Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If i started training with a med brush...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1shot_killah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If i started training with a med brush...
    Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:49pm

If i started training my hair with a medium brush will it affect my hair if i switch to a hard brush. I m not sure about this because i heard that hard brushes were mainly for straightening the hair, but many people have gotten waves using a hard  brush

ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:52pm
switching to a hard brush should not do anything to ya waves hard brushes can help develop waves also not just for straightening.
chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:55pm
its perfectly find to switch from medium brush to a hard....it won't affect ur waves although it may take a few days to get used to it. i quit usin a hard brush because it was too hard on my scalp but thats my opinion... and they straighten the hair into waves, thay don't actually make the hair completely straight...i would reccomend u start usin it at least 2 1/2 weeks into your cut.
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 4:59pm
yeah i got a really low cut like a week and half ago and and i been i just bought a hard brush. My head doesn't hurt that much but if i were to brush for about 15-20 mins my scalp would probly get really sore
chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:01pm
yea man thats why when u get ur pattern in switch back to a soft brush for connection and to lay ur hair down.
the wave game is a game of stategies, methods, and experience to become a champion!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:05pm

so should i just use the softy alone or use hard and when i m done wit that go over it wit the soft

chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:06pm
also i find that when i used a hard brush my hair would look dry and feel dry so u might want to briefly go over it wit a soft to improve appearance of da hair. 
chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:08pm
if ur in da beggining stages of da game use a med or a hard to train ur waves. if ur pattern is set in then i would switch to a soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 5:11pm

yo thanks ima try that and get back at you with the results in like a week

Edited by 1shot_killah
thenumber1lon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenumber1lon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:33pm
when i brush my hair period it gets dry, i use a soft brush to improve them. they are small, and fading away a little bit because i am growing my hair out, i am in my second week, i have about 2 more weeks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:45pm

i been usin a hard for about 4 days and the waves i had seem to be  goin away

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:50pm
Do you use the soft afterwards to smooth it out??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1shot_killah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:52pm

sometimes but should that help to define after i use the hard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 8:02pm
It helps alot cuz after you use the hard the hair is not as layed down the soft helps that.
chillin22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:17pm
da soft should definately help define ur waves. after u use da hard brush go over each side wit a soft for 1-2 mins and then durag.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic