Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Hair Shop runs a bad business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:32pm
  Let's please let this go to the "thread graveyard" and move on.....
Hairprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:10pm
Monsterita - ME TOO!!!! Please tell me this is true, I would hate to think that they dont actually like eachother!! See this is what happens when people start comments about others just to get back at them. I hate how tjoh99 had to put a stupid comment in there to make people turn on eachother. It had nothing to do with her hair order or anything...it was so not called for.
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:09pm
I'm happy this was all just solved.

It's good that this once Kristin returned the money. But, also, I don't agree
with how Kristin handled the situation (but we all chalked that up to a
miscommunication) I know sometimes when I type stuff to people I sound
mean or bitter, when I don't mean to.

And tjoh99, in my opinion, was right for coming here and telling her case,
and brave. That's what we all do, talk about the good and bad on here, so
we all can be informed.

So atleast we are all clear now on Kristin's policies on returning hair!

Now I just hope everyone can breathe and we can go back to a happy
board without hostility!
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:53pm
Honestly, I had this vision of Amm, Kristen, and Tangles doing lunch at some in LA cafe sitting among the celebrities at the good hair table.
Hairprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:48pm

I dont understand what Amm meant by her first comment. Please explain.

As for this whole little mis understanding. I dont think going on a board and posting horrible names about someone when it was both sides partial fault is right. I try to think of the shoes of the seller as well. Kristin is probably very busy and if someone wants to be a nice person and make life easy and not run into problems, be as clear and co-operative as possible. I dont think she can read minds and obviously she cant read every email sent when its sent....no one will have their hair...hello!!! lol!

I havent bought any hair yet but so far I have not heard one thing bad said about Kristin and just because there was one little mis understanding and it was blown out of poportion I dont think she should be slammed for this. There is always two sides to every story...everyone knows that. And I know her policy does not state "NO REFUNDS" but its pretty clear and mostly common sense that is says exchanged. I'm glad that it will be changed for those petty people out there that liketo find any little loop hole to get out of their own mistake though.

I just want to say that I hope everyone doesnt think differently about someone just because of anothers opinion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:46pm

Is there a full moon outside?

I'll put a pancake and a waffle on my cat if it will help.  :-)

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:13pm
He also wears waffles:

I love Oolong, too.
His message is simple:
"Chill."

Edited by Syren123
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:11pm
I love Oolong. I love what he stands for. I love pancakes.

He soothes me.

But not this time, I'm afraid.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 5:08pm
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:57pm
What does that mean?
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by CaliforniaKristin CaliforniaKristin wrote:

I NEVER have slammed Shrinkies.net and there's no way I ever could have- I have not tried any of her products.

You don't really want to go there with me now, do you?
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:12pm
Monsterita, you are an outstanding mediator!
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by CaliforniaKristin CaliforniaKristin wrote:

You do bring up a great point and although Tjoh99 never mentioned that my policy was unclear or anything to that effect I would have refunded her immediately if she would have brough that to my attention. You're right that my site does say you may exchange any unused/unopened products but it does not clearly say 'no refunds' which I will add. Although I believe that Tjou99 understood exactly what was meant by the policy due to the fact that it was not the basis of her claim it is enough for me to now be inclined to refund her on that basis.

Let it be known that I will update my policy with a blunt 'no refunds- exchange only' information and please know that I will ALWAYS stand by my policy no matter what.

Tjoh99 you will recieve your $200 back shortly- you should give a huge thanks to lilmountaingirl who brought up some good information on that my policy could have been written clearer. I thank you too lilmountaingirl as I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

~Kristin

Kristen,

I posted what the terms on your website said, because it didnt say anything about returns, much less anything about returns even being allowed. You did mention exchanges on unopened/unused packages, though.... which led me to feel that if I was the one doing the ordering from your site I would have assumed returns were'nt offered, but in some instances exchanges would be honored- if the criteria you mentioned were met.  I hope this makes sense.... 

From all my experience buying hair extension supplies, I have never bought any hair that was returnable, or even exchangable. Maybe that's why I automatically thought from reading your site's terms that returns were out of the question.

sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:59pm
Kristin, that's great and good for you to re-state that you stand behind your policies.  Customers must also educate themselves and ask questions if they are unclear of site policies.  I am glad that you will update your site to protect yourself.  Please be sure to seek legal advice on your final policies.  We want you to stay in business!
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:55pm
Thanks monsterita, you have some wonderful advice. I watch court TV all the time and I'm sure my policy was clear enough to have upheld in court but it could have been even clearer as mentioned above by lilmountaingilr so I used that as the basis to refund her for the hair. The rest of her claims are ridiculous so she won't get anymore than the cost of the hair. She had other items that she kept which is why she did not recieve a full refund incase anyone is wondering.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:46pm

Transaction Details

< id=myAllTextSubmitID = name="">

Refund (ID #9XM72420LB411133E)
In reference to:71589191LU242570D

Original Transaction
 Date  Type  Status  Details  Gross  Fee  Net
 Jan. 18, 2006  Payment From Trina O'Rourke  Partially Refunded  Details $237.30 USD  -$7.18 USD  $230.12 USD 

Related Transactions
 Date  Type  Status  Details  Gross  Fee  Net
 Feb. 1, 2006  Temporary Hold For Buyer Dispute  Removed  Details -$231.33 USD  $1.21 USD  -$230.12 USD 
 Feb. 3, 2006  Update From Reversal  Cancelled  Details $230.12 USD  $0.00 USD  $230.12 USD 
 Feb. 3, 2006  Refund To Trina O'Rourke  Completed  ... -$205.95 USD  $5.97 USD  -$199.98 USD 

Name:
Trina O'Rourke    
Email:
tjoh_99@yahoo.com

Total Amount:
-$205.95 USD
Fee Amount:
$5.97 USD
Net Amount:
-$199.98 USD

Date:
Feb. 3, 2006
Time:
13:46:05 PST
Completed 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:45pm

I think this is a bad situation that arose just out of miscommunication.  It's too bad.  I can see both sides.

I don't think Paypal consistently places that comment box on it's order checkout form.  Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.  It might be a browser issue.  I don't know.

As a mediator and lawyer, I think that probably Kristen's site is clear enough regarding their return policy.  I also don't think a court would award the cost of the replacement hair (tjoh99 needed hair, got hair, and actually spent less elsewhere) or the courier (that was an expense that tjoh99 chose to incur and would have incurred even if the exchange had been successfully completed at that point).  I think the shipping charges are also a stretch.  Given Kristen's policy as it is stated, the court would probably side with Kristen.  For emotional distress to fly, there would have to be proven intent to cause distress that resulted in a real injury along the lines of creating a need for mental health counseling.

I would recommend that Kristen clarify her policy regarding whether or not she will refund shipping charges and whether she will reimburse shipping for returned items.  Most mail-order companies do that.

Finally, the mediator in me would suggest that Kristen, just this once, offer to refund the $200 for hair and the $9.99 for shipping.  Kristen will be out $9.99 but will have the hair.

For tjoh99, I would recommend that you incur the $150 hair cost and the $75 courier cost as well as the $4.25 return shipping cost.  Tjoh99 will actually then only be out $29.25 total.   

I know this situation sucks for both of you and that you're both angry and frustrated, but I hope that you will both take a step to resolve this amicably. 

I would hate to see ongoing feuds ruin the supportive atmosphere of this board.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:42pm

You do bring up a great point and although Tjoh99 never mentioned that my policy was unclear or anything to that effect I would have refunded her immediately if she would have brough that to my attention. You're right that my site does say you may exchange any unused/unopened products but it does not clearly say 'no refunds' which I will add. Although I believe that Tjou99 understood exactly what was meant by the policy due to the fact that it was not the basis of her claim it is enough for me to now be inclined to refund her on that basis.

Let it be known that I will update my policy with a blunt 'no refunds- exchange only' information and please know that I will ALWAYS stand by my policy no matter what.

Tjoh99 you will recieve your $200 back shortly- you should give a huge thanks to lilmountaingirl who brought up some good information on that my policy could have been written clearer. I thank you too lilmountaingirl as I probably wouldn't have noticed either.

~Kristin

lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:24pm

I know I couldnt find the words "no returns" on the yourhairshop website, but I thought I'd post what I found anyways.... it goes to show what is AND what isn't stated on the site.

What I'm wondering is this:  was the packages of hair opened? If they were once the buyer recieved them, then yourhairshop's terms might apply. This is what Kristen says on her site:  "-All unused/unopened items may be exchanged with the exception of clip-in hair pieces for health reasons"

Edited by lilmountaingrrl
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 3:12pm

Sarytyr I couldn't have said it better myself!

:)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic