Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should I go this short?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 8:07pm
Its up to you, I think it would look cute though. goodluck 
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
shorthairissexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthairissexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:40pm
If you really want a change, I think that would be a great choice.  I found it interesting how similar you look to Samaire.  My vote - go for it, you will look awesome (Please provide a pic if you go through with it)
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 1:12am

Okay...i actually didn't end up chickening out.  I am getting married next August of 2007 and I want to have a nice updo.  So what i decided to do is instead of just cutting off the 4 inches that i woulda been cutting off for this cut is to grow it out another 6 inches and give it to Locks of Love.  I don't want to be wasting my hair and just throw it away. I think it would be nice to grow it out and give it to someone who doesnt have any hair.  Another nice thing about waiting til after my wedding is that I would be able to and want to go shorter without having to worry about how much it is going to grow out in a year.  Here is what i would LOVE to do with my hair. 

If anyone has any more thoughts or ideas i would appreciate them.. Would this cut look okay with a square face shape??  THANKS.!!!

Edited by tashanicole86 - June 28 2006 at 1:15am
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 5:04am
Welcome to the boards ShortHairIsSexy! Is that you in your photo? You look lovely!

TashaNicole,
That hairstyle is adorable! You will look delightful in it, a very sexy look! It will be nice when you can get that hairstyle. I am sure your new husband will love you in it! I would!

Edited by SanFranBrent - June 28 2006 at 5:05am
Brent
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 6:08pm
oooohhhhh DAMN! that is boring news   there is nothing prettier than a wedding dress with a short hairdo  its so sexy looking   updos look short  so whatsthe point?
you cant donate your hair if it is dyed and yurs looks like it is  anyway i think you should re-consider   -lb
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Lem0605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lem0605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 8:43pm
GO SHORT!! It's the thing to do for the summer.. look at all of the celebs going short. I want to see a picture of the after!! I love the cut!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 9:37pm
I'm very happy that you actually took some time and thought seriously about this.  Personally, I think you'll look very elegant and beautiful in an updo.  But please, please, please remember that you have to do what's right for you, regardless of how much cheering you get from the sideslines to do what they want you to do.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 9:39pm
i agree   its uip to u in the end
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Lem0605 Lem0605 wrote:

GO SHORT!! It's the thing to do for the summer.. look at all of the celebs going short. I want to see a picture of the after!! I love the cut!

Your post is very perplexing.  From what you wrote, you want her to cut her hair short with no regard to what she wants simply because

you like short hair (you probably don't know her and will never meet her)

and you want to see a picture of her haircut (so she's cutting it to provide a picture for your enjoyment)

and (I really don't understand this) all the celebs are going short? 

These are very good reasons for her not to cut her hair.  She's an individual and should not follow the herd.  If she really wants short hair, then I support her 100%!  She's gorgeous and will look good in nearly any hairstyle.  But the reasons given for cutting her hair have little to nothing to do with her as an individual. 

Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 10:06pm
I disagree Anne.
The people here on these boards who are encouraging her to go short, have seen a photo of her, and seem to believe she would look good with that short hairstyle, as I do.
Brent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 10:41pm
Trust me I want to go short. Now just isn't the time for me.  I've had my hair short for the past two years.  I really want to have a nice updo for my wedding plus it will be fun to play with the long hair and grow it out for charity.  I really like my hair short.  It's easy to do, but it's also fun to change your look, so right now what is best for me is to grow it out b/c i really want it long for the updo.  Then i want to cut it off right after that, which will give me plenty for charity.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 7:41am
as a barber if she came to me I would have to agree with her. I have a shop that is unique that is I do cut and have plenty of female clients. I will say that in he past I had a few who went short weeks after getting married. Locks of Love is a fantastic charity,If this is your wish to help others please do so. At least once every two months someone donates hair. I also do cut-athon's for the public. I hope you are sure when it's "cutting time".Once they start always have them do the nape first so incase you chicken out only your nape is short and your able to let the long hair overit. Good Luck in your wishes
Mike   

Edited by mikecuts - June 29 2006 at 7:42am
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:55am
Originally posted by tashanicole86 tashanicole86 wrote:

Trust me I want to go short.

Great!  That's the only opinion that matters.  I just think it's wrong for others to tell you to cut your hair because they want you to cut it or because it's the latest trend.

I'm a little confused, though.  If you really love short hair, then why don't you want that for your wedding?  I would think you'd want to look your very best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 11:41am
Because I want to have an updo. I remember prom in high school and I just felt elegant and sophisticated when I had a beautiful updo.  I have had my hair short for the past two years and figure this would be a great time to grow my hair out.  I don't like my hair right now b/c it is at that in between stage but im looking forward to growing it out for my wedding and charity and then making a change after I get married.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by tashanicole86 tashanicole86 wrote:

Because I want to have an updo. I remember prom in high school and I just felt elegant and sophisticated when I had a beautiful updo.

I can imagine!   Your hairstyle for your wedding should be whatever you think is the most beautiful,  no matter what style or length it is. 

I just wanted to make sure that whatever you do, you do it because you want to do it, not because others have told you their preferences.  I'm a little sensitive in this area, because I've been often told that I should cut my hair short without regard to my opinion.  I think the most important opinion is yours.  Your posts showed that you were very unsure about the decision.  Unfortunately, with short hair, the options for trying to fix a bad haircut are very limited because there isn't much hair to work with.  When you said you were paranoid about getting a bad haircut, that really concerned me, so I was just trying to help you avoid a decision that you would regret. 
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 2:20pm
Anne, it is not "wrong" for us to give her our advice, when she asks us for advice.

Brent
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by SanFranBrent SanFranBrent wrote:

Anne, it is not "wrong" for us to give her our advice, when she asks us for advice.

You're right, it isn't at all.  I might be very wrong, but here is what I saw.  She said she was "paranoid about getting a bad haircut" which would be easy to do if her stylist or whoever is cutting her hair doesn't do a good job.  Also, just her statement about being very scared about a bad haircut with the addition of "chickening out" made me think that she wasn't sold on cutting her hair.   Most of the replies, at least to me, tended to focus on what the posters wanted her to do and tended to avoid her uncertainty.  I probably wasn't doing a very good job, but I was honestly just trying to help her avoid a decision she would later regret.

Maybe there's just a fine line between someone who definitely wants to cut her hair and is just looking for the right style vs one who is not sure whether she wants to cut her hair.   I just received conflicting messages.  I really wasn't trying to insult anyone who replied. 
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 1:41pm
I think perhaps she isn't really ready to take the plunge.  I don't know that updos are truly necessary for weddings since you can also make short hair look very elegant and beautiful.  I think she would look great with short hair.  I have a square face too and I am pretty happy with a real short haircut although it did take me several years of sitting on the fence to take the plunge.  When she is ready she can just do it!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic