Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ExtendMagic close up 2 root&face PICS ;)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:28am
Amanda, are Stan and Daren from the same company? I am ordering on monday or tuesday which ever I have time. Anna Lee will not have them till Oct. 20 so I thought I would just order from one of these guys depending on the price diferance.
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 1:57pm

Hi there chick, no problem you can e-mail him through his website www.fastbeauty.co.uk xx

Here's my client.  The install took me five hours but I assume I'll get quicker.  The thing I noticed was I had to close the machine twice to get a decent amount of glue on the thickness of the stands that I use.  I can't see how you can do a full head in 2 hours I'm sure but anyway, another thing is you have to be careful not to catch stray hairs from either side in the bond.  I suppose it would be best to use one of those little plastic guards but that would have took even longer.  11 out of 10 though.  I can't believe I got this much hair in with such tiny bonds, when she was done I ran my hand down her hair and you could hardly flipping tell she had anything in her hair, this truely is the most undetectable method so far on the market.  I bodged a couple so I just took them straight back out and redid them, took about a second, so easy.  Any other questions feel free.  Client loves this and so do I.

Edited by Amanda8Beechwoo
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 8:24am

Gals,

Sorry I've been SO out of the loop . . . just kinda lurking around and enjoying my lush hair and still facing the ultimate quandary of what is the best attachment method. . .THIS LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!  Amanda, how do I contact Darren? ? ? Sorry I surfed around a bit and couldn't find the info (it's probably here, and I've gotten lazy).  Let me know!!

Many thanks!! - Fina

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 2:22am
My supplier Darren says you can use synth chick xxx
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwoo Amanda8Beechwoo wrote:

Amm - You neeeeeeed one of these machines, its something you would absolutely love.

The "No Synth" rule may be a deal breaker for me, though. That's a lot of money for a little machine that constantly needs money fed into it for it to work. Think I'll wait for the price to get a bit more realistic.
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 4:56pm

pictures! pictures! (jumping up and down)

I can't wait

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 3:59pm

Mine just has a black cover on instead of a blue one.  I've used shrinkies on AA hair with success and I wouldn't see any reason at all why this machine couldn't also be used on AA hair, it gives a really strong but flexible bond and Darren certainly knows his stuff so I'd trust what he says too.

I think this would be so easy to do the back of your head, I'm going to pre-bond first and then use the machine to install them at the back of my head.  I'm doing my first EM client tomorrow so I'll post pictures of before during and after x

Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by LauraR LauraR wrote:

Cool ~ keep me posted, I really want one but want to make sure it works for AA hair

According to Darren at FBeauty, they can be used on AA hair, so i'm trusting him.
K-B
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 3:24pm
Cool ~ keep me posted, I really want one but want to make sure it works for AA hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by LauraR LauraR wrote:

Thanks Koffee ~

Are you going to get this?

yes
K-B
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:25pm

Thanks Koffee ~

Are you going to get this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:16pm
thanks Amanda (one of my fav names, BTW). How hard would it be to use it on yourself in the back of the head?

And to answer for Laura, AA means African American hair. I asked 'darren' and he said A-A women have ordered the machine  and it can be used on AA hair.

ETA: Amanda, your unit doesnt  look like the unit in the pix on website?

Edited by Koffee Brown
K-B
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 2:13pm

Amanda ~ sorry I was being lazy with my typing

AA= African American

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 1:05pm

Char - I don't get the process you are describing, what do you mean separate the extension hair?  What do you mean move strands left and right and slowly pull down, do you mean pull down the hair strand with the machine closed for the three seconds and then open?  Do you not use the pen for balding then and prebond x

Separate like you fan it out.  I haven't used the pen it.  I never prebond.  I bought this machine so I can do faster extensions.  Prebonding would be using those prebonded strands and I've got lots of those laying around anyway. You then kind of wiggle it while you have the machine closed.  Gosh it's harder to explain in words.  But that's how Myun taught me.

xoxox, Char

Edited by CyberMane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 12:18pm

Laura - I don't know what AA hair is, sorry to be dumb.  I will definitely be able to use it on myself.

Char - I don't get the process you are describing, what do you mean separate the extension hair?  What do you mean move strands left and right and slowly pull down, do you mean pull down the hair strand with the machine closed for the three seconds and then open?  Do you not use the pen for balding then and prebond x

Koffee - Yes Darren is part of Fast Beauty, there is a cartridge inside the machine but I also bought a box of five.  I asked Darren for you and he confirms its $600 for the machine, $30 per cartridge and then $31 for posting, he says he can get it to you in 7 days if you're in America.  The colour is clear.  Deal with Darren direct, there's no discount ordering through me chick xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 11:41am
 Amanda, One more thing, are you getting a special deal from Darren? I noticed you offered to purchase for someone and I was wondering if there was a discount from ordering thru you? TIA
K-B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 11:39am
ok amanda! Thanks for all that info.. That sounds HOT. U sold me! I'm ordering as soon as I can reach Fast Beauty. Now, for clarification is Darren and FastBeauty the same? Oh and do you know if it comes w/ any cartridges? And does the color matter for cartridge? My hair is black/dark brown. THANKS
K-B
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 10:08am

Char - lol, I'm already thinking of finding a bald guinea pig, I can't wait to try that, imagine how happy someone is going to be.  What are reusables by the way!

Hey chick! The reusables are, ya know, like the locs, the tubes, any metals.

I want to add this- Making strands that look like 'COMBED HAIR' - align the strands together extension and client's hair, separate the extension, pull the trigger to close, using intervals of 3 secs- move strands left and right, slowly pull down- VOILA!  It really looks like each single strand of your client's hair is 'growing real hair' without balls of glue!  I love it!  I can't say enough good things about it!

I would only use olive oil instead of acetone to remove them.  You can also remove the tape cartridge and use the heat of the machine.

-Char

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 9:56am

Has anyone tried this on AA hair?

I think I need one.  Amanda do you think you would be able to use it on yourself?

Edited by LauraR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2005 at 3:45am

Right here goes he he.  Koffee, yes that's about what I paid so I'd snap that price up as quick as you can because Darren is going to a hair show soon with these machines and the price will be about $1100 after that.

Char - lol, I'm already thinking of finding a bald guinea pig, I can't wait to try that, imagine how happy someone is going to be.  What are reusables by the way?

Amm - You neeeeeeed one of these machines, its something you would absolutely love.  I can get one off Darren for you if you want and send it to you.  Yes that's the machine on the right hand side.  A cartridge will do around 300 small strands.  It does human and synthetic hair but you have to be careful you don't hold it down too long on the synthetic, that will cause the tape to overheat and snap that's all.  There is absolutely no noise at all.  The glue used is a guarded secret and we're not allowed to know that.  You use acetone or oil for removal.  I'd just use oil because there is hardly any residue left on the hair, even less than with shrinkie removal.  You won't be able to get your breath how they look exactly like fusion but tinier and come straight out with such ease its unbelievable.  I can't tell you how easy removal is.  I put one in, removed it and when I removed it, you didn't lose the hair like with fusion, you ended up with a prebonded strand so the hair is totally reusable.  You just press the tape button off and use the machine to reinstall it, then I took that back off and there was still only a tiny bit of residue on and the strand came straight back off prebonded yet again, fab!  And then I put it back on with the pen that's usually used for the micro-strands!  If the bond wasn't quite right but it had enough glue on, say a couple of hairs hadn't fused in then all I did was turn off the tape button and reheat and roll with the machine. 

x

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic