Print Page | Close Window

I feel so rude...

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Long Hair Happenings
Forum Name: Long Hair Support
Forum Description: Growing it long takes commitment and support.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41582
Printed Date: May 18 2024 at 5:01am

Topic: I feel so rude...
Posted By: caramel
Subject: I feel so rude...
Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:27pm
hi!

i'm sorry i just came in started posting without introducing myself.. i haven't used many forums before, and most of them don't care whether u introduce urself or not.. so here goes!

i'm a sophomore engineering student. i'm interested in just about everything, but makeup and hair are obsessions of mine... not much more to say about moi, i don't do anything special; i spend most of my time either with my boyfriend, or studying, or with family/friends, and let me tell ya that if u study engineering u don't have much time for anything else really... it's a stressful life most of the time for me, but i still care for my looks

attached are pictures of my hair.. it's wavy these days, but i used to straighten it.. if i find a pic of that i'll post it as well

my hair doesn't look all that great in either pic (although in real life it looks similar to the 1st pic), but i just wanted to give u an idea of what i'm referring to :)

cheers!

Replies:
Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:29pm
oh forgot to mention.. for those of u who like horses (as i read in Vlad's thread), a lot of horseriders tell me my hair resembles horsehair (in texture, thickness)... i think that should help in giving u a feel of what my hair is like 

Posted By: Karen26
Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:32pm

Wow!! You have beautiful hair!!

I'm new on here too.    But I'll say "welcome" anyways!

Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 4:37pm
hello! just read ur post  .. and thanks for the compliment! it's a pain to care for it though, but i still like it long

Posted By: Karen26
Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 5:39pm
I thought mine was a pain too, until it was gone.....now I appreciate it so much more than before.  And actually, I'm finding it's more of a pain short.    Can't win for losing (literally! LOL)

Date Posted: March 23 2006 at 6:00pm
aww, i know how u feel, i've done the same before.. but it'll grow back, don't worry 

Posted By: Impaler Vlad
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 6:45am
Great hair, little lady! Your BF is a lucky man indeed... And last but not least, welcome on this board!

-------------
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 8:44am
aww thank u, that's very sweet, and i guess i'll welcome u to the board as well! lol since we're both new

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:06am

Well, I'm not new. Ooh, minority.  Cool.

Hello new people

caramel, lovely hair and lovely waves

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:58am
I'm not new either. Can I join you in the minority camp enfys Lovely hair caramel and welcome to the boards (ps. not everyone introduces themselves so you're not being rude!)

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 1:21pm
hello enfys and LadyFrog!  ur kind welcomes and sweet compliments are much appreciated

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 1:59pm
LadyFrog, you can join me in the minority camp, but I'm still older than you in it lol. You're nearly 1 year old though!

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:40pm

Welcome to the board, Caramel. Your hair is beautiful! I love how the first photo shows the shine.

Anais

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 8:03pm

Welcome Caramel (mmm......caramellll....)   You have beautiful, shiny, thick hair which looks just stunning on you. Love the hemline too!

Don't worry about not introducing yourself.....entirely up to you, but I'm glad to know a little about you anyway

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 8:43pm

Originally posted by caramel caramel wrote:

oh forgot to mention.. for those of u who like horses (as i read in Vlad's thread), a lot of horseriders tell me my hair resembles horsehair (in texture, thickness)... i think that should help in giving u a feel of what my hair is like 

Welcome, Caramel! People have told me the same thing about my hair...not the texture, but the thickness...my brother teases me sometimes (in fun!) and says something about my horse tail and whatnot. I guess because it is so thick and long!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Welcome to the board, Caramel. Your hair is beautiful! I love how the first photo shows the shine.

Anais

Love your new sig picture, Anais! Very pretty! (Sorry for going off topic!)

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:36pm
Anais-- thanks so much! i absolutely love ur hair... btw, pretty name, does it mean anything? it reminds me of that perfume anais anais

missrini-- thanks for the compliments .. i really like the color and texture of ur hair as well.. i thought it was really *unique* in how it's so naturally defined

horselover-- thanks for the sweet welcome ... yeah it's probably b/c of its thickness and length.. having horse hair texture isn't so great b/c the "hair" itself is thick, and the "hairs" all together are also thick, so it's quite a hassle to take care of.. but i like it

Posted By: SpecialKitty
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 11:19pm

Originally posted by caramel caramel wrote:

my hair doesn't look all that great in either pic

Your hair looks amazingly thick, healthy and shiny!! Welcome to the board!

-------------

Date Posted: March 25 2006 at 12:59am
SpecialKitty-- that's extremely sweet of u  thank u

Posted By: AnaisSatin
Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 12:23pm

Anais (or more accurately Anaïs), is Provençal or Catalan for "Anna". Sorry if the special characters don't show up on your screen... There are two dots over the i. It's Anais after Anais Nin. Thanks Caramel

Anais 

-------------
http://anaissatin.livejournal.com"> my LJ , 40 inches long

Date Posted: March 26 2006 at 9:52pm
i did some research on Anais Nin b/c i had no clue who she was.. thanks for the info.. and ur most welcome 

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 6:57pm
Belated welcoming greetings, caramel!  Great hair you've got...

I used to be an engineering student so I know what you mean about the time limitations. 

-------------

Date Posted: April 03 2006 at 10:47pm
hello, Dave 

it's very sweet of u to welcome me, even if it's late, i appreciate it.

and yes, engineering is crazy! we had one prof state on the syllabus "Note: If you work full-time try to lower it down to part-time only because the amount of work I will assign in this course will be equivalent to a part-time job."  i was like wow, what a warm and fuzzy feeling

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 7:56pm
Don't you just love professors like that?  My experiences with them:  you work very hard, you learn a lot, and then you get a poor (but passing) grade. 

Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 8:21pm

Man...that sounds so much like Science! I had the most contact hours out of any of my friends (in other degrees) and used to have pracs that would go for 6 hours!!

I know this is way off topic (sorry Dave!)....but there used to be a certain perception of "enjees" (engineering students) about how they could always be found in the Uni Bar on any given day.  Maybe it's just an Aussie thing?

Good luck with your studies!

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 9:43pm
Dave: exactly! and whenever we complain about that, they calmly state "well u'll be graduating and starting a job for $60K, while other majors' starting salaries are well below that" and we're just like uhha of course lol

missrini: i'm not really sure what the "uni bar" is , but if i got it right, it's true.. we're constantly studying.  i attend a more "liberal" university, but engineering students are not graduates of this "liberal" university only, we get a dual degree from this one and another (really really really) tough one.. so while other students are out on the quad sun-bathing, playing frisbee, running around with their dogs; we're stuck in our engineering computer labs on the third floor (where two of them don't even have windows) doing homework hour after hour after hour after hour.. u get the idea ... sorry for the long reply, but i had to vent some lol (i feel sorry for my bf having to listen to this regularly)

-------------

Date Posted: April 04 2006 at 11:41pm
LOL Caramel....the Uni (University) Bar is..um...a pub . It's where ppl go to drink alcohol and listen to bands.  The "enjees" used to have a reputation for drinking LOTS and partying hard.  I guess it really IS an Aussie thing

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:01am
lol oops  i thought u were referring to the universiity lounge area or something.. a lot of us do party pretty hard, but when we actually have the time for it :D ... as for me, it's just studying, bf, friends, and family.. and me of course  .. don't even have time for my car anymore 

-------------

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:27am

Hi Caramel,

Very nice hair!

Hmmm, I remember having thicker longer hair when I was younger(like you). But since I'm 35yrs(and Proud of it!) my hair is thinner, and it looks better shorter, medium short. Congrats on being smart too! I wish I had the dedication to be a college student.

Those days are over(maybe for me).

I'm semi retired, but I keep busy.

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:08pm
hi Katie 

first of all, thank you!

and second, i don't necessarily consider myself (or any college student) smart just b/c i attend college.. it's just that i have the energy/drive to learn/study more... it's a personality thing i guess, u probably wouldn't have been happy living life my way, or u would have chosen it already ... congrats to u on the accomplishment of being satisfied with ur current status, i think stability is a huge accomplishment

-------------

Posted By: LadyFrog
Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 6:35am
It´s not just a aussie thing missrini, the students in the UK definitely have a reputation for speniding the majority of their time in pubs and bars!

-------------

28.02.06 34 inches
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43733 - Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 9:10am
 So true.  I love the looks of utter shock and horror I get when people find out I don't drink.  At all.  Ever.

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 2:34pm
i never drink either.

i think engineering students probably drink so much so they can temporarily forget the horrors of our studies.. it's impossible to finish my concentration in 4 years.. we've only had one girl do it, and she ended up in some mental institute, literally.. she was stressing out too much and i think she developed some kind of mild paranoia.. true story!

-------------

Posted By: hairmetal
Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:42pm
Holy moly, I'm a sophomore engineering stutent too!
And caramel, your hair kicks ass, be more proud of it!
Oh, and sorry for not introducing myself either, I'm John. 

-------------
-JP

Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 5:44pm
Hello, and welcome, John and I agree with him on your hair, Caramel!

-------------
RANITA~~
-----------

Date Posted: April 07 2006 at 8:23pm
thank u, john and rani, for the sweet compliment 

-------------

Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by philosophy girl philosophy girl wrote:

So true.  I love the looks of utter shock and horror I get when people find out I don't drink.  At all.  Ever.

You don't drink?  At all??  Ever???     

( just kidding)

Posted By: philosophy girl
Date Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:40pm
Yep, that's pretty much the standard reaction!

-------------
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)

Print Page | Close Window