Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yo i know dis a off topic but dis is wack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
CRidge View Drop Down
6th man award winner of '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRidge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:28pm
i agree wit u all the way jqrs. these yung black brotha will get it one day.
gotwaves740 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotwaves740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 2:29pm
maybe the hard way tho
Got them waves so serious, it make dudes delirious
DatEZkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatEZkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 6:38pm
I rock polo,7 jeans,true religion,lacoste,AF1,Jordans,Tims,Vans,SB Dunks,Ice Cream,Puma Track Jackets. But most of the time i do da fitted look. Like I wear a polo with sum 7 jeans,and ma ice creams.
 And im kinda done wit Jo's 2 i only like 3 or 4 pairs dats comin out dis year and like 2 of dem came out already.I have pics on ma myspace.

Edited by DatEZkid - July 27 2006 at 6:46pm

Myspace.com/cake_and_ice_cr3am
bLaZe332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bLaZe332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by T-MAC T-MAC wrote:

I'm all for lookin clean sometimes, but who ever is wit that need to get right homie and rep.  I don't look like no gangster when I dress but I wear my 3x tall pro clubs with my nice ass sean john pants and always have a pair of air forces in my closet and that's just who I am and I going to chage for the white man.  I know how to dress oppropriatly when that times come, but when I'm wit the homies or whatever you can catch me fitted.  f**k the gap and bananna republic, you can kiss my ass on that.  I'm just letting yall know to not abandon who you are and stay true to yourself.  As there is a time and place to dress nice thats when you do it but don't do it to be more white and if that's not what you think you are doing that is what you are doing.

And I do own a nice as suit and tie.

Baggy Brothas STAND UP... lol
http://myspace.com/datnigeriann****
bLaZe332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bLaZe332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by jqrs jqrs wrote:

I think that you all are taking this wrong.  If you are not out of high school yet, you may not truely understand where we are coming from. Let me just go ahead and put this information out for you:

WHITE PEOPLE STILL RUN THINGS, WE JUST TRYING TO COME UP!

Majority of all major corporations are run by white men. Us as black men can not sit back and say, "I'm going to stay real, rep my hood, do me" and expect to be a success in life.  I know that everyone doesn't want to be a lawyer, or doctor, or professional like that, and that is fine because other jobs need workers too.  But do not think that you can make your way through life wearing baggy clothes and air force ones.  I am by no means saying all your wardrobe should consist of is dress clothes, but it should be a good mix of both. 

In response to the comment about where you live, that has NOTHING to do with anything... Black people have this image that if they become something with their life, and their homebois dont, they have "sold out".  well i guarantee you that all of your boys might say you sold out or w/e, but would be quick to change places with you.  I had a friend i saw a few days ago that i havent seen since high school grad tell me that he is striving in life to be like me. I dont really see myself as a roll model or anything for real, but that meant alot. he would tell how in school, all other guys would secretly admit they could live their life the way i did.  I think it all goes back to the way you mature and understand how the world really operates and get outside of the little fantasy world that the hood perputrates!

ill co-sign i guess
bLaZe332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bLaZe332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2006 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by TYPHOONS TYPHOONS wrote:

i agree but im goin to high school so i got to keepit gangsta but i still got buttons down which i wear when i fell like lookin real fresh and i rock wit some fresh white low air forces but i still mostly rock white tees abd some times blacktees dats me XXXXL cause i stay in da hood and when i be wit my n***as i got to keep it hood and female still feelin da baggy i be wearin my pants half way down my ass but when i get older ima strat rockin dat look more but ia just rock sean johns suits and etc.i dont rock echo,g-unit,phatfarm,fubu dats lil kid ish

Damn... u OD'n da style mayne

Oh n hit u ma myspace/datnigeriann****

phlysprts4lfe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phlysprts4lfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 12:12am
This Topic is aight, I
The whole baggy Look to me aint cool, When i was in 10th grade i started wearing all Black tees white tees and jerbos. I thought it was coo, but one day i woke up and was like WTF am i wearing, Everbody in school was wearing the same sh!t. Even the damm teachers were like we cant tell those kids apart. After that year i went to Polo.com and bought up alot of stuff for the next school year, bought some Diesels people were like u tryin to be white. I was like so u gotta be white to be able towear a Ralph Lauren Button Up.  The thing is most black people let the rappers dictate what they wear, When rappers start wearin whte tees, its all of a sudden cool to wear a white tee 365 days a year. And when u try to break a mold they call u out. this year the same kids that were calling me white were the ones  asking me where I got my Big Pony Polos From, Where I got my Diesels From.

The whole Thing about black people tryin to dress like skateboarders is the same thing like the white tees, They see pahrell start wearin skin tight clothes and the same kids that were wearin 10X white tees are now wearin shirts that dont reach thier belts. wearin chains, vans, aeropastle, abrocombie, bilabong, Volcom, all that ish is just a movement, People just need to become ORIGINAL, just be you.
JordanCollecta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanCollecta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 11:42am
totally agreee
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2006 at 11:16pm
sometimes i rock tha baggy sometimes i rock the fitted..now i be rockin them polos doin the pretty boi thing when im bored....idk why but the gurls like it
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2006 at 2:21pm
And i dont kno bout the vans..i wouldnt try that for myself it just isnt me..and now they do have low cut tim's so u dont gotta be rockin dem heavy as boots lol
bLaZe332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bLaZe332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 12:00am
I roc wut da gurls lyke lol
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2006 at 8:58pm
i cosign wit blaze a lil lol
tryin2spin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryin2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 2:30pm
yo @ yall sayin n****s in highschool dont get it, u dont know what ur talking about.im well aware of these white fashion designers and ish bringin us down, im the mod of the debate/politics forum @ 360waves.net
im only 15 years old and u can go to that site and see some of the heated debates i started.
anyways, i used 2 wear 4x proclubs and shakas, i still cant wear that fitted ambercrombie look though cuz im 6ft 235 pounds but i wear polo's, and button ups on gameday(football) i also have a day a week that me and my friends made up called "don't give a f**k friday" where we come basically lookin like bums and its fun, ill wear a white tee with sum basketball shorts or somethin.

Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2006 at 3:21pm
My wardrobe consistes mainly on polos and jeans. Thats my casual wear.I do however have 2 suit jackets(Blazers) 6 dress pants and 6 button down shirts. Plo's actually can maintain the cool look as well as to some extent the "prepy" look. They can also be layered for winter time. Oh so useful.

And I never EVER where my du-rag in public. Not even on the basketball court. 
Aka Doc Shock
rlinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 9:33pm
that is deep yet true--youll ghetto azz n****s need to  listen to dat sh!t
chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 10:11pm
ah that sh*t is true
i know i aint full black and im not full white
but this topic should go out to EVERYONE out their
im a sophmore, ill wear some kinna baggy, but not real tight stuff, you know what i mean? cause in my freshmen year i was doin all the same sh*t as yall wearin girbauds white tees and any other tees that matched, but after i finished my freshmen year i though tot myself that i had to start growin up  so i think alot of people should be tryna start this

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
Don Twista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2006 at 11:27pm
yo i still b wearin da baggy ish n imma keep wearin da baggy ish...i dun tink u grow out of dat style...derez ppl dat wear baggy clothes cuz dey see sumthin dat dey wanna b  dey stop dressin like dat wen dey realize dey dun wanna b like dat no more..dun say dat dressin baggy is fo kidz cuz it aint...juss cuz it aint work out 4 yall dun mean it aint workin out 4 da rest of us...i respect dat yall dressin proper buh as 4 me imma keep it rocawear, seanjean, akademiks, enyce, Godbody, Avirex...i dun like timz cuz imma up town boy...n i aint feelin air force 1 cuz im tryna break dat mold..da firzst n only pair i ever bought i returned da nex day cuz dey waz 2 played out..buh im still keepin it baggy...38waist 38length baby...n u dun noe im rockin da 5x tees...black tees white tees...i dun wear no1'z face on ma shirt cuz i aint no homo...im tryna stay away from dress shirtz still..rock hoodies EVERYDAY...dun wear no colourz juss straight black n white...favourite shoes b da addidas proshellz...
Lil D.C. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil D.C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 12:53pm
I thought the fitted look was just something happening in D.C. but I see its not.Every body in my school dress this way, well the people who are considered flii do.I can't afford this stuff so I wear shell toes jeans and a white tee shirt every day.Im also 6'2 230 clothes from American Eagle,Abercrombie,and Banana Republic don't really fit me especially the jean all these stores are made for smaller people.
Meech313 defeated
KingCash-tie rematch soon
NewSpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewSpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 4:04pm
i jus strted rockin the polos, lacostes, sean john, true religion, neropostale, nd all dat othr "fressh" sh*t lol....its workin out tho...the young ladies see dat sign on ur shirt nd think u got cake son! at least where im at... nd ya it kinda strted in d.c. (where i jus moved from ) but now im in oakland and its alot of thugged out dudes here...so da ladies be on me cuz im diffrent ya know good atemtion if ya know wat i mean lol....ya i wear de occasional ecko r white tee....b ut i jus try 2 look good wen i can....i think all brothas shuld get up on it!
i get it...

ladyflash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:50pm
I love that this is a discussion amongst young black men. Not too long ago there was a situation in NY where the police were stopping black men in big baggy tees and jeans for line ups because they were looking for a suspect. Now notice, no other features were announced. Just black and baggy. So it is refreshing to know that you guys know no matter who you are if youre dressing this way society is going to feel a certain way about you. It doesn't mean you can't dress this way ( I personally think that thug appeal is sexy) But there is a time and place for EVERYTHING. And if you are hanging out on street corners in the middle of the night with the baggy get up, please think twice (unless you are really out there hustlin like that). This is like asking to be harassed.  
The professional look is fly too. I like a guy that can do both and still be fine either way. Ya know...
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! My Fotki Album
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic