Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why some salonist have bad attitudes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 11:42pm

also, i might add..because i have a mixed ethnic background..no one can really tell what nationality i am..some say puerto rican with nappy hair, panamanian, african american, creole, etc.,.i speak a bit of a few languages..so one day, i made an appt. with someone in the hispanic part of town.the advertisement said they did "all types" of hair..i made the appt. speaking spanish without thinking..but when i showed up..all hell broke loose..

They thought it was a joke...what was worse, i spoke english when i came into the salon..thus, they went off into a tirade of who would do the "mayate's" hair..some said "morena"  or "negra" at least...for those of you who don't know what the word "mayate" means in english..it's the hispanic version of the "n" word..(or an insignificant "bug")

one beautician said to her co-workers in spanish she would do my hair, but i would have to wait a while. some other beauticians started laughing.my appt. was at 2:00 p.m. and after being pretty much crapped on, it was about 2:15 p.m.  i apologized to them in spanish, and excused myself saying that i would go elsewhere...the place was so quiet you could a pin drop..  i walked out...

I've been in Asian salons..they were rude...and i walked out..African American salons...yep, you got it...rude...there, moreso than most cultures, mainly because i frequented them more often..what's worse, after 5 years of going to one that i really liked..she asked for money, and has yet to pay me back...now...whenever i call, i get her voicemail..

I have finally found a professional beautician who is in Elk Grove..i really like her, her work, but most of all her professionalism..she's african american, takes pride in herself, the way she carries herself, and how she treats her clients...i have found that she "hand picks" her clients..how she does this is:  She doesn't have clients that disrespect her, thus, she has no reason to disrespect them"...

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 7:46pm

I agree...be very aware of a stylist acting like that..That's usually the first warning..and when something goes wrong with your hair and you think its something you've done ohh they will be quick to be like.."well you need this and this and this" basically having you spending all types of money and what they are doing is not helping. I would have walked out of there though. But not all stylist are like that Thank God! LOL

ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Phoenix1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phoenix1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Renata22 Renata22 wrote:

Twinkle Toes, as soon as she said that, you should have said, "never mind", and walked out.

I'm happy to say that I've always had very nice stylists! If anyone here is in Atlanta and needs a stylist, pm me and I'll give you her contact information.

I used to see her on Cascade Road....and when she moved to SANDY SPRINGS (Roswell Road), I followed her there.

Anyone living here knows that's a loooooooong drive on 285....and Roswell Road is ALWAYS crowded, too!

I don't follow just any stylist.

I would have walked out too! They wouldn't be touching my hair. Like Champ said, their nastiness would probably flow over into how they treat and care for your hair.

I don't like salons and you will only find me in one if I am desperate. Most aren't happy to see me in the first place.

My Hair Site
Copy site: http://phoenix1017.sitesled.com

Current Length:32"
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:44pm
I also forgot to add is that you have to be careful with stylist like that because one of these days they may take that bad attitude out on your hair.
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:38pm
oh, btw, I would NEVER see a stylist with a bad attitude...I have a thread on the BLOOPERS board about finding a good stylist, and I'm going to post this advice on that board.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:37pm

Twinkle Toes, as soon as she said that, you should have said, "never mind", and walked out.

I'm happy to say that I've always had very nice stylists! If anyone here is in Atlanta and needs a stylist, pm me and I'll give you her contact information.

I used to see her on Cascade Road....and when she moved to SANDY SPRINGS (Roswell Road), I followed her there.

Anyone living here knows that's a loooooooong drive on 285....and Roswell Road is ALWAYS crowded, too!

I don't follow just any stylist.

Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:30pm
well i was watching the news this morning about how 85% of woman are either jealous and/or envious of other women and act that way towards them.maybe she was being snappy with u because of this,just like women sometimes do when u walk down the street (can i get a mm hmm?) as for beauticians acting that way and sabotaging there own finances, too bad for them cuz they are loosing business. just find a place where u feel welcomed and forget those bad attitudes.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:16pm
That is the question for the ages.  I really don't know but I can tell you that they are sabotaging their money with behavior like that.
TwinkletOes23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwinkletOes23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 7:44pm
I was getting dropped off to get my relaxer the other day and i asked my salonist how long was she going to be so i could tell my ride what time to piuck me up and she coped and attitude saying "how ever long it takes" i mean she acted as if i was doing her a favor i mean IM the customer im paying her so why the attitude? is this normal? I mean so many blk salonist seem to think they are doing you a favor by doing your hair when in actuality you the customer are doing them a service by being there paying the 50 dollars to get your hair relaxed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic