Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ExtendMagic close up 2 root&face PICS ;)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 4:56pm

pictures! pictures! (jumping up and down)

I can't wait

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwoo Amanda8Beechwoo wrote:

Amm - You neeeeeeed one of these machines, its something you would absolutely love.

The "No Synth" rule may be a deal breaker for me, though. That's a lot of money for a little machine that constantly needs money fed into it for it to work. Think I'll wait for the price to get a bit more realistic.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 2:22am
My supplier Darren says you can use synth chick xxx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 8:24am

Gals,

Sorry I've been SO out of the loop . . . just kinda lurking around and enjoying my lush hair and still facing the ultimate quandary of what is the best attachment method. . .THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!  Amanda, how do I contact Darren? ? ? Sorry I surfed around a bit and couldn't find the info (it's probably here, and I've gotten lazy).  Let me know!!

Many thanks!! - Fina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 1:57pm

Hi there chick, no problem you can e-mail him through his website www.fastbeauty.co.uk xx

Here's my client.  The install took me five hours but I assume I'll get quicker.  The thing I noticed was I had to close the machine twice to get a decent amount of glue on the thickness of the stands that I use.  I can't see how you can do a full head in 2 hours I'm sure but anyway, another thing is you have to be careful not to catch stray hairs from either side in the bond.  I suppose it would be best to use one of those little plastic guards but that would have took even longer.  11 out of 10 though.  I can't believe I got this much hair in with such tiny bonds, when she was done I ran my hand down her hair and you could hardly flipping tell she had anything in her hair, this truely is the most undetectable method so far on the market.  I bodged a couple so I just took them straight back out and redid them, took about a second, so easy.  Any other questions feel free.  Client loves this and so do I.

Edited by Amanda8Beechwoo
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:28am
Amanda, are Stan and Daren from the same company? I am ordering on monday or tuesday which ever I have time. Anna Lee will not have them till Oct. 20 so I thought I would just order from one of these guys depending on the price diferance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:31am
No chick Darren is from www.fastbeauty.co.uk and Stan is from www.hair-development.com they are both UK companies but I got mine from Darren, he has them in stock.  I think Stan isn't getting any for 28 days x
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:41am

Wow your quick!!! Thanks girl! Daren it is then. I had e-mailed him on the price and I think it was only a bit more than what Anna Lee wanted and if I can pay pal that will save on the bank transfer charge

Hey Charleen can you post a photo of that metond of moving the machine back and forth. How are these strands different than regular strands. Sorry just not folowing you

Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 8:21am

Oh my god,  those bonds are perfect!!!  Were you able to get by with less rows? or was it about the same?

Please keep us up to date on her experience with wear and tear.  Thanks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 12:51pm

I got by with about the same amount of rows but it wasn't as thick an install but still plenty of hair.  

I did another client today, this was a full head of 18inch, this took me 6 1/2 hours.  This is because this client had a lot of baby hair so I had to be really careful not to get it trapped.  It was an absolute pain in the butt.  I used one of those little plastic guards which was great but then I couldn't get close enough with the bond then so I just had to manage and I know I saw her winch a couple of times when I knew I'd trapped some hair and had to get it back out but saying that she's had shrinkies and she says this is much better, it lays a lot flatter and is so much more undetectable.  So any ideas on how to rectify the baby hair problem guys? x

Also another point I would make is don't just clean this machine after use.  I would say clean it inside every 2 hours because it jammed on me about 4 times because I didn't do this x

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 1:05pm

WOW chick- that's sooo cool!!!   And you're getting lots of full head installs with very good feedbacks!  Congrats!!! U R DA BOMB!

What I do is use the velcro for the top and bottom so I won't get any baby hairs or traveling hairs stuck to my strands.  Mine was given to me by IHI.  They only sell to pros.  But I read in a thread somewhere that you can get it for $20.  Metalgirl has one.  It is white and very wide.  I think she posted it on some thread.  I've also seen this on the seamless video.  I don't use the shield for this, just the velcro.  The strands come nice and clean- no traveling hair or any short hairs getting caught.  It also grows out like an even 'I' instead of a 'C' or an 'S'.

Marie, line up the strands together {fan them out}, then clamp down, then slowly pull the extension hair down.  It will look like 'combed hair' instead of 'tube' glue.  I'll post some pics soon.

Charlene

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 1:17pm
You can buy velcro at fabric store by the inch and it comes in different widths. Is it just the nuby side od regular velcro. I saw it in the seamless video too. Charleen I can't wait to see the pic's!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 1:36pm
ooooo I am soooo glad that there is actually something I can buy I was panicking there, now I've just got to find where to get some??? What is it actually called Char so I can do a search x
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 4:10pm

Holy Mackril,  Cybermane,  that's genius.  I'm off to Jo Ann's  I can use that with all of my chicks with the super damaged baby hairs.  Thanks.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:38pm

ooooo I am soooo glad that there is actually something I can buy I was panicking there, now I've just got to find where to get some??? What is it actually called Char so I can do a search x

velcro strip , I think?  Use the ones with the teeth, not the padding.

Scotty, this is a LIFESAVER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 4:51am
I have found where to get one of these from www.superhairfactory.com, the only problem is they want $70 for shipping which is ridiculous.  Would anyone be prepared to get me a couple and i'll paypal them the money and then them send it to me in the UK? xxx It would be much appreciated x
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 6:52am

I have found where to get one of these from www.superhairfactory.com, the only problem is they want $70 for shipping which is ridiculous.  Would anyone be prepared to get me a couple and i'll paypal them the money and then them send it to me in the UK? xxx It would be much appreciated x

I'll get it for you, chick.  I need some large ones myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 8:11am
Ahh thank you chick x
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 12:49pm

I wonder if we would get a discount if we did a hairboard order?  It looks like quite a few of us are planning on ordering.

Has anyone asked about a bulk discount?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2005 at 4:29pm
For what chick, the machines or the velcro strips lol x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic