Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I feel so rude...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:52pm
i did some research on Anais Nin b/c i had no clue who she was.. thanks for the info.. and ur most welcome 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 6:57pm
Belated welcoming greetings, caramel!  Great hair you've got...

I used to be an engineering student so I know what you mean about the time limitations. 
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:47pm
hello, Dave 

it's very sweet of u to welcome me, even if it's late, i appreciate it.

and yes, engineering is crazy! we had one prof state on the syllabus "Note: If you work full-time try to lower it down to part-time only because the amount of work I will assign in this course will be equivalent to a part-time job."  i was like wow, what a warm and fuzzy feeling
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 7:56pm
Don't you just love professors like that?  My experiences with them:  you work very hard, you learn a lot, and then you get a poor (but passing) grade. 
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:21pm

Man...that sounds so much like Science! I had the most contact hours out of any of my friends (in other degrees) and used to have pracs that would go for 6 hours!!

I know this is way off topic (sorry Dave!)....but there used to be a certain perception of "enjees" (engineering students) about how they could always be found in the Uni Bar on any given day.  Maybe it's just an Aussie thing?

Good luck with your studies!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 9:43pm
Dave: exactly! and whenever we complain about that, they calmly state "well u'll be graduating and starting a job for $60K, while other majors' starting salaries are well below that" and we're just like uhha of course lol

missrini: i'm not really sure what the "uni bar" is , but if i got it right, it's true.. we're constantly studying.  i attend a more "liberal" university, but engineering students are not graduates of this "liberal" university only, we get a dual degree from this one and another (really really really) tough one.. so while other students are out on the quad sun-bathing, playing frisbee, running around with their dogs; we're stuck in our engineering computer labs on the third floor (where two of them don't even have windows) doing homework hour after hour after hour after hour.. u get the idea ... sorry for the long reply, but i had to vent some lol (i feel sorry for my bf having to listen to this regularly)
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 11:41pm
LOL Caramel....the Uni (University) Bar is..um...a pub . It's where ppl go to drink alcohol and listen to bands.  The "enjees" used to have a reputation for drinking LOTS and partying hard.  I guess it really IS an Aussie thing

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:01am
lol oops  i thought u were referring to the universiity lounge area or something.. a lot of us do party pretty hard, but when we actually have the time for it :D ... as for me, it's just studying, bf, friends, and family.. and me of course  .. don't even have time for my car anymore 
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:27am

Hi Caramel,

Very nice hair!

Hmmm, I remember having thicker longer hair when I was younger(like you). But since I'm 35yrs(and Proud of it!) my hair is thinner, and it looks better shorter, medium short. Congrats on being smart too! I wish I had the dedication to be a college student.

Those days are over(maybe for me).

I'm semi retired, but I keep busy.

God Bless,...
Katie
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:08pm
hi Katie 

first of all, thank you!

and second, i don't necessarily consider myself (or any college student) smart just b/c i attend college.. it's just that i have the energy/drive to learn/study more... it's a personality thing i guess, u probably wouldn't have been happy living life my way, or u would have chosen it already ... congrats to u on the accomplishment of being satisfied with ur current status, i think stability is a huge accomplishment
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 6:35am
It“s not just a aussie thing missrini, the students in the UK definitely have a reputation for speniding the majority of their time in pubs and bars!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 9:10am
 So true.  I love the looks of utter shock and horror I get when people find out I don't drink.  At all.  Ever.
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 2:34pm
i never drink either.

i think engineering students probably drink so much so they can temporarily forget the horrors of our studies.. it's impossible to finish my concentration in 4 years.. we've only had one girl do it, and she ended up in some mental institute, literally.. she was stressing out too much and i think she developed some kind of mild paranoia.. true story!
hairmetal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairmetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:42pm
Holy moly, I'm a sophomore engineering stutent too!
And caramel, your hair kicks ass, be more proud of it!
Oh, and sorry for not introducing myself either, I'm John. 
-JP
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:44pm
Hello, and welcome, John and I agree with him on your hair, Caramel!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
caramel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2006 at 8:23pm
thank u, john and rani, for the sweet compliment 
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by philosophy girl philosophy girl wrote:

So true.  I love the looks of utter shock and horror I get when people find out I don't drink.  At all.  Ever.

You don't drink?  At all??  Ever???     

( just kidding)
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:40pm
Yep, that's pretty much the standard reaction!
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic