Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you wear your hair every day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you wear your hair every day?
    Posted: November 21 2005 at 11:12pm

Just curious

I wear my hair up all the time and 99% of the time I wear a french twist held by a concord clip. Simple and easy! 

What is your favourite upstyle (hair-friendly of course!) ?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 7:17am
Jennifer wears her hair down and loose most of the time.  When she puts it up, she usually puts it in a bun.  From time to time, she'll do a braid, pigtails, topsy-tail or even two buns made from pigtails.  Our personal feeling is that if you have long hair, let it down and show it.  It's better for the condition of the hair to stay up and hidden all the time, but we both prefer to see long hair down and flowing.  

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 7:33am
I wear it up a lot, unless I've used cones recently to prevent some of the tangling.  I either do a french twist or a braided bun with sticks to hold it up, but some days I like to do different things for variety (hair cinch, ponytail, french braid).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 9:36am
A braid.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
buckiefairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckiefairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 10:05am
I like taking the bits of hair just above my ears, braiding them and then pulling them round to the back of my head where they meet eachother and keep them there with a tiny little butterfly clip. It looks very pretty!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 6:04pm

It's been below freezing lately... so I have to contain my hair in a way that it fits inside my hat. Lately I've been wearing a scrunchied single braid or a cinnabun with corkscrew stick.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 6:57pm
Pretty much anyway: down, ponytail (messy or sleek), half up, braided (haven't done this in awhile, will again when hair grows out), classic bun, messy bun, pigtails, and funky ways that I see on t.v. and decide to try on myself. I don't really like it when people wear their hair the same way every day, life is short, put some variety into it!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 8:31pm

Well Chelsea, I consider my perpetual up-styles to be a phase I have to go through.  I'm really not happy with the length of my hair right now, so I'm afraid that if I wear it down I will start to obsess over it and then cut it off again!

There is plenty of variety in other aspects of my life....don't you worry about that

ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 9:15pm
Hey missrini, that comment was not directed at you at all. Sorry if it seemed like it. I just went back up and reread your first post. I have a friend who has long hair and wont wear it anyway, but down. I know it shouldn't matter to me how she wears her hair, but she can do soooo many diiferent styles with it and won't, guess I am a little jeaouls I understand about having to wear hair up while it is growing out, we both are trying to go our hair out right now. Besides we are growing it out so we can do different styles to it!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2005 at 10:00pm
Mostly pony although sometimes down.  
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 12:13am
s'ok Chelsea. I was not at all offended (I'm really very difficult to offend!), just thought I should elaborate on the constant up-styles

gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 8:26am

I wear my hair down most of the time I kind of pull it all to one side over my shoulder. and its getting a bit longer

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 11:55am
I go through phases...At the moment I'm in a plaiting phase, before that it was loose phase and before that ponytail. I would like to wear my hair up more but I never have time (or patience!) in the mornings. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 8:14pm
I wear mine in a ponytail most of the time. It's always tied back at work, except two days ago when students in two classes begged me to let it down....they got a kick out of it
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 12:48pm

Fabulous sig, Sunsailing! What grade do you teach?

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 4:37pm
I agree with AnaisSatin.  Your hair's looking great, Sunsailing! 

I wear mine in a simple 3-strand braid for work, and wrap and tie the ends.  Looks just waist-length to the unaware.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:52pm
I'm on vacation right now, so I've been wearing my hair in two braids. This has allowed me to stretch out the time between washes and do lots of conditioning/oiling. I never thought I could go four days without washing, but that's what I did this week. When I'm working, I have been wearing it up mostly. It is in an awkward stage right now, a few extra inches will help!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 8:58pm
SpecialKitty, I know what you mean about that awkward stage! How long is your hair right now (inches)?

Katarina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 11:52pm
I wear my hair down when I'm home and up at work.Wink
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 8:42am
Hi MissRini, I'm not quite sure how to measure it, but it is just at shoulder length (barely). Your hair looks about three or four inches longer than mine. I think my hair is about the length of your middle (August) picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic