Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 9:12pm
I don't know if LoL deserves any of the rumor or innuendo. As JF says,
people take what they read on Give.org, a private organization, and
extrapolate it. It's possible that these suppositions are true, but there's no
evidence. While I don't think LoL needs to update the info on Give.org, I
agree that it would be journalistically responsible for "Today" to interview
the organization and ask questions. Include questions on these
suppositions. The biggest question is whether they need all the ponytails.

What's awful is that people accuse them of financial improprieties, fraud,
embezzlement, and not helping kids. They may not need all the ponytails,
but there's no evidence to support any of these claims.
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:31am
     Ann was back to wearing it down today.  Noticed in the 10mins coverage she gets in 3hrs.      
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 12:48pm
I missed it. I haven't been watching because they haven't been showing her. I think they are going to give her alot of air time March 1. So why not just give the others more. But we will see.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 5:31pm
 Well  it will be great if Ann doesn't get much air time March 1st because she decided against donating her hair.    I`m still sending my e-mails to them.  Letting them know how I feel about it. 
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 6:36pm
When the person from LOL comes on the Today Show he must warn the women that their hair might not actually be used, and then ask them if they still want to through with it. If Ann and the women knew that, they might just back out. It would be interesting to see.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 9:16pm
LoL says on their website that not all hair goes to a wig for alopecia
sufferers. Thay aren't untruthful. I don't know how many women don't know
this or would back out if they did. A charity needs cash to operate. If I
donate something to a charity, I assume they sell it to operate. Did you know
that a charity only has to give out 5% of what they take in each year to be
within Federal charitible guidelines?

If Ann doesn't know LoL might not use her hair and she found out, she
would cut it anyway. She hates her hair long. It's going regardless. In fact all
you LoL haters should thank LoL. If Ann didn't want to donate she wouldn't
have grown her hair out in the first place. Due to LoL, you got a few years of
Ann with long hair.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 10:53pm
Rod that is a well made point. It did give us a few years of Ann with llong hair especially as long as it is. Remember she and daughter did it together because her asked her too. Do wish folks would remember that. I do prefer it long like it is but we can only guess how short she'll cut it. hope not much above shoulders. Whats anybody else's  guess of how it will be cut?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 12:16am
I'd guess she'd go very short. She had it very short for a number of years, so
she must have liked it.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:21am
I bet as short as the old pics of her.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:48am
While they're at it, they should do something, anything, to either Campbell
Brown or Natalie Morales. Not only have both had pretty much the same
shoulder length brown hair forever, but they have almost the same cut. They
are on the same show and I can't tell them apart! Even a small color change
would be welcome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:05am
    Yeah thats what scares me about Ann,  that she will go back to that dreaded pixie.     If she does cut it, lets hope for atleast shoulder length anyways and join Natalie and Campbell.   lol     Natalie looks nice anyways!   
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:37pm

Yesterday, I e-mailed the Today Show and thanked Ann for wearing her hair down. Today, her hair was up, which made me think about how she could look with really short hair. I wasn't impressed.

http://www.gogomag.com/talkingheads/caps/tvh/2006_02_16_01.h tm

I'm starting to move on anyway. Carol Costello of CNN has been looking spectacular. And she's that way consistently. Great hair = great ratings in my book.

http://www.gogomag.com/talkingheads/caps/tvh/2006_02_16_02.h tm

And later in the day, there's Juliet Huddy over at Fox.

Edited by Kramer
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 8:52pm
Great looking ladies but they'll never go as long as Ann Is now. We could hope but I don't think so. Rudi could go as long as Ann and look fantastic. Let's enjoy Ann, period.!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 11:48pm
If I were Ann. . . or any of the other celebs who get the daily obsessive mail from the LHFers. . . I would be very creeped out O_o !  Maybe some of you should stop and think how you come off before you write those things, especially with all the recent stories of celebrity stalkers.
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 8:07am
 Kuroneko,  just as you show your support for short hair on everyone, we show our support for long hair.  Writing Ann e-mails and letting her know we would wish she would keep her hair long doesn't make us stalkers. 
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 10:44am

You know, this long thread has convinced me of one thing.

Long hair lovers and short hair lovers can both be obsessive/compulsive.  I hear stories of guys who obsess over short hair and tell women they are selfish and should donate their hair to LOL (I am not accusing ANYONE of that here), and I hear stories of long hair fans who slam LOL.  It is very confusing.

Please correct me if I'm wrong Kramer, but it appears that you are basing your happiness on whether or not Ann cuts her hair.  As much as I like short hair, I don't base my happiness on how anyone, including my wife, wears her hair.  The bottom line for me is that if a woman wants to cut, or grow her hair, it is HER decision.  No one else's.

Just MHO

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 12:10pm

Jared, there is NO WAY that the women will be warned that their hair may be sold or warehoused before the mass shearing. If people want to donate after knowing that LoL has received about a million donations, and has made a scant 1200 wigs, that's fine with me. But they won't.

It's not Ann whom I feel badly for at this point; it's the others. Actually, I had quite a high opinion of Ann before this. Since I'm certain she knows of the questions about LoL now, I believe that it's disgraceful for her to continue soliciting others, many of whom undoubtedly consider their hair a treasure.

On another point, I don't think that Ann should feel obligated to cut her beautiful hair. It's a shame that her daughter's hair is already gone, but there is no sense in both of them being conned. The deal was based upon the sound ethics of the "charity".

Last point: Ann should not feel "stalked". People are giving her fodder for thought. On simply an aesthetic level, one day of high ratings will not make up for the (mostly male, admittedly) viewers who may permanently tune out after the deed is done, (when Ann again looks like every other news talking head). Best, Bob

Edited by Bob S
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 3:01pm

Bob,

Ever think that some people might tune in after Ann cuts her hair?

I would venture to say that there are people out there who think the personalities delivering the news should look serious, and long hair is not serious.  I do not think there will be a significant change in the Today Show's ratings because of the haircut.  However, time will tell.

Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong Kramer, but it appears that you are basing your happiness on whether or not Ann cuts her hair.  As much as I like short hair, I don't base my happiness on how anyone, including my wife, wears her hair.  The bottom line for me is that if a woman wants to cut, or grow her hair, it is HER decision.  No one else's.

That's an interesting perception. While I don't base my happiness on whether Ann cuts her hair, it will certainly influence my viewing decisions, as I've stated. Watching Ann with short hair will no doubt make me pine for the days Ann had long hair. I feel the same way when I see Alanis Morisette. I'd no doubt feel the same if Crystal Gayle or Anna Kournikova went short. It's just one of those things. It's not just about long hair, though. When Carol Costello grew out her bangs, I longed for the days when she had bangs. (She's got bangs again!) Today, I cringed when it appeared the news woman on the morning show on Univision put some gawdy colors into her just-below-the-shoulders dark hair. It wasn't an improvement. I watch a lot of news. So when Daryn Kagan cuts her attractive shoulder-length hair, I probably won't like it as much. If Heidi Collins, my favorite shorthaired anchorette, changed her style or color to something less flattering, I'd notice that as well. When Jennifer Aniston had her hair cut to show long side-swept bangs, I found that unnecessary. She would have looked better with regular bangs. So it's not all about the length. As a woman I work with said, I'm a "hair guy." Hair is the first thing I notice about a woman and I don't keep it a secret. That's what drew me to this site. That's why, as Gord and my current monicre, I participate in so much of the discussion. I've seen some women with long hair and short hair and I generally prefer it long. Holly Hunter is a great example. I think she looks much better with long hair. Others will disagree. (When Alanis cut her hair, I once doubted whether I would visit the site any more since I was so bummed out.) Ann Curry's change will probably affect me more than some of the others because I watch The Today Show every day. In all probability, I'll be real touchy about it and I'll switch channels or pay more attention to Katie Couric like I did before when Ann had short hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 7:15pm
  We can only hope and pray that the e-mails, compliments will be enough to cause Ann to double think her idea of chopping her hair off and not go through with it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic