Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

on scalp bleach.. off scalp HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: on scalp bleach.. off scalp HELP!
    Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:23am

ok so i have a new question.. what the heck is on scalp bleach or off scalp (sorry i dont know the names that good).. im used to buying bleaching kits over the counter.. but then i go to sallys and there is so many products i get confused.. and the ladys there dont know nothinG! whats safe, whats not. thanks.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 5:32am

If it says off-scalp, you don't apply it to your scalp.  It'll probably cause irritation if you ignore the instructions and use it on your scalp anyway.

More awesome than a manatee!
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:02am

I read somewhere that 'off the scalp' lighteners/bleaches should ONLY be used by professionals because they are applied in specific ways. Sounds a little scary to me. I'd stick with an 'on the scalp' kind.

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 9:37am
I used an on the scalp one, no irritation, no difficult or special application requirements, so I'd recommend on scalp if your unsure.
ammonia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2005 at 4:39am
thanks to all of you for the help.. now im a lil more educated in the whole bleaching process ;]
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 2:18am
off the scalp is mainly used crown hi-lights and the like, on scalp is what pple use for a double process blonde or full head application.
moffpoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moffpoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 10:16am
Well i read in a swedish news paper of a girl who used the Poly Blonde off the scalp hi-ligth kit on here scalp and got LOADS of chemical burns and lost here hair permanently O.o but i used on time i bleached my bangs and nuthin went wrong:P maby im a lucky one?
12 Inch Wawa, Installed with Protac, i love hair extensions<3

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 7:19pm
on the scalp bleach is bleach used to bleach the hair right up to the scalp. off the scalp bleach is used with highlights, where the bleach will never touch the scalp. if you use off scalp bleach on the scalp, you will get chemical burns.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic