Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:04pm
Long hair fetishists can always put things in perspective. I always thought
terrible tragedies were when babies died, not when a woman cuts her hair. I
stand corrected.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 11:39am

I just found this on another site:

"Th latest on Ann Curry; AMAZING cascade of nearly waist-length curls! The bad news; she is rumored to be planning a chop on March 1st on the air to donate her hair to our old nemesis, LOL. Pic courtesy of the Yahoo! club anncurryfanclub....."

A response read:

"Too bad that is only a few days away. Sad It's a terrible tragedy when a woman cuts her incredible hair. "

For those wondering, yes, it was a long hair forum, but the photos may be the best I've seen yet.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 6:42am
Well that I was thinking waiting on another one from lets say MSNBC to do it? I can think of two that they might be thinking about.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:50am

Considering they have to wait a year or two for hair to grow, I wouldn't count on it being a regular, recurring thing.  They're just taking ratings advantage of something Ann was gonna do, anyway. 

Which isn't to say they wouldn't take ratings advantage again if another anchor decided to do the same thing down the road, just that I don't think they'll be planning to make it an annual event.

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

So lets say they get huge numbers for this. Do they do it again down the road? With another news person?

More awesome than a manatee!
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 12:14am
It's going to happen. let;s just make the best of it. hope she doesn't go real short.. Ann is always a vry beautiful woman and mother.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:25pm
I was just useing it as an example. The rubber necking effect. Heck I'm one that dose take a look but won't stop like others have.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 12:17pm
Not to speak for Mike, but sometimes a car crash is unavoidable and you can't do anything about it. Thus, the comparison to Ann Curry's impending haircut. It's going to happen no matter how opposed some of us are to it.
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:46am
Lol you are comparing a haircut to a car crash? Unless there is some scissor accident which renders the victim dead or disabled, I tend not to place the two events in the same category.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:00am
Of course. Shows do makeover episodes all the time because people enjoy
watching them.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:41am
Now lets just say this little stunt works very well. Like a car crash. You know what's going to happen but you want to watch anyway. So lets say they get huge numbers for this. Do they do it again down the road? With another news person? We are talking about numbers for NBC. I could see this being done again.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 11:41pm
When you're established on a network news program, they don't tell you how
to cut your hair or to grow it. They just don't want you to do something
weird. No one is telling Ann how she can cut it, just when. As for Katie, she's
probably leaving "Today" and NBC in May when her contract is up. The
producers have bigger things to worry about with her than her hair.
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:45pm
I like hair and all, but I would be pretty creeped out if I were getting emails begging me not to cut it. I guess that is why I'm not on tv

It's hair guys. I'm not a loser if I like mine short, or grow it long. I'm not wearing it short to "conform" to what a grown woman should look out and I'm not growing it out because I think long hair is the only way to look feminine. I had cancer when I was a teenager, and oddly, the worst thing I could imagine was losing my hair. But, hey, if I'm alive, let it all fall out!

The only input I consider when deciding on a hairstyle and length comes from my husband--if it were some random guy I would definately be skeeved out!
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:35am
       I have a bad feeling also that she will probably go back to ultra short.   If she would keep it at shoulder-length, then that wouldn't be too bad.    One thing though,  If Ann goes back to really short hair, Katie then might grow hers back out some again like she did before.  I would doubt if the producers would want them both back to short hair.  Boooring     Lets hope not.  
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 6:55am
Why do I have a feeling we might see more going. ALso I hope they show off her bangs I would like to know if they are one lenght or not.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:23pm
A lot of fans will miss those long locks. Hopefully she'll give up just the 10 inches she has too.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:59am
Hey you are not the only one.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:57am

Cherish days like this. Ann looked spectacular. You're dreaming, lhairfan31, if you think she's going to back out. Alas, Ann made a commitment to this moons ago and the promotion by NBC makes it impossible, even if she did like her hair long. Not that I'm looking forward to it...

lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:22am
    Ann back to wearing her hair down this morning.  Geez, time is running out and they won't give Ann any segments until looks like next week.  You would think their would be some interview they could throw in between all the hours of Olympic coverage.    My prediction,  Ann backs out and doesn't go through with it.    lol   My wish anyways. 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 5:00pm
Okay, I understand what you're saying Rod.

Do they look similar?  Perhaps.  Can I tell them apart?  Easily.  Even if their hair was even more alike ("identical" even).  I'm certainly not meaning to boast or make you feel badly (definitely not!).  I once read a message on a different board from a person who said that the are basically face-blind and use hair to differentiate between people they know.  I had never even considered the existence of such an affliction.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:41pm
I meant the generic you. Natalie and Campbell look a little bit alike. I don't
watch "Today" enough to see them regularly, and they aren't always on it.
When one is on the show I'm not sure who it is until they say. I don't think I
implied everyone in the world needed to have a unique hairstyle. When two
people have the same job (fill-in host) on the same show, it would be easier
to tell who's who if they look different. I don't think either should change
(cut/grow/color) their hair for me personally, but it would make it easier to
tell them apart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic