Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matrix socolor instructions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chablis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chablis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matrix socolor instructions
    Posted: December 10 2005 at 11:40am
My neighbor (hairstylist) gave me a tube of socolor and a bottle of 10V solite. She was going to color my hair, but is gone for a few weeks. I need my hair done now. does someone have the instructions for this product? I know it is for professionals only, but I would like to give it a try. Thank you
peryn
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 11:55am

http://www.matrix.com/salon_pro/products/logics_color/Logics _Creativity_Book.PDF

I'm not sure what product you have, but I think you will find the information that you need at this link...

FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 12:11pm

I was just looking at the colors for this brand and I noticed they have two shades of ash, one that's more blue and one that's more violet.  I always figured I needed more blue to control the orange, but wasn't sure of it, am not sure of it.  Do you guys think that might be my problem?  I need a mostly blue based ash color?  Ooooh, can this be a solution to my problem?  I'm starting to get excited here...hahaha.

Also, I used a 20 volume oxidizer, because it's supposed to lift two colors.  But then I saw in the box of the dye that a 20 volume oxidizer lifts 1 shade, I'm confused.  Which one is it?

Edited by FunnyGirl
¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 1:57pm

What is your virgin hair color?  Sometimes what we are seeing isn't actually ORANGE at all but RED.  In that case you'll need to look into using a GREEN based dye.  Green counters red.  If you have a problem with brassy colors you might consider looking into these two Miss Clairol green based dyes--moongold and moonhaze.  Moonhaze is the drabbest color of green they make, it's dark blonde (should knock out any and all warmth).  Moongold is a bit warmer, but makes a nice base color especially for tone on tone hair. 

20 vol is best when trying to cover grey.  I'm not sure it actually lifts two levels at all.  The levels of lift you can achieve with a peroxide really depends on the virgin hair color and type (thickness, etc.) of hair.  I think with most people's hair 20 vol. just deposits color nicely with a slight amount of lift. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Rebekah
chablis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chablis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2005 at 7:04pm
Rebekah, thank you-but the link is for the "Logics" product line. I am interested in the "Socolor" line of Matrix.
peryn
FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 9:09am

I think that might be the problem, I need a green based dye.  My natural hair color is a brown, or medium brown (a number 4) with a reddish reflection.  The problem is everytime I lift a couple of shades from my hair, it turns into an orangey red.  Right now my hair seems more orange than red, but it does have a slight red to it.  I don't have any gray hair so that's not a problem yet.  I'm definetely going to look into the dyes you suggested.  What if maybe I added blue and yellow intensifiers together and add to the dye?  Do you think that would work too?  I want my hair to be a 5, but I put a 6 because I thought I wouldn't get much result, but I guess I ended up getting too much lift.  I guess it's better though, at least it's a lot easier to make my hair darker than lighter.  I have a number 5 tube that I bought a while ago and I'm going to try a strand test with that to see how it turns out.  Otherwise, I'll try a 5.1 with the blue and yellow intensifiers, because they don't have Miss Clairol here, and I'll only be in the U.S. in a month and I really hate my orangey hair, otherwise I'd wait...hahaha.

You really helped me out, thanks.  I'll let you know what happens to my hair.

¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic