Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Foods For Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Foods For Hair?
    Posted: June 04 2006 at 1:29pm
Hi summer22,

A balanced diet is essential for the health of your body and your hair.  Strands of hair are essentially protein, so getting enough protein in your diet is important.  I supplement with extra vitamins, minerals and specific herbs to be sure my body can utilize the nutrients contained in my diet.

You may want to review the Food for Hair forum (which Anais moderates) and join in the conversations there. Smile

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 10:06pm
Proteins - especially fish and nuts - can help increase lustre. And of course eating your vegetables really helps. You're welcome to browse through what we have in the Food For Hair forum as well. It's not much right now but it's a start...

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 12:19pm
I'm not sure about specific foods,but eating a balanced diet definitely affects hair health and growth.I have heard that gelatin is good for hair and nails.
summer*22* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer*22* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 11:32am
Hello Everyone!

I am trying to grow my hair out and get it healthy naturally. Does anyone know if eating specific foods can make you hair more healthy?

~Summer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic