Print Page | Close Window

delete

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37557
Printed Date: May 29 2024 at 1:08am

Topic: delete
Posted By: letmecount123
Subject: delete
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 4:44pm
delete

Replies:
Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:30pm

Fabulous hair! You've grown soooo long since 2000!
I think this should be a progress pictures thread. Let's all post progress pictures.. I'll make a collage tomorrow hopefully and edit this post.

Anais

Edited 11/28: Here are some photos:

March 2003 (2004?)(I'd swear I started growing in 2003)
June 2004 in Los Angeles 
Early September of 2004
Late September of 2004

Early December 2004
March 2005 at around mid-back-waist-ish
Beltaine 2005 when it felt like waist length
Late June at hair meet, with LisaJaney and Teacherbear

Cherry picking in mid-July 2005
August 6 2005 at almost-hip
???unknown date, possibly October
October 2 2005 at covering-hipbone length

Looks almost tailbone when straight
Frozen hair day, November 18 2005

Whew, I'm glad I have a "progress" folder.

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 5:39pm
GREAT progress, Holly!   Thank you for sharing these photos.

Personally I think your hair looks better the longer it gets.  But I'm probably biased.

-------------

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 9:04pm

Holly...so the bottom pic is the most recent one?  I agree that your hair looks MUCH better longer! Did you have regular trims in that 5 year period?

Anais...can't WAIT to see your pics!!!!!

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Did you have regular trims in that 5 year period?

Define "regular" trim... haha.  They weren't regular by any means.  It was more like "Okay, the ends of my hair feel/look fried..." Followed by a trip to the hairdresser and saying, "Please take off as little as you can!"

I got in "trouble" for going 6-8 months between trims.  I actually did some major cuts in those few years, especially between 2000-2002.  I had more or less been maintaining a shoulder length style until the end of 2002 (I was about 17) when I decided to grow it out.

And since then everyone (family, friends) has just been very supportive.  Every time I would say, "Oh...should I cut my hair?" it would be "NO!" from them.  And I've had a few boyfriends that said they'd be mad if the hair went missing, so it stayed...

-------------

Posted By: baker46
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 11:03pm

Gorgeous hair!! You're an inspiration to all of us "wannabe's". I think the key to letting it grow is patience.....which can be very difficult when you're at the ugly "in-between" stage. I've had short hair so long that when I look at pics of myself with longer hair I don't remember what it was like to have it that long!! My husband is glad I'm letting it grow...I think he's tired of looking at my short hair also!

Thanks again for the great pics!

Posted By: Tyranna
Date Posted: November 27 2005 at 11:39pm
Wow, what wonderful progress.

Posted By: juri
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:21am
Your hair looks great!! Long hair really suits you. 

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 3:57am
Wow, your so pretty! And I agree your hair has grown alot in 5 years, it looks great 

Posted By: Katarina
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:08am
Your hair looks so healthy.Give us some product-tips,pleaseSmile.

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 8:46am
Thank you for the inspirational photos!

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 8:51am
Great hair!  Thanks for sharing! 

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:38pm
wow, amazing growth! I agree with Anais-it should be a progress thread. Unfortunately I have no picture since my hair has never really been shorter than it is now. Ah well. (Can't remember it being shorter than elbows)

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: Vicky
Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:46pm
Wow Anais, you've come such a long way. Keep up the good work, your hair looks amasing 

Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:46pm

Awww, thanks everyone.  You're all so sweet.

I don't think I was ever consciously taking progress pictures... I just had the occasional day where I was fascinated by how long my hair looked and took a few pictures.

And I really wouldn't say I have healthy hair.  Or any great product tips.

I've been using satin pillowcases for probably two years though.  Sometimes if my hair is looking relatively nice or I have it braided, I tie a silk pajama top on my head when I sleep.  It keeps my hair in semi-decent shape when I put pseudo-micros in every summer.

My hair isn't exactly straight either.  Most of those pics are following a blow dry straight.  Air-drying produces a poofy fuzzy mess that I haven't learned to deal with. 

LadyFrog, how long have you had your hair that long if you can't remember it short?  Do you keep it a similar length consistantly?  I personally couldn't see myself being able to manage with hair any longer than your own.

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:40pm
Anais.....FABULOUS!!! I love your hair (have always had a "thing" for black hair).  I wonder what your terminal length will be?

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:47pm
Thank you Vicky and Missrini

-------------

Date Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:14pm
Great progress photos, Anais! I don't think I've seen some of them before. 

Date Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:46am
letmecount123, I have had long hair my entire life. In the past, I did not consciously grow it or maintain one length, I just chopped off 4 or 5 inches every year and it always stayed around elbow length. It's only the  past year maybe I realised my hair was long and decided to grow it. I hope this has answered your question

I agree Anais, lovely pics

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: tdouty
Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 8:42am
Anais, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone's hair grow faster than your's does.  That is sure some incredible progress indeed!  Fabulous hair!  We decided to include some progress pictures of Jennifer in this thread as well. 

This picture was taken in January of 2004, shortly after Jennifer and I first met:  

June of the same year ... 5 months had past: 

September of the same year:

This picture was taken almost exactly one year ago.  At this point, I was considering Jennifer's hair to be "long", but she didn't.

Then in March of 2005, we took this picture.  Her hair looks uneven at the bottom, but I think it's just the way she had it pulled back this particular day:

I took this picture of her while on vacation at Assateaque Island this past summer:

Then, in September I took this picture and Jennifer made the remark to me around this time that she thought her hair was beginning to look "long".

Because of split ends from not having a trim for a very long time, we decided to trim the longest growth from the middle of her hair.  I hated to do it, but we agreed it was best for her hair.  Now, her hair looks much neater and it's ready for a year of growth in 2006.   I can't wait to see her hair at her waist.

Posted By: Sugaree
Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 2:59pm
Anais,

I think you have the most lovely hair I've ever seen. It's gorgeous! Your
pics are definatly inspirational. By the look of your hair progress photos it
seems to grow very fast! Is your hair all one length? I just cut my hair to
my shoulders in October and I'm aiming for waist length (for now). I cut it
to get rid of the layers because I think it will look better long at one
length. Do you have any fringe?

-------------
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist

Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 4:05pm

Awwwww thank you Ladyfrog, Tdouty, and Sugaree  

Sugaree, you made my day! My hair can be described as extremely tapered. I had fringe, but because I've cut a total of 2 cm maximum since mid-2003, the rest of it has "fuzzed": everything grew in and shedded at different rates, so I just have a big gradient of random hair. The shortest natural layers are about eyeball length, ranging all the way down to hip length. It almost looks like I've never cut it. I still search and snip for individual split ends though.

Hugs and faery blessings
Anais

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:02pm

tdouty...thanks for all those pics!! Doesn't Jennifer have a  lovely smile?    I really like the look of her ends right now, nice and neat/blunt. I am aiming for a blunt ended look when my hair is long too.

Anais, I think it's great that you have not had to do any drastic cuts in all that time. Well done!   I  hope I can go for a couple of years without trimming (well, at least for the next 12 months). How much does your hair grow in one month? Based on your answer, I could visualise my hair in 12 months I think (it grows 3/4 inch per month).

-------------

Date Posted: December 01 2005 at 11:42pm

Ohhhh I totally forgot to comment on Jennifer's hair. That was insensitive of me. I went to page 2 and got carried away. Jennifer's hair is getting more and more gorgeous. And she looks so young too!

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 6:50am
I'll be sure to show her all your wonderful comments today at lunch.  We did cut a few inches off there a month or two ago, but we like the look now.  Also, without intending to do so, we removed the rest of her layers from a cut she had done 2 years ago.  Her hair should look terrific when it's waist-length.  Thanks for the compliments.

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 8:07am
tdouty, are you Jennifer's boyfriend/husband? ( I know I've seen a
wedding pic on here somewhere...) I find it really sweet that you take a
genuine interest in you wife's hair!

Anais, you definatly my longhair idol! (I use the word "idol" in a loose and
non-obsessive kind of way - I just couldn't think of a better term) I
believe we have similar hairtype and color ( I just went to Fia's Hair
Classifing and determined that I am 1c M iii - about 4" 3/8 around) so in
the future if my hair looks half as good as your's does, I'll be sastisfied.

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 9:28am
Sugaree:  Yes I am her boyfriend .. well slightly more than boyfriend.  The picture of her in a wedding gown was from a day we were playing around with a couple wedding gowns she had laying in the attic.  I thought she looked great in them so we took some photos.  I'm not sure how a guy could not take an interest in his lady's long hair ... it's very sensual, romantic and sexy at the same time.  We get a lot of enjoyment out of the time we spend together while I brush or wash her hair.  I know it's each to his/her own, but I do enjoy long hair on a woman and am quite open about it.  I post here since I have more computer time at my disposal and then show her all the interesting things that are posted.  We've learned a lot from this forum.

-------------

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 1:36pm
tdouty, that    -   is   ;  -   awsome. My boyfriend prefers long hair, but
sometimes I wonder if recognizes all the hard work it takes to mantain it,
it sounds like you do! Good for you, seriously, you're awsome.

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 1:49pm
Well, I didn't realize how hard it was to keep long hair looking healthy.  I always thought you just washed it every-other day or so and that was that.  It does take more attention than that, but I love it and I'm up for the challenge ;-).  Now, I just hope my head will fit through the door tonight when I want to leave.  Thanks for your kind words.

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 2:05pm
Here are a couple of pictures I found of myself to show my hair, not
enough to make a good progressive log, but just to get myself out there.

this is me last year around this time...I did a little curl on the bottom
which looked nice I thought...

this is not too long after that... maybe like january 2004 with the straight
look...

this is in June of 2004, it doesn't seem like it was ever much longer than
this, but it must have been because I didn't do the BIG CHOP until October

This is the most recent pic I have of my latest hair do, which was taken
about 2 weeks ago. it's not a very good picture as far as seeing my hair
but if you could use your imagination, the length is a little above the
shoulder

I'll have better pictures up soon, as soon as I get that digital camera I
asked for for Xmas....he he he

-------------

Date Posted: December 02 2005 at 7:57pm

WOW! Look at that shine!  Thank you for sharing your photos, Sugaree.

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:34pm
Tdouty--Jennifer's hair looks really great!

Sugaree--Shiny! I really like the color.

Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:38am
Thanx Juri! I used to dye it every color of the rainbow! ( I mean like,
green, blue, purple ect.) From 7th grade until the end of highschool I had
hair that wasn't my natural color...I don't know why, I always thought my
color was boring. Then a couple years ago I let it all grow out and now I'm
back to my real color and I love it! Go figure.

-------------

Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:27am
wow, you're like me...kind of. I'm desperate to dye my hair really unnatural colours and I spent most of last year trying to dye my hair purple with non permanent dyes. Unfortunately, it would damage myb hair really badly so I won't dye it. Be an 80 year old granny with pink hair...

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:31am
Thanks for the compliments, Juri.  I'll be sure to tell Jennifer.  

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: December 11 2005 at 10:24pm

Holly, Anais, tdouty, LadyFrog, missrini, and sugaree: Your hair is collectively beautiful!!!!  Long, short, transitioning... every pic looks so healthy and shiny!

You've all inspired me to make a hair portfolio of my own:

...I know some of those are bad quality, but you get the idea.  The white horizontal lines on some of the pictures are to show the "body markers" my hair fell to at the time of the picture when I was standing/sitting up straight (since I'm leaning in a lot of them).  Hope you can all see them!

Keep up the great growth, everyone!

-Katja

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Date Posted: December 12 2005 at 9:33am
wow, your hair grows REALLY quickly Katja! Looks gorgeous too!

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:00am
Very pretty Katja!  Thanks for sharing your great hair with us. We both enjoy seeing these progress pictures...great thread! 

-------------

1c.m.ii

Date Posted: December 12 2005 at 12:06pm

WoW Katja! Your hair is GORGEOUS and in great condition  I look forward to seeing more of your hair pictures as it gets longer.

Anais

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:04pm
Anais!  I hadn't seen your pictures when I first posted in this thread (for some reason, the pics didn't show).  Wow!  Your hair has grown so fast and it's so pretty! 

Tdouty/Jennifer, Sugareee, and Katja, thank you all for sharing your pictures as well!  I'd say the passage of time (and application of gentle care) has all done your hair good!

-------------

Date Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:28pm

I can't believe how fast everyone's hair grows... wow.

And it's so shiny. 

tdouty - Careful, the hair companies might come after Jennifer to do their commercials and snatch her away...

Katja - that's really weird to see your hair all different lengths and colours...

Everybody here's so supportive and seeing all these pictures is kind of inspirational for someone who has the worst problem with split ends...they're getting taken care of next week and then I can start with not so dry nasty hair...

-------------

Date Posted: December 13 2005 at 9:36pm
Sugaree--You're welcome! Your hair must have looked quite neat back then. I tried Punky Color on my hair in the 8th grade, but I didn't know about bleaching hair, so it didn't take.

Tdouty--You're welcome! Jennifer's hair is super! She must take really good care of it.

Katja--It looks like you've made a lot of progress since you started growing out your hair!

Um, as for my own hair, my sig pic shows some of the stages my hair has been in since I started to grow it. The second picture is from the short period of time when I had fuchsia colored hair. Since I had gone to the trouble of getting it bleached, I had intended to keep my hair anime colored for a while, but I got tired of the dye rubbing off on everything, so that look only lasted three months.

-------------

14.5/29.25/39
1b NC ii/iii

Date Posted: December 13 2005 at 11:16pm
Thanks Dave!

-------------

Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 8:39am
letmecount123-I challenge you for the split queen title! I've got millions

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 9:22am
Jennifer has a ton of split ends too.  They don't show up in pictures unless the macro setting would be used to really zoom in.  Her hair gets tangled all the time at the ends.  We did cut a bunch of the damage off, but there's still lots more there.  We figure she'll let it grow to the length she wants with as little damage as possible and then start whacking off the damage with trims as she keeps the length.  What you're experiencing, letmecount123, may be the same many of us experience (and nobody sees I might add) as hair is growing and trims are kept to a minimum.  Your hair really looks great, so I hope you aren't going to let somebody go crazy with scissors.

BTW, the hair companies are just pounding the door off the hinges all the time, but I scare them away by squirting them with my squeeze bottle of conditioner ... hahaha.

-------------

1c.m.ii

Date Posted: December 14 2005 at 11:38am
juri - I love your avatar by the way...my boyfriend got me hooked on Tare
Panda when he gave me a sticker back in high school. So cute!

-------------

Posted By: Katja
Date Posted: December 16 2005 at 7:34pm
What everyone is saying about split ends is true.  You may not see them in the pictures, but we've all got 'em, myself included.  Don't feel bad, Holly!!

-------------
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:09am

Thought I'd post a "growing out" picture too. I began growing back in the Fall of 2000, but I don't have any pictures from then. I compiled the pictures below a few of years ago, thus it doesn't include the past few years (If I ever have some spare time, I could include more recent pictures.)

-------------

Date Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:27am
That's an amazing collection of pics, Sunsailing!  Your hair appears to be so thick! 

And thank you too, Juri, for your progress pics.  You've come a long way in just 2 years!

You are so right, Katja.  Split ends galore, here too.  S&D sessions are like a field day.  Everywhere I look, there are split ends.  My S&D process is complicated due to the extent of my hair's natural taper; I have to search 3+ feet of hair for splits.

-------------

Posted By: Susan W
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 8:44am

Wow Sunsailing, nice collection of shiny pics!  It looks very wavy sometimes and very straight others, is that your natural wave and you straighten it? Looks great both ways!

Its nice to see everyone's photos, everyone's hair looks great!

-------------
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 11:24am

Whoa, the thickness and shine and slickness.... oooooooh

Anais

-------------

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 12:34pm
Wow,Sunsailing! Your hair is the most beautiful colour! Do you alter your wave formation or does it just depend on time between washes? It looks great both straight and wavy!

-------------

Posted By: Sunsailing
Date Posted: December 18 2005 at 2:31pm
Thanks for the positive comments. My hair does have a natural wave/curl. I just don't have time to let it completely dry every time I wash it, so I usually use a dryer after it air dries for about 45 minutes...that makes it straight. Every once in a while I help the curls.

-------------

Date Posted: December 31 2005 at 2:19am
Sugaree--Thanks! Yeah, Tare Panda is super cute. It's kind of embarrassing, but a couple of years ago I bought a bunch of Tare Panda address labels from an eBay seller.

Sunsailing--Whoa, it looks like you've made a lot of progress since you started growing! Your hair looks really good!

Dave--Thank you! I guess it has grown a lot in two years, but it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. hahaha

Sorry for not replying/commenting sooner, but I was out of town for a week and have been easing back into posting on all the forums I belong to.

Print Page | Close Window