Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you wear your hair every day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:49pm

SpecialKitty, my hair is 19 and 3/4 inch long (at the last measure). It grows at 3/4 inch per month. 

Measuring page: http://longhair.org/HCP/measuring.htm

Basically, you put the end of the tape measure at your hair line and then bring it down over the back of your head and "stretch" out your hair with the tape measure to see what it's length is. Do it 3 times or so just to make sure you get the same measurement.

I think it's really interesting, because it's a great way to track growth and allows you to compare your hair and to see what 30 inches, 35 inches etc looks like on other ppl.  I also like to see how fast my hair grows (have always thought it grew fast, but will be interesting to see exactly how fast)

Btw, does your name refer to "hello kitty"? I have been a Hello Kitty collector since the 70s

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 3:04pm
Missrini, our hair is just about the same length right now! (19") You might
say we're paddling down the river in the same boat assuming our hair
grows at similar rate, we could celebrate our milestones together... bra
strap length,elbow length, waist length... that'll be a good time

I usually like to wear my hair down if I can, unless I either 1.) have no time
in the morning so I just ponytail it, or 2.) my hair is being unruley in
which case I put it up somehow. I also liked doing double braids (when
my hair was longer), which look super cute, they're easy and after you
take them out you have nice waves ~
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 7:56pm
Yay!!! That's great sugaree...I'm looking forward to comparing progress reports with you

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 10:17am

Hi MissRini, I've been on vacation and didn't have my computer, or I would have replied sooner  Thanks for the information! I will measure tomorrow and also try to post some pics! My name Kitty was my grandmother's name - short for Catherine. I love Hello Kitty though.

strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2005 at 12:31pm

That's what I have been wanting to know.  I'm leaning toward a simple 3 strand braid lately too and have been wrapping and tying with satin cord or skinny ribbon.  What do you wrap and tie with, Dave?

Thanks,

SF

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

I agree with AnaisSatin.  Your hair's looking great, Sunsailing! 

I wear mine in a simple 3-strand braid for work, and wrap and tie the ends.  Looks just waist-length to the unaware.

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 11:42am

I'm too lazy/sleepy most days to do much with my hair, but I usually brush it back to the middle of my head, tie it in a loose knot then pull the ends through the middle of the knot and back towards my head then stick a claw clip on it. 

It's a pretty loose stlye anyway, but if it gets too baggy then I'll just take it out and do it again, it only takes 2 seconds lol.

In the summer I normally plait, but it gets too fuzzy on my woolly winter jumpers at the moment

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 5:07pm
I also go through phases.  Last winter and spring it was ponytails and buns, during the summer it was braids and bubba tails, during the fall it was a lot of braids and buns.  Right now it's really cold so I've been wearing it down for an extra layer of warmth... which I know is bad for my hair, but it feels so gooood! 
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by strawberryfine strawberryfine wrote:

That's what I have been wanting to know.  I'm leaning toward a simple 3 strand braid lately too and have been wrapping and tying with satin cord or skinny ribbon.  What do you wrap and tie with, Dave?

Thanks,

SF

Goody ouchless elastics (black)

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 8:42am
Great new photo Dave!  Your hair is a different color every time I see it! 

Edited to say:  ...and almost to your ankles already!

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:45am
yeah, I'm sure your hair used to be blond and straight...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:20pm
Thanks Susan!  The color it appears to be depends on the lighting.  This was outdoors (obv) on a brilliantly sunny day with low humidity, and I was in the shade, so it appears to be a very dark blonde.  And yes, those wispy ends are almost to my ankles! 
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 3:22pm

i do my hair in mostly a simple 3 strand braid everyday, ive noticed when ive had my hair in a bun i get alot of split ends i dont know why this is, if anyone could tell me why? by the way i dont use elastics or bands with metal bits.

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:07am
wow, missrini your new avatar is gorgeous!

Sorry I don't know why MrsMNK

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:48pm
i agree WOW missrini ur hair is burstin wid colour n shine!
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 9:10pm
Aww..thanks.  Thought I'd take a pic in the natural sunlight. It looks a little dark in  my sig pic (last one).

LetGoMommyHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LetGoMommyHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 7:08pm
I keep my hair down nearly all the time. Why? I have no confidence
when it comes to styling my hair. I've never learned how to braid my
hair!

LetGo...sweetie...let go of mommy's hair...
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 5:49am
Really? I started practising when I was about 7 (my mum french plaited in to two pigtails everyday and I wanted to do it myself). It can be hard to start off with but once you've got the hang of it it's really convenient. This link shows you how to do a normal plait.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/articles.php?action=vi ewarticle&artid=49

She starts it off in a complicated way-you can just put it in a ponytail and start from there (with or without a bobble)

Sorry for going off topic everyone.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 9:24pm
I wear mine up now ... which kills me... growing it long to wear it short the logic in that excapes me  ....but  it is at the length that  in between stage if I don't stack it I would cut it ... it's cute  kind of updo  fringy job.... sometime I slap some spare hair on to make it different ... like the banana clip type does no damage if your careful taking it out ... it sure help to  get me thur the  growing stages  ...
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:13am
I did a cute updo yesterday night, which looked better in real life...but
here are the photos anyway

I'm not sure how I did it, probably won't be able to recreate it...

I've been wearing my hair up a lot lately too. I'm so sick of this middle
stage! Espeacially my bangs, I keep cutting them and then growing them
out, I can't decide if I want them or not!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:56am

Hi all! Happy new year 2006! I turned 35 on january 8th 2006!

I'm a natural redhead(medium red), The length is currently 31/2 inches above my shoulders...I'm happy in general. I usually wash every other day, air dry with towel, scruch some sport dep gel at the top and side roots(for lift).

My wedding is soon, Feb 18th, Thursday Jan 12th, I'm consulting with a stylist for a mini updo for my wedding. I'm thinking my sides pulled up and twisted and clipped(using a barrete) then the veil and tiera.

By the way I cut my own hair, and my bangs are cut slanted, I'm casual, confident....I've had really long hair back in 200/2001/2002. Even as a girl I had long hair....

That's all for now....I don't wish to overwhelm anyone, ;)

Katie

Katie ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic