Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Running ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 12:07am

I would like to exerscies but I have this thing. I cannot exercise in front of people! I can't even hit a punching bag on the porch with my parents sitting in chairs in the living room. I also am not allowed to run on our road by myself. We have a treadmill but I hate running on it since I have to do it with people watching.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:53pm
Oh, I love running!  However, it's vital that you warm-up.  Don't start running fast at all.  Just jog very slowly until you've warmed up (~10 to 15 minutes, depending), then you can increase your speed.  When you are in the target range for your heartrate, you should be able to run and hold a conversation at the same time.  If you can't, then you need to slow down.  Of course, in the beginning, if you're not used to exercise, it will take a little while to get your heart and lungs accustomed to an aerobic workout, but it's definitely worth it for your body (assuming that you have medical approval to run and all of that).  After awhile, you may even experience a runner's high, which is just euphoric. 
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 11:48pm
I hate running because I can't stand the out of breath feeling but I do need to do some cardio. Do you always get out of breath even when you are in shape or is it something you feel in the begiining?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic