Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

delete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:27am
wow, you're like me...kind of. I'm desperate to dye my hair really unnatural colours and I spent most of last year trying to dye my hair purple with non permanent dyes. Unfortunately, it would damage myb hair really badly so I won't dye it. Be an 80 year old granny with pink hair...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 7:38am
Thanx Juri! I used to dye it every color of the rainbow! ( I mean like,
green, blue, purple ect.) From 7th grade until the end of highschool I had
hair that wasn't my natural color...I don't know why, I always thought my
color was boring. Then a couple years ago I let it all grow out and now I'm
back to my real color and I love it! Go figure.
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:34pm
Tdouty--Jennifer's hair looks really great!

Sugaree--Shiny! I really like the color.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 7:57pm

WOW! Look at that shine!  Thank you for sharing your photos, Sugaree.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 2:05pm
Here are a couple of pictures I found of myself to show my hair, not
enough to make a good progressive log, but just to get myself out there.

this is me last year around this time...I did a little curl on the bottom
which looked nice I thought...

this is not too long after that... maybe like january 2004 with the straight
look...

this is in June of 2004, it doesn't seem like it was ever much longer than
this, but it must have been because I didn't do the BIG CHOP until October

This is the most recent pic I have of my latest hair do, which was taken
about 2 weeks ago. it's not a very good picture as far as seeing my hair
but if you could use your imagination, the length is a little above the
shoulder

I'll have better pictures up soon, as soon as I get that digital camera I
asked for for Xmas....he he he

Edited by Sugaree

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 1:49pm
Well, I didn't realize how hard it was to keep long hair looking healthy.  I always thought you just washed it every-other day or so and that was that.  It does take more attention than that, but I love it and I'm up for the challenge ;-).  Now, I just hope my head will fit through the door tonight when I want to leave.  Thanks for your kind words.
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 1:36pm
tdouty, that    -   is   ;  -   awsome. My boyfriend prefers long hair, but
sometimes I wonder if recognizes all the hard work it takes to mantain it,
it sounds like you do! Good for you, seriously, you're awsome.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 9:28am
Sugaree:  Yes I am her boyfriend .. well slightly more than boyfriend.  The picture of her in a wedding gown was from a day we were playing around with a couple wedding gowns she had laying in the attic.  I thought she looked great in them so we took some photos.  I'm not sure how a guy could not take an interest in his lady's long hair ... it's very sensual, romantic and sexy at the same time.  We get a lot of enjoyment out of the time we spend together while I brush or wash her hair.  I know it's each to his/her own, but I do enjoy long hair on a woman and am quite open about it.  I post here since I have more computer time at my disposal and then show her all the interesting things that are posted.  We've learned a lot from this forum.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 8:07am
tdouty, are you Jennifer's boyfriend/husband? ( I know I've seen a
wedding pic on here somewhere...) I find it really sweet that you take a
genuine interest in you wife's hair!

Anais, you definatly my longhair idol! (I use the word "idol" in a loose and
non-obsessive kind of way - I just couldn't think of a better term) I
believe we have similar hairtype and color ( I just went to Fia's Hair
Classifing and determined that I am 1c M iii - about 4" 3/8 around) so in
the future if my hair looks half as good as your's does, I'll be sastisfied.

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 6:50am
I'll be sure to show her all your wonderful comments today at lunch.  We did cut a few inches off there a month or two ago, but we like the look now.  Also, without intending to do so, we removed the rest of her layers from a cut she had done 2 years ago.  Her hair should look terrific when it's waist-length.  Thanks for the compliments.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 11:42pm

Ohhhh I totally forgot to comment on Jennifer's hair. That was insensitive of me. I went to page 2 and got carried away. Jennifer's hair is getting more and more gorgeous. And she looks so young too!

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 5:02pm

tdouty...thanks for all those pics!! Doesn't Jennifer have a  lovely smile?    I really like the look of her ends right now, nice and neat/blunt. I am aiming for a blunt ended look when my hair is long too.

Anais, I think it's great that you have not had to do any drastic cuts in all that time. Well done!   I  hope I can go for a couple of years without trimming (well, at least for the next 12 months). How much does your hair grow in one month? Based on your answer, I could visualise my hair in 12 months I think (it grows 3/4 inch per month).

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 4:05pm

Awwwww thank you Ladyfrog, Tdouty, and Sugaree  

Sugaree, you made my day! My hair can be described as extremely tapered. I had fringe, but because I've cut a total of 2 cm maximum since mid-2003, the rest of it has "fuzzed": everything grew in and shedded at different rates, so I just have a big gradient of random hair. The shortest natural layers are about eyeball length, ranging all the way down to hip length. It almost looks like I've never cut it. I still search and snip for individual split ends though.

Hugs and faery blessings
Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 2:59pm
Anais,

I think you have the most lovely hair I've ever seen. It's gorgeous! Your
pics are definatly inspirational. By the look of your hair progress photos it
seems to grow very fast! Is your hair all one length? I just cut my hair to
my shoulders in October and I'm aiming for waist length (for now). I cut it
to get rid of the layers because I think it will look better long at one
length. Do you have any fringe?

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 8:42am
Anais, I don't know if I've ever seen anyone's hair grow faster than your's does.  That is sure some incredible progress indeed!  Fabulous hair!  We decided to include some progress pictures of Jennifer in this thread as well. 

This picture was taken in January of 2004, shortly after Jennifer and I first met:  

June of the same year ... 5 months had past: 

September of the same year:

This picture was taken almost exactly one year ago.  At this point, I was considering Jennifer's hair to be "long", but she didn't.

Then in March of 2005, we took this picture.  Her hair looks uneven at the bottom, but I think it's just the way she had it pulled back this particular day:

I took this picture of her while on vacation at Assateaque Island this past summer:

Then, in September I took this picture and Jennifer made the remark to me around this time that she thought her hair was beginning to look "long".

Because of split ends from not having a trim for a very long time, we decided to trim the longest growth from the middle of her hair.  I hated to do it, but we agreed it was best for her hair.  Now, her hair looks much neater and it's ready for a year of growth in 2006.   I can't wait to see her hair at her waist.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:46am
letmecount123, I have had long hair my entire life. In the past, I did not consciously grow it or maintain one length, I just chopped off 4 or 5 inches every year and it always stayed around elbow length. It's only the  past year maybe I realised my hair was long and decided to grow it. I hope this has answered your question

I agree Anais, lovely pics

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 6:14pm
Great progress photos, Anais! I don't think I've seen some of them before. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:47pm
Thank you Vicky and Missrini
my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 5:40pm
Anais.....FABULOUS!!! I love your hair (have always had a "thing" for black hair).  I wonder what your terminal length will be?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 4:46pm

Awww, thanks everyone.  You're all so sweet.

I don't think I was ever consciously taking progress pictures... I just had the occasional day where I was fascinated by how long my hair looked and took a few pictures.

And I really wouldn't say I have healthy hair.  Or any great product tips.

I've been using satin pillowcases for probably two years though.  Sometimes if my hair is looking relatively nice or I have it braided, I tie a silk pajama top on my head when I sleep.  It keeps my hair in semi-decent shape when I put pseudo-micros in every summer.

My hair isn't exactly straight either.  Most of those pics are following a blow dry straight.  Air-drying produces a poofy fuzzy mess that I haven't learned to deal with. 

LadyFrog, how long have you had your hair that long if you can't remember it short?  Do you keep it a similar length consistantly?  I personally couldn't see myself being able to manage with hair any longer than your own.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic