Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro-Flex Strips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 4:29pm
amanda, gotcha!
K-B
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 3:21pm
I just overlapped the tape over the top of the weft and then used sherrie's sandwich method x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 3:18pm
Amanda,  YAY! u have been my motivation to try this with wefts. I already have euroflex tape which holds lacefront for 3 wks (and I was told is same as proflex). I ordered some red liner last week and when i get that, I will try it with redliner as base and euroflex on weft (as in tress allure video).
Amanda, if i remember correctly, u said u did your test client w/ just the proflex tape right, NO redliner.. So I'm guessing combined w/ red liner it should really hold great! Can't wait to see.
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 2:20pm
I have a client that's 11 washes and three and a half weeks living proof that the proflex tape works with regular machine weft x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 1:06pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

bump....someone please tell me exactly which tape holds the best...I hear proflex...red liner...white liner...euroflex....its all toooo confusing! I want to try it...but I want the tape that will last the longest...need links to the right tape!

I'm with ya chica! I would love to try this! Maybe once everyone gets their supplies we could all agree on weft colors on split the 5 from Lush...*hint hint*

Thanks Char for this demo... http://www.tressallure.com/watch_movie.asp

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 9:55am
So Lisa, what is the back of the seamless made of. Could I put a layer of say epocky or silicone or what ever you think the back is made of and turn a thin weft in to a seemless. Dose semless start out as a weft? Do you have a photo you could show me, Please. I just need one track for my friend so I don't want to buy the whole set. Thank's for your help.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 9:19am
That tape, or any tape is only meant to work with the seamless wefts.  I don't see how it could work with a machine weft, since it needs a flat, smooth surface in which to adhere to.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2005 at 5:22am
I'm all staring at these things for weeks thinking, "won't this blue backing show up when it's in my hair?"

And then I peeled the backing and saw that cool looking clear strip underneath. Duh.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:10pm
Sounds promising x
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 4:58pm
Ok I tried the red tape I got at a hobby store. I sandwiched my hair between 2 pieces and it held great. The only thing that didnt hold was the weft to the tape. I used WAWA and it did not stick to the tape, but like I said, the tape stuck to my hair.
SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 12:19pm
Amm's remover works a dream chick x
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2005 at 6:29am
Ok I just ordeed Pro flex and the red tape but did not get the remover. I have Amms remover and LG remover. Will either of these work or do I need to get theres too. I am tryin this on a friend . Allso because I have not used wefted hair and will be ordering from EP what sort of weft is best. They have so many types. She has very fine hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2005 at 3:34am
Well I've only had experience with the pro-flex strips and for how easy they go in and the lack of mess and they've gone 3 weeks so far, I'd go with that x
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 9:20pm
I am not familiar with euroflex, but between red liner, white liner, and pro flex, the pro flex lasts the longest.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2005 at 9:00pm
bump....someone please tell me exactly which tape holds the best...I hear proflex...red liner...white liner...euroflex....its all toooo confusing! I want to try it...but I want the tape that will last the longest...need links to the right tape!
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

Cyber, Is the red liner in 3/4 or 1 inch the best? thanks

K-B, I use either or.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:36pm
Cyber, nevermind. I re-read the thread and I see what sizes u have.
K-B
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:31pm

which tape exactly are we talking about...there are so many sites selling so many different tapes..its confusing me..

websites please! I need a map...and pictures!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:23pm
Cyber, Is the red liner in 3/4 or 1 inch the best? thanks
K-B
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by EmmaSkye EmmaSkye wrote:

Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

Yes, the red liner!  I buy the 2 widths.  Thinner width stick on hair and weave some hair on top.  Wide width fold over on extension.  Press on parted hair.  DONE!

I use this for my seamless and my Mark Barrington seamless.  It stays!!!

Cybermane, you use just the red liner tape for both? On the video they used the red liner on the head and the white tape on the weft. I was wondering why 2 different kinds of tape?

Em

YES!  I just bought the proflex tape too.  I asked the guy who sold it to me which is stronger and he said the proflex b/c it has more glue.  So far this red liner is strong.  I still have mine on and let me tell you if I didn't have that solvent, it's a pain in the a** to remove. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic