Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight hair vs. curly hair (extensions)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight hair vs. curly hair (extensions)
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 1:13pm

Hey everyone!

Just a quick question!

I am getting ready to do my next install where I will use shrink*** and be pretipping my own hair.  I have done this before but have only ever used straight human hair.  For this time around I purchased hair with an italian wave to it as I like to have my hair curled slightly.

I have very thin hair naturally.  When I have done my past installs I never get a full 200 strands installed.  I would say closer to 150, give or take a little.

I guess my main question here is do you think I may actually need a little less this time around being as I am using curlier hair which has 2 to 3 times the volume of the straight hair that I generally use?

I have purchased 4 oz. of wefted hair that I will pretip.  I am hoping that will be enough!

sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 1:26pm

In general, you will need less hair when using hair with a wave or curl texture.  What length are the extensions?  I have found that even hair with just some body wave to it covers better.  The most strands I was ever able to get on my head was 170 (with shrinkies and microrings)...and that was really packing them on!  I haven't done a strand install for awhile but I am wearing less than 4 oz. of body wave hair that has a fine, soft texture and very little wave with protac tape and the extension hair is really thick, but then I don't wear the hair longer than 14" or so.

It's always great to have more hair than you need, but depending on the length of the hair, 4 oz. should be enough.

Edited by sarytyr
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 1:29pm

Hey thanks!
Yeah I was thinking that this hair should be enough since it is wavy and I am used to the straight hair.

My natural hair is very thin so I have to watch how much I cram into it, lol!

The hair is 18 inches that I bought but it looks more like 14 inches.  I guess they meant that it is 18 inches if straightened because it certainly isn't more then 15 inches curled!!

I should be posting pics when I get it done!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic