FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFusion Extensionist /Hair Care Stylist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:30pm
Valencia, see my previous posts.  Please share specifics about your techniques of installation, maintenance and removals...
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:29pm

Valencia...I have posted here a *few* times and I dont think anyone here would call me angry! And I may not be a professional, but I do feel Im qualified to do my own hair, and give advice on some of the methods that Ive used and gotten very skilled at over the years. I make my share of mistakes and I share those too as well as the things that Ive had success with.  I would much rather post that I use x-10  keratin sticks than talk about fusion and have an unqualified person run out and buy craft glue sticks to use in there hair because nobody would tell them what kind to use!

Anyone who reads these boards is obviously looking for information or to learn....so what makes it harmful to share legit information....thats better than no information or misleading information.

So called imposters who leave the messes for others to clean up probably arent reading these boards and learning the methods. The ones who actually want to learn and benefit are the ones that are seeking the boards like this...so why not ARM them with the information?

hairbyvalencia View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Aphrodite Aphrodite wrote:

Originally posted by hairbyvalencia hairbyvalencia wrote:

I am so full of information and knowledge when it comes to the procedure, maintanance and removal,...

Valencia

Great!  I would love to hear some specifics about your techniques with regard to all of the above. 

I personally use Extendmagic fusion as well as shrinkies.  I also use fusion chips as well as fusion sticks (keratin).  I really like the ones from Yourhairshop.com... I welcome any questions about my thoughts on any of these methods, or my suppliers. 

Also, what is it specifically about the "wax" tips that rip the hair out?  In my opinion, it is more of a patience thing with removals.  I have been able to get all of the substances out, some just take a little more time...

Polywax tends to ripp at the hair during the removal process, It also tends to get gummy almost like the glue bond used to apply tracks....and you can't use oil.

I like to use a bond that is quick and easy to remove with no damage to the hair.

Valencia

Edited by hairbyvalencia
hairbyvalencia.com
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:22pm

What do you want to know? I have yet to get a question just attacks.

Valencia

Edited by hairbyvalencia
hairbyvalencia.com
Aeone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:20pm

I am here to share my theory and knowledge and if you don't want it so be it

Well then, Get to SHARING!  

lol

I'm seeing a lot of talk, but nothing actually informative :P  Don't let this thread turn into a waste of time for us curious folks :P

Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:19pm

Originally posted by Amanda8Beechwoo Amanda8Beechwoo wrote:

Just wanted to state that I have used shrinkies in Afro hair and she wore these for 3 1/2 months with total success and used her normal oils just not around the roots.

That is great to know, I havent' had that success, maybe because I only tried it one time on myself. Maybe I will try it again....

Valencia 

hairbyvalencia.com
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:17pm
Valencia, with all due respect, I have yet to see you "share your theory and knowledge"!!!!  Share something then !!!!!!!!
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:08pm

Tell that to a person who has had their hair ripped out....I don't need to build a clientele from this board my business is just fine. How do you know who has read this board? (not everyone post) Let's just say I posted those comments just in case, this is the World Wide Web you know....If you are doing what you are supposed to do why worry about me informing those who don't? I deal with newbies and stylist from across the country on a regular basis and they want to learn, that includes the good with the bad, there are more constructive questions to be answered and I have done just that....I refuse to stick my head in the sand and ignore the fact that clients and stylist are being misled everyday and yes I will continue to make it known. (fusion is not a hobby for me). The reason I used those adjectives is because I call it like I see it, only an imposter gives false information or work on clients knowing they are not qualified and when a problem occur, they leave their mess for others to clean....I see it everyday and I am tired of it. I am here to share my theory and knowledge and if you don't want it so be it, just look past your anger and try to understand my point and if you can't that is unfortunate.

Valencia   

hairbyvalencia.com
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 5:02pm

I am so full of information and knowledge when it comes to the procedure, maintanance and removal,...

Valencia

Great!  I would love to hear some specifics about your techniques with regard to all of the above. 

I personally use Extendmagic fusion as well as shrinkies.  I also use fusion chips as well as fusion sticks (keratin).  I really like the ones from Yourhairshop.com... I welcome any questions about my thoughts on any of these methods, or my suppliers. 

Also, what is it specifically about the "wax" tips that rip the hair out?  In my opinion, it is more of a patience thing with removals.  I have been able to get all of the substances out, some just take a little more time...

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 3:56pm
Just wanted to state that I have used shrinkies in Afro hair and she wore these for 3 1/2 months with total success and used her normal oils just not around the roots.
[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
neosoulsenhora View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 3:47pm
I have to say that I totally agree with Aphrodite and Sherrie 215. I joined this forum to learn from other experienced extensionist and DIYs', because honestly I am tired of spending tons of money everytime a company comes out with a so called product that is better than the ones out there, then when you order it and try it it's garbage. We as licensed and DIY need to stop with all the hush hush mess and share information. How did you learn to do hair ? Someone took the information they knew and shared it with you. There is no reason to keep what you know on the "down low" when the planet has enough heads of hair to go around for all of us. 
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 3:22pm

Valencia I understand that you started a thread and answered over 200 questions, but it was in a little different context dont ya thinK? Here we are mostly all *doing* hair extensions, none of us are potential clients.

Lets see...why should I worry about it?? Heres my thought. Being this is a board of fellow DIYers when they ask questions, I like to see them given information...thats what THIS board is about. I dont like to see the posts referring to people as unqualified and imposters and for newbies or others to feel intimidated, or inferior and not ask questions.

I personally could care less who your distributor is, and any product that you use...I can get or anyone else for that matter. Its really no big secret. But that really wasnt what I was getting at. It was that you come into a community that the majority are DIYers  and make comments about not sharing info becuase of people  who are *unqualified* and *imposters*

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 3:07pm

ok- i have to jump in here.

aphrodite- i agree with all you said.

Valencia-this is a very close knit group of gasl who are either DIYers or professional extensionist and stylist. We are all here to share info, learn and encourage one another.

my opinion on this whole thread is this-

yes you are a professional and so am i. however i never came on here as a newbie to our community touting my work and acting as if i was "it". Maybe thats not how u meant to come accross, but in your verbage, it comes across as condesending and concieted.

try hearing it from others point of view and learn from it.

there are other boards where its just that, a place to state the facts and move on, this board, however isnt. like in my first post on this thread, its our community- we welcome new folks to share info, however, try a little tact when doing so. you do have some great insights and we certainly do welcome it.

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:48pm

WOW, now this is a first, most chastise me for giving too much information.

Again I say don't take it personal, you seem to be focussed only on a few words but not why I used them and if it don't apply to you why worry about it? I am so full of information and knowledge when it comes to the procedure, maintanance and removal, my distributer information is only a fraction of my knowledge. I was able to start a thread and answer over 200 questions and not one time do I mention my distributer and yes I let the people know what is out there I feel that people should arm themselves with as much information as possible before having this service done. I don't mince words when it comes to my business because I know better, and you are right I can't stop it all but I don't have to contribute to it either. This business is growing at a rapid pace which means we all need to be vigilant.

As for my fellow stylist, if they choose to share that information, well that is their choice. I can't tell people how to run their business nor will I chatise them for it.

Valencia

Edited by hairbyvalencia
hairbyvalencia.com
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:36pm

VERY well said, Sherrie...

I have followed this thread and have yet to learn anything from it.  There have been some very long posts on this thread without any information....sort of a waste of time.  Can we not just all agree that there are good extensionists, and there are bad extensionists.  We are all here to try and become better, and not one of you have the "corner on the market" of knowledge or what is best. 

Whatever keratin-based fusion that Valencia uses is most likely the same stuff we all use, and is readily available anywhere...I'm not sure why the "big secret"...LOL!!!!!

Anyways, Valencia, welcome to our board.  I do hope you have valuable information to share as it seems you have been doing this for some time.  

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 1:56pm

You know...it was a few of your comments that offended me, not just one. Everyone else here when asked about a product or a brand, is pretty willing to share the knowledge...even the professionals. Everytime you have been asked a question its the same type of response, about the *unqualified* the  *imposters* and the general air of conceit to your posts.

So if thats how you feel why do you come to a board of mostly DIYers and *unqualified* *imposters*.

Thank you to all the PROFESSIONALS that choose to share information with us *unqualified* *impostors* to help educate us so we arent ripping out hair out!

I just feel its give and take....most of us DIYers have also learned and given you a great deal of educational information, to help better you in your business too. The people that are here are here to get knowledge, they are not *imposters*

The REAL*imposters* probably never even READ these boards, and will be out there whether YOU share information or NOT

Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

Alot of these stylist learned by watching DVD's and mimic what they see, that is so dangerous hands on training is best dvd's don't come close to proper training....

Valencia 

I am so glad to hear u say that, i feel so strongly about that as well. I too repair alot of work from unqualified people. It absolutley disgusts me the work i have seen and the horror stories i have come across.

Hands on traing no matter what method is the only way to learn and prove you are a true professional. Along with alot of practicing on models and doll heads. Glad to have you here with us Valencia!

Thank You,

I am now happy to be here. It is great to be among like minds....

Valencia

hairbyvalencia.com
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 1:20pm

I didn't mean to offend you, I am happy to share my knowledge but what does that have to do with my distributer information? Please don't take it personal, I feel the stylist can protect themselves but what about the poor clients who has no idea? You never know who read these forums and I refuse to go on record giving imposters the tools needed to destroy a clients hair. Like I said, I have done alot of corrective work and there where a few that I couldn't help because it was too late and it still breaks my heart....The best I can do is tell everyone that I use a keritin protein based fusion bond and not polywax....Polywax ripps at the hair during removal. Please don't take this the wrong way because I'm sure your heart is in the right place but there are those who perform these trials and errors on clients, I got the pictures to prove it for public view and I find that unacceptable. I hope you understand but this is what make a professional tough but smart calls.

Valencia

Edited by hairbyvalencia
hairbyvalencia.com
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 12:50pm

Quote I'm sure you noticed I don't name the products I use, that is because I don't want to encourage non-qualified people to attempt this process at home and I refuse to supply the tools.  

Ok...maybe Im off base here...and maybe I shouldnt feel offended. But I have to state my opinion.

This is PRIMARILY a DIY forum here, and we come here to share our research and help each other out. I have been a DIYer for many years and willingly share my research, my experiments, my trials and errors and my successes, for others to benefit from.

I respect all of the professionials here for their education and experience. But those kind of comments in this public forum, seem rather offensive to me.

So you come here and learn from our information and thats fine too....but please share a little in return and keep some of those comments to yourself, remember this is a forum that is mostly DIYers who WILLINGLY share there info and findings. What would be the point of this forum if nobody wanted to share the information...and why would anybody even be here!

Edited by sherrie215
Banned
Banned

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by metalgirl metalgirl wrote:

Thanks for the info.  That's why I never got into fusion, it sheds too darn much, and that's unacceptable to me.

I use primarily www.markbarrington.com shrink links.  The  patented perma plugs never shed at all, doesn't melt under heat so it stays in tact to use over and over again.

Also I've been using a lot of silicone inserted microrings and I am loving those as well.

I certainly am ambitious, but as for being young....does 35 count as young?  I've been in the hair business for 15 years, primarily doing extensions and color.

Shrink Links are great for caucasian hair but not African American hair. We need oil and moisture and the Shrink Links can't handle most oils, they slip within 2-3 days after application. I had to find a product comparable to both hair types because I service both. I'm sure you noticed I don't name the products I use, that is because I don't want to encourage non-qualified people to attempt this process at home and I refuse to supply the tools. I know alot of companies only sell to certified stylist (but there is always e-bay) and we know alot of stylist are not qualified. I purchase the fusion bonds and pre-tipp the hair by hand, that way I can cut the the bond before application according to the client needs. I hate those one size fit all methods I like to customize. I also have a pre-treat system for the hair I use before I pre-tipp the hair so I have very little shedding.

I hope this helps, Thank You for your response

Valencia  

Edited by hairbyvalencia
hairbyvalencia.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic