Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This month’s progress pic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This month’s progress pic
    Posted: March 11 2006 at 4:49am

Hey everyone....just wanted to post a pic I took of my hair today. It's the March progress pic.

Just washed, air-dryed and no leave in (was about to henna!)

I am not noticing any growth (visually) in this pic as compared to last month and even January....but it sure is looking healthy and it feels really nice   Still hating those ends though

Anyone else have any progress pics to share for this month?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 7:45am

Hi Rini,

I think your hair looks a little longer than the Jan pic.  God I love your color!!  I wish a had a natural wave like yours too!  I know you keep telling me to henna my hair red but I am too scared that I won't like it as much as blond and it has been a long process just to get my hair back to blond. I should just go to a wig shop and try on some red wigs!

Anyway, I think you hair is looking fabulous!  I bet it will be bra strap length by this time next year.  Just don't touch the scissors!!! Even though you don't like the look of your ends it would be such a shame to cut your ends when you say that they feel really silky and are not split or damaged. I am kind of going through something similar - I want to grow out my layers so I should cut my length every month so the layers can catch up, but the length is so healthy I just don't want to do it!  If you ends are healthy then try as hard as you can to leave them alone because your hair looks great!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 9:21am
Your hair's looking great rini! I think it looks a little longer too. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 10:55am

I like your hair too Rini!

I've never tried Henna, just my twin sister has.

My hair is still growing out about 2 inches above my shoulders. If I were you Rini, I'd be soooo Happy!!;)

God Bless,...
Katie
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 12:29pm
Lookin' good, missrini! I'm glad you feel good about your hair. I think it looks a bit longer also! Keep growin'!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 10:36am

Rini, if your hair is 22" like that, it's probably actually more like 22 1/2 inches or so completely straight.

Your hair is the same length as mine. LET'S RACE!

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 11:34am

Rini, your hair is very purdy

Even if it doesn't look like it's grown much you are safe in the knowledge that we are all green with envy   And you've got healthy hair so I think you can leave the ends for a while longer if you want, because they don't look at all scraggly like they need cutting, they look delibrate. 

Lucky monkey 

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 12:35pm
Hey Rini! Your progress picture is great - gorgeous color, waves and length. It has definitely grown. I think the other parts are starting to catch up to the ends. It is great to see the progress, and your hair looks incredibly healthy. GOOD ON YA!!!
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 3:34pm
Wow that henna color packs a visual punch.  Your hair looks good.  How short are the layers in it?

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 4:05am

Thank you thank you thank you thank you   You are all so encouraging!  enfys, no one has every called my ends "deliberate" before....so thanks!!

Tyranna....my shortest layers would now be at about chin length, although it's hard to see individual layers in my hair...but occasionally they do stick out!  I also have the horrid fine shortie bits around my ears and nape which I've always had and I don't believe will ever grow :(

philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 1:59pm

Hey Rini

shortie bits do grow, they just seem to take ages!  Your ends look like mine always do, maybe it's a curly hair thing?  Mine are feeling great at the moment but I'm finding it hard to resist trimming them too.

Your hair looks gorgeous (as always!) truely bonza 

(how's her madge btw? hope you colonials are treating her well!)

Edited by philosophy girl
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:48pm
Looks great Rini!  No need for a trim if you don't want one.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 6:23pm
LOL Philosophygirl   Madge is roughing it in the colonies right now, but I'm sure the PM will take her out to a Barbie and get some good Aussie tucker into her.
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:23am
   Your hair looks just Perfect Missrini!!   Color and length are  Spectactular!   Way to go....... 
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 11:55am
ooh, is Queen Lizzie in austraaaaaaaaalia? Dammit-I should really keep up with the news!

And I really like your colour.

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 1:02pm

wish I was 'roughing' it out there!

snow, hailstones and rain alternating on an hourly basis - my poor hair doesn't know what to do with itself (apart from frizz obv.).  The snow was fun though

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 5:28pm

Ah, half your luck! I was born on totally the wrong continent. I've spent my whole life in hot, dry heat when I've really been wanting cold snow! I think I'm a Northern hemisphere girl stuck in the southern hemisphere.   Maybe one day I'll move....

Ladyfrog....she's out here for the Commonwealth Games....because she is rather "fond" of us colonists

Anyway...back on topic.....so doesn't anyone else have a progress pic to post???

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

LOL Philosophygirl   Madge is roughing it in the colonies right now, but I'm sure the PM will take her out to a Barbie and get some good Aussie tucker into her.

Shrimp?    (nah, prolly some dead cow - right?)

Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Anyway...back on topic.....so doesn't anyone else have a progress pic to post???

Um, sorry, I have "made" no visual progress.  Kinda happens when one is at terminal length.   Maybe somebody else has some progress pics to share?  I'm kinda wanting to see a pic of Anais' newly-tailbone-length hair...

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 6:19am
Your hair looks sooo healthy Rini
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 5:40pm
Sarah Jane!  Your gorgeous red hair is so thick and long - it looks really wonderful!   Great outfit BTW, too.  Thanks for sharing your latest pic.  Maybe some day we'll get to see a curly pic, too.  But I should talk, my picture isn't exactly new (though my hair doesn't look any different now than it did 6 months ago).

Edited by DaveDecker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic