some on the weft and then stick, can you explain this to me.  I just put it on the weft and then stuck it to the client's parting and then pulled down a layer of hair???? xx

I have never tired pro-flex.  Just the micro tabs from Mark Barrington Concepts and other hair replacment tape- white, red, yellow....

Chick- here is a really good movie about seamless hair extensions http://www.tressallure.com/watch_movie.asp  I really like this over sandwiching hair over hair.  I think sandwiching hair over tape is much lighter!

xoxox

niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 7:19pm

Great movies Cyber, that helps give a visual. But what is the point of weaving some hair down on the tape before adding the weft with tape I wonder? That seems hard to imagine for me to DIY.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 9:39pm
When you sandwich your natural hair between the 2 pieces of tape (and weft) it will give you a much strong, longer lasting hold.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:10am
Ok, now I get it, so if I do it like in the video but with a normal machine weft of hair, when you've stuck your weft to the part is the side facing you sticky, do I then pull a fine layer of the client's hair down still x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic