Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

delete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: delete
    Posted: December 31 2005 at 2:19am
Sugaree--Thanks! Yeah, Tare Panda is super cute. It's kind of embarrassing, but a couple of years ago I bought a bunch of Tare Panda address labels from an eBay seller.

Sunsailing--Whoa, it looks like you've made a lot of progress since you started growing! Your hair looks really good!

Dave--Thank you! I guess it has grown a lot in two years, but it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. hahaha

Sorry for not replying/commenting sooner, but I was out of town for a week and have been easing back into posting on all the forums I belong to.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 2:31pm
Thanks for the positive comments. My hair does have a natural wave/curl. I just don't have time to let it completely dry every time I wash it, so I usually use a dryer after it air dries for about 45 minutes...that makes it straight. Every once in a while I help the curls.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 12:34pm
Wow,Sunsailing! Your hair is the most beautiful colour! Do you alter your wave formation or does it just depend on time between washes? It looks great both straight and wavy!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 11:24am

Whoa, the thickness and shine and slickness.... oooooooh

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 8:44am

Wow Sunsailing, nice collection of shiny pics!  It looks very wavy sometimes and very straight others, is that your natural wave and you straighten it? Looks great both ways!

Its nice to see everyone's photos, everyone's hair looks great!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:27am
That's an amazing collection of pics, Sunsailing!  Your hair appears to be so thick! 

And thank you too, Juri, for your progress pics.  You've come a long way in just 2 years!

You are so right, Katja.  Split ends galore, here too.  S&D sessions are like a field day.  Everywhere I look, there are split ends.  My S&D process is complicated due to the extent of my hair's natural taper; I have to search 3+ feet of hair for splits.

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:09am

Thought I'd post a "growing out" picture too. I began growing back in the Fall of 2000, but I don't have any pictures from then. I compiled the pictures below a few of years ago, thus it doesn't include the past few years (If I ever have some spare time, I could include more recent pictures.)

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 7:34pm
What everyone is saying about split ends is true.  You may not see them in the pictures, but we've all got 'em, myself included.  Don't feel bad, Holly!!
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 11:38am
juri - I love your avatar by the way...my boyfriend got me hooked on Tare
Panda when he gave me a sticker back in high school. So cute!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 9:22am
Jennifer has a ton of split ends too.  They don't show up in pictures unless the macro setting would be used to really zoom in.  Her hair gets tangled all the time at the ends.  We did cut a bunch of the damage off, but there's still lots more there.  We figure she'll let it grow to the length she wants with as little damage as possible and then start whacking off the damage with trims as she keeps the length.  What you're experiencing, letmecount123, may be the same many of us experience (and nobody sees I might add) as hair is growing and trims are kept to a minimum.  Your hair really looks great, so I hope you aren't going to let somebody go crazy with scissors.

BTW, the hair companies are just pounding the door off the hinges all the time, but I scare them away by squirting them with my squeeze bottle of conditioner ... hahaha.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 8:39am
letmecount123-I challenge you for the split queen title! I've got millions

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 11:16pm
Thanks Dave!
my LJ, 40 inches long
juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:36pm
Sugaree--You're welcome! Your hair must have looked quite neat back then. I tried Punky Color on my hair in the 8th grade, but I didn't know about bleaching hair, so it didn't take.

Tdouty--You're welcome! Jennifer's hair is super! She must take really good care of it.

Katja--It looks like you've made a lot of progress since you started growing out your hair!

Um, as for my own hair, my sig pic shows some of the stages my hair has been in since I started to grow it. The second picture is from the short period of time when I had fuchsia colored hair. Since I had gone to the trouble of getting it bleached, I had intended to keep my hair anime colored for a while, but I got tired of the dye rubbing off on everything, so that look only lasted three months.

14.5/29.25/39
1b NC ii/iii
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:28pm

I can't believe how fast everyone's hair grows... wow.

And it's so shiny. 

tdouty - Careful, the hair companies might come after Jennifer to do their commercials and snatch her away...

Katja - that's really weird to see your hair all different lengths and colours...

Everybody here's so supportive and seeing all these pictures is kind of inspirational for someone who has the worst problem with split ends...they're getting taken care of next week and then I can start with not so dry nasty hair...

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:04pm
Anais!  I hadn't seen your pictures when I first posted in this thread (for some reason, the pics didn't show).  Wow!  Your hair has grown so fast and it's so pretty! 

Tdouty/Jennifer, Sugareee, and Katja, thank you all for sharing your pictures as well!  I'd say the passage of time (and application of gentle care) has all done your hair good!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 12:06pm

WoW Katja! Your hair is GORGEOUS and in great condition  I look forward to seeing more of your hair pictures as it gets longer.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:00am
Very pretty Katja!  Thanks for sharing your great hair with us. We both enjoy seeing these progress pictures...great thread! 

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:33am
wow, your hair grows REALLY quickly Katja! Looks gorgeous too!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:24pm

Holly, Anais, tdouty, LadyFrog, missrini, and sugaree: Your hair is collectively beautiful!!!!  Long, short, transitioning... every pic looks so healthy and shiny!

You've all inspired me to make a hair portfolio of my own:

...I know some of those are bad quality, but you get the idea.  The white horizontal lines on some of the pictures are to show the "body markers" my hair fell to at the time of the picture when I was standing/sitting up straight (since I'm leaning in a lot of them).  Hope you can all see them!

Keep up the great growth, everyone!

-Katja

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks for the compliments, Juri.  I'll be sure to tell Jennifer.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic