Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric and Ann Curry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
DesertDavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 1:11pm

WHAT A SHAME if Ann Cuts her gorgeous hair!!! It is the only thing that makes the otherwise boring Today Show worth watching.

"Locks of Love" is a FRAUD!! The hair that Ann will supposedly cut will be sold to a wigmaker and the proceeds go to LOL. Supposedly, LOL uses the money to buy wigs for children who need them. They service about 100 children a year, but they obtain hair from thousands of misled and unfortunate women. They don't actually use the hair they obtain to make a wig for a child with cancer. If NBC wanted to be journalistically responsible, it can investigate this organization and unearth the facts rather than provide it free publicity. I intend to write the producers of the show and tell them that.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:53pm

DesertDavid, I don't know if you are aware, but we go through the "Locks of Love is a fraud" argument about 3 or 4 times a year.  Let's not rehash that.  If she would not be donating her hair to LOL, I believe she would have cut her hair a long time ago.  She has made it very plain that she does not like long hair.

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 10:41pm

I'll be amongst those cheering and waving little flags when it's gone, that's for sure!  As for polls to decide the style, I would like to be in one, but I also have to think if there were one, I'd be out-voted by all the rabid LHFs, and never be heard :-P .  Bleh.  Maybe better if she decides for herself rather than catering to the whims of others.

Edited by Kuroneko
More awesome than a manatee!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 9:28am
Fear Factor chair would work just change it up a bit more. we know what 10 has to be cut so why not just add inches. LOL. Look I like it long but she is going to cut it why not have some fun. There is nothing anyone can do about it so joke and have some fun.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 9:54am
Since the "Today" producers want to do the cut on the air, I can understand
why they're waiting until March 1. With Olympic programming coming up,
they likely want to focus on that for the next few weeks. Ann might be on
assignment during the Olympics. If so, I hope she likes the water (for
shampooing) in Torino.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 7:13am
Well in today's show Matt was talking to Kate.C. Telling her that him and AL were going to join her there in Torino. She was in Rome.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:16pm
     Well the way I see it, if you like Ann's hair so much and want her to keep it and try and persuade her from cutting it, do like I and some friends of mine have done.    Write to the NBC e-mail address.  Let her know how much  you appreciate her Gorgeous long flowing hair.  You just never know what positive responses can do.  You have about 23 days to persuade her not too.  Send those e-mails by the thousands. They will get to Ann if you put Ann's hair in the topic.   Lets let our voices be heard!   
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 6:57am
I'm not one to rain on anyone but I think as she said she don't like it long. So no matter what we say unless the suits of NBC want to do like FOX did with it's shows no hair cutting allow. I also think that is wrong also.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 8:43am
      Thats true, but just want to let her know that not everyone is for this big cut.  The more we e-mail telling how much we Love her hair long, maybe it will help in being less shorter style if she goes through with it.   I`m making a Ann Curry tape showcasing her long hair and will treasure it.   L.O.L. go easy on Ann's hair if you don't change your mind.    
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 9:02am
[QUOTE=lhairfan31]      Well the way I see it, if you like Ann's hair so much
and want her to keep it and try and persuade her from cutting it, do like I
and some friends of mine have done.    Write to the NBC e-mail address.  Let
her know how much  you appreciate her Gorgeous long flowing hair.  You
just never know what positive responses can do.  You have about 23 days to
persuade her not too.  Send those e-mails by the thousands. They will get to
Ann if you put Ann's hair in the topic.   Lets let our voices be heard!   [/
QUOTE]

'Cause she won't find that creepy at all.

You're right. She shouldn't do what makes her happy, but what makes you
happy.

Edited by Rod
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 9:37am
Actually, I'll be glad when March 1 comes and goes--I'm tired of the subject.
94harley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94harley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 12:07pm
Remember she grew hair out with daughter because she mom too so  it will be cut to keep her promise to her daughter. Just a matter of how will be cut. Ann looks great short or long. hope shoulders but no shorter than chin , but could all gone short above ears loike some would like to see. her and the producers chopice unless they ask our  opinion of what style she should get
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 12:56pm
The only thing I have seen dealing with this from NBC they are looking for more hair to be cut with her. I have to word this right just in case this also brings out more debate about LOL. And that we have beat on and will still do it for a long time. Untill they go under or we run out of strong Anti-LOL. I'm one but not as bad as others. (For me cost can be high if you don't do something the right way.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 5:29pm
     Sounds like its going to be a big bash type of event on March 1st.   Kind of wonder why her daughter didn't wait and have hers done the same day as Ann's.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 9:13am
        Well out of the 3hrs,  Ann had a grand total of about 5mins because of the Olympics coverage.  That just being doing the news.   Her next actual segment might not be until March 1st.  :( 
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 12:48pm
There is still Dateline. I know she hosts that show also.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:22pm
        True.....Maybe next week she will get some more camera time.  I`m sure on Valentine's Day she will be doing some sort of segment. 
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:40pm

Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:41pm
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic