Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salonist told me to stop co washing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kathyblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 6:50pm
Obviously she doesn't know what she's talking about. All the blondes I know both use shampoo and conditioner and just because other people have straight hair and we have naturally curly hair doesn't mean we should do the exact opposite from everyone else. Respect her opinions but remember her hair isn't yours.

Edited by kathyblack - September 13 2007 at 6:50pm

MY mother bids me bind my hair
With bands of rosy hue,
Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
And lace my bodice blue.

http://public.fotki.com/kathyblack/
ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 5:02pm

Salonists tell people a lot of things they have no business saying.  I heard of one salonists who yelled at her client because she didn't want her ends trimmed any longer.  The fact of the matter is that they think they know best, but only you know what's truly best for you hair.  I co-wash my hair and I don't go to salons, and my hair has grown at least three to four inches.  Co-washing keeps your hair moisturized and soft.  If you want extra cleansing you can hit up an herbal rinse.  I rinse my hair with green tea, and it always leaves it feeling clean, but not dry. 

Edited by ccmuffingirl - September 15 2007 at 5:02pm
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
http://public.fotki.com/ccmuffingirl/
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 1:42pm
yep..she sounds like the last few "beauticians"  i just left in the dust..someone did remark that most beauticians are "stylists"..they do not know how to "treat" the hair.

i found a guy named "Tony" who works out of a very nice salon. he and i had me go to some other beautician named "Dana" who supposedly "knew" how to texturize..

She and weren't seeing "eye to eye" regarding my regimen.  She wanted

1) To see me EVERY week..

2) would not allow me to deep condition

3) said that using an egg was for white folks

4) and her  vitamin B serum was "like a deep conditioner" which she only kept on my head for 3 mins.

I figured that the blow dryer wasn't the only thing in her salon blowing hot air..plus her work ethics annoyed me to no end..doing three client's heads at one time...

i went back to Tony, and discussed my hair regimen..he liked it..and told me to come back every 3 - 6 months for a texturizer touch up..i'm sticking with Tony..he may be gay, honey...but he can play in my hair anytime.Thumbs%20Up

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2007 at 11:54pm
@ Femme- it sounds like Tony is supportive of you.

Ole girl sound like she was giving you a recipe for disaster. Probably how she makes a profit, cause none of it made sense.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 10:37am
Well, if anyone is ever in the area...they should see Tony..This is the first time - yes the first time i have been in a salon where i am the only person who is being worked on..

This salon does not allow any of the beauticians to do two or three heads at once. It's very upscale, they serve wine, soda or water while you wait, and Tony is the only minority beautician there..he does a great job.

while you're being worked on, a woman comes by and refills your glass..

While "dusting" my ends, Tony sat down at eye-level and trimmed only the visibly raggedy-type ends...no more than that..

He is very impressive..The other chick, cut off 1 1/2 inches of my hair at the beginning..and gave me the wrong type of perm..ARRGH!!Angry

thank gawd i read the forums and can keep my hair healthy..He's also reading "Cathy Howse"!!

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic