Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro-Flex Strips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 2:51pm
So it the tape you are using, AManda come in 2 pieces like that tress X video?  A top and a bottom piece?  It looks like they are 2 different types of strips.  Would this work with handtied wefts too?
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 4:13pm
No the tape I have just folds over the weft but you could easily get three pieces x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 12:44am

I was going to ask, whats the difference in the 2 tapes they use? Why cant you just use 2 strips of the red tape?

I would love to try this method but I want to be sure I have all the necessary supplies. Will this work with any type of weft or does it have to be hand tied?

Em

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 5:47am
Bummer, washed my hair last night and the strip came out.  I think I'm going to try this time the method that they used in the tress x video.  I'm also going to try and make myself a little seamless weft but I'm not sure how yet LOL maybe latex would work, what do you guys think or do you think it would transfer into the hair x
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 1:47pm
In the video I think they call the top strip something like a protein strip. It sounded like the 2 strips were different from each other?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2005 at 6:54pm
Mmm how much are the kits from them, does anyone know x
EmmaSkye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaSkye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

Yes, the red liner!  I buy the 2 widths.  Thinner width stick on hair and weave some hair on top.  Wide width fold over on extension.  Press on parted hair.  DONE!

I use this for my seamless and my Mark Barrington seamless.  It stays!!!

Cybermane, you use just the red liner tape for both? On the video they used the red liner on the head and the white tape on the weft. I was wondering why 2 different kinds of tape?

Em

SHE human hair blend, 18", #4 with Supertape.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 11:49pm
The white liner tape, which is probably Pro-Flex 2, is stronger and longer lasting than red liner tape.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 8:34am
Ok so this is a turn up for the books.  I've been trying to get in touch with the client that I installed the pro-flex strips on and it turns out her phone had broke.  She text me this morning and she's had them in 2 weeks and has washed her hair 6 times and they are still going strong, so it looks like they do work at least for 2 weeks and 6 washes so far.  I'll keep you posted x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2005 at 4:37pm
7 washes and still fine x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 3:58am
Its 3 weeks since I installed the pro-flex strips in my client.  She came last night to have her hair curled and wow, they are still sooooo in!  There has been no movement at all, they look really neat compared to bonded in wefts.  She has washed her hair 10 times now and still no movement.  They look like they could last a while longer easily x
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 5:46am
Thanks so much for the update!
Why not have a great hair day???
niftygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niftygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 7:32am
Thanks for the update Amanda. I'm geeked to try this tape!!
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 12:59pm
Amanda! I'm anxious to try this tape now. I already have something called Euro Flex Tape that i use on my lacefront. I wonder if that would work like yours, or if i should get the hairdirect kind that u have.

ETA: I went back and looked at your links for th eproflex strips and they look like what i have called "euroflex". This is link, don't they look same to u. Ima try it

http://store.adventhair.com/3010.html

i have the roll not strips

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 1:39pm
I had seamless wefts in my hair with the proflex tapes and no other adhesive, and after 6 weeks and many shampoos, it was holding strong, except for a little lifting at the corners.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 4:46pm

Hi there Koffee, they look nearly identical except the blue tape on the strips I've got has no holes in and the white side already sits in two half so you can press one side over the weft and press onto the hair and then peel off the other side.

That's brilliant Metal.  I'm sure these must be the same things.  My clients hair looked so good and so secure after three weeks, not bad going to say I just used a regular machine weft too and not the seamless x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 5:01pm
Amanda, i was wondering if u used a machine weft or seamless. Thanks for mentioning that.
K-B
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by EmmaSkye EmmaSkye wrote:

Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

Yes, the red liner!  I buy the 2 widths.  Thinner width stick on hair and weave some hair on top.  Wide width fold over on extension.  Press on parted hair.  DONE!

I use this for my seamless and my Mark Barrington seamless.  It stays!!!

Cybermane, you use just the red liner tape for both? On the video they used the red liner on the head and the white tape on the weft. I was wondering why 2 different kinds of tape?

Em

YES!  I just bought the proflex tape too.  I asked the guy who sold it to me which is stronger and he said the proflex b/c it has more glue.  So far this red liner is strong.  I still have mine on and let me tell you if I didn't have that solvent, it's a pain in the a** to remove. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:23pm
Cyber, Is the red liner in 3/4 or 1 inch the best? thanks
K-B
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:31pm

which tape exactly are we talking about...there are so many sites selling so many different tapes..its confusing me..

websites please! I need a map...and pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic