Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you wear your hair every day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 12:17pm
Welcome to the board 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 4:14pm

Hi there!

Thanks for welcoming me to the board. I feel really happy I discovered HairBoutique.com

I wish everyone the best of health, regardless of hair color or length. ;)

God Bless too!

Katie ;)

Katie ;)
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 5:46pm
Hello I used to wear my hair in a ponytail everyday when my hair was waist-hip length and than switched to single braid since I found it damaging. And wore braids tailbone-thighes. Now I find the braids end gets stuck into things too much and is damaging so I'M switching to wrapped -braids/braid loops or buns. Unfortunately buns are usually not much comfortable on my scalp so I choose to do braids and wrapp them.:)

Hair type: 2cM/Ciii
Length: thighes
Growing as far as it goes...
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 10:55pm
Sorun....that is one sumptuous updo!!!!   Man, hair to the thighs...I can't even imagine.  Good on you for gettting it that long (and beyond!)

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 10:59pm
Oh...and welcome Katie! Happy Birthday to you  Be sure to send us a pic of your wedding up-do.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 2:09am
Welcome Katie and Sorun
my LJ, 40 inches long
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 4:29am

Hi and Thank You all!

I'm excited, because today(at 4pm) I go to a fun and friendly salon called "Motley Salon" no It's not Motley Crue, lol! ;)

I will have face framing highlights(because I have natural medium red hair,) I'll go with copper highlights. Plus a partial updo with my veil and tierea!

I don't have a "scanner". Sorry I can't upload, or download a pic for you all after my appointment, but I wish I could. You see my wedding cost take 1st priority....I hope to get a scanner one day soon, maybe in March, after my hooneymoon in Puerta Vallarta Mexico!

P.S. I use Walgreens brand Herbal shampoo, no conditioner, and sport Dep gel sparingly. I'm so low matience. But I always take a multi vitamin, selinium, and b complex with zinc too.

Back in the day I used to use a mix of grapeseed oil with Lavendar essential oil to massage into my scalp, then wash, and I noticed haelthier hair, why I don't do that now, I guess I'm lazy....

Thanks again, I'll keep in touch, God Bless!

Katie ;)
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 5:23am
Hello missrini and AnaisSatin
missrini I'M sure your lovely locks will make it there soon
oh and thanks for liking the updo it's a bee-butt bun

Edited by sorun

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 8:22am
That is one whopping amount of hair you have there Sorun!  Very nice!

Welcome aboard to both you and Katie.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 1:43pm
thank you tdouty  You seem to have very lovely hair yourself

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 7:23pm

Hi Katie and Sorun, Welcome to the Board. I am new myself. Good luck on the wedding Katie! Puerto Vallarta is a great place to go for your honeymoon, especially this time of year. I went a few years ago and it was fabulous! I really liked Old Town. Enjoy and congratulations.

Sorun, you have such beautiful, long, thick dark hair. Such an inspiration. Glad you're here!

sorun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sorun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by SpecialKitty SpecialKitty wrote:

Sorun, you have such beautiful, long, thick dark hair. Such an inspiration. Glad you're here!

Aw thank you I'M glad to be here too

gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 4:57am

Hi all!

Oh wo, I'm sooo happy with my highlights(which look natural) also the updo for my wedding which she added some curls(using a medium barrel curling iron)and along with my veil and tiera; well I looked and felt like a princess!!!!

My hair stylist Mary said soon she'll be 25 yr.s and I told her I just turned 35 yr.s Mary told me I do not look 35, and she's right!

It's more than gettting great hair, I use sunscreen, religiously(if you will).

So anyway, I'm so excited about February 18th, the Wedding Day!!!

For a while I never imagined I ever find such a sweetheart like my fiance' Steve!! He is pricless to me! Also we have wonderful friends, and family too!

I wish to thank all of You for welcoming me on the board!

Can I be Editor in Cheif? LOL, just kidding!

P.S. I bought a Tigi shampoo, which is called "Moisture Maniac". It smells fresh and should keep (my near virgin) hair looking great!

Take care evryone, and God Bless too!

Katie ;)
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 6:56am
Sorun:  The picture is actually of my girlfriend, Jennifer.  We both have a big interest in long hair and I just post for her since her computer access time is limited (5 kids).  I do a lot of the care of her hair, including washing and brushing, and I share anything with her that I find interesting here in the forum.  Thanks for your compliments and I'll be sure to pass on your kind works when I see Jennifer at lunch today.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
prettybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:11am
That depends. When I work, it's in a bun under an ugly visor, so when I'm off, my hair is always down. Whether it's straight or curly depends on how lazy I am! It's typically straightened though!  It just looks better straight.
[IMG]http://www.sherimoonzombie.net/site/media/gifs/sherimoonzombie-babysmile.gif" />

CURRENT HAIR: blonde =) straight, under a tiara!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 3:57pm
Is that you in the video clip in your sig prettybaby?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 6:37pm

I've been totally distracted by your cute sig too.

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 1:56pm
Me too.   She's quite flirtatious.

Rini, I'm amazed at how much your hair has grown since November!

Welcome, gunnie and sorun!
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 8:56pm

I'm bored.  Supposed to be studying.  So I took a few pics of my every day style.  Since Jan 1, I think I've worn my hair down 3 times... blow dried once, and braid waves the other two.

And yes, I do this style with ouchless elastics... not great for my hair, but the only thing that feels secure and comfortable for me.

Sometimes the ends hang over the bun and you can't see it, but I love to leave it down from time to time because everyone's like "OH WOW, long hair!" 

It's convenient... keeps it off my neck/clothes when it's wet.  I have thin chin length bangs that I had cut in December as well... they're side parted and tucked behind my ears.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 10:14pm
Holly,

They don't even know you have long hair?  Wow.   They must be totally amazed when you wear all of it loose.

The updo looks quite secure -- and shiny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic