Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DebbieGH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebbieGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had hair, lost ALL hair, got it back, now losing
    Posted: November 18 2006 at 2:10pm
Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 40 years old and until 4 years ago had a thick head of hear. Then I got alopecia universalis (lost all hair in 1 week)and had no hair NOWHERE! for about 3 years. The first Dr's I saw when it happened had no answers and didn't even try to do anything, but when I moved to Idaho and talked to a new doctor - he was willing to work at it ... and a whole bunch of steroid shots in the head later and some rounds of oral steroids, I got hair again ... everywhere! (Oh, at least part of the problem was low thyroid and that's been fixed) Finally, last September (2006) I was able to put the wig away since I had about 1/2 inch or so of hair and figured that was better than a wig! Well, now a year later, My hair is thin ans straight and about 3" - BUT now I've got a couple of bald patches and some real significant thinning. I went back to my doc and he gave some injections ... and I'm trying this hairtopia hoping it will work. I don't want to be bald again! So that's my story .... any input on the hairtopia or anything else to try? Maybe a certain shampoo might be better? I'm open to ideas ...
Cmaria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2006 at 8:29pm
I dont know about alopecia, but my Seborreic dermatitis get better with Salicilic Acid or coal tar shampoo,like Denorex,etc my hair started to grow back.I buy over the counter
Carolredskirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolredskirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 4:22pm
If you have alopecia, you need to follow your doctors instructions. Your hair may grow back but you could also lose all of your hair.
I am completely bald with AU and it hasn't hurt me any. I am a beautiful bald woman. I have a wonderful handsome man (who has beautiful long hair) and three wonderful kids (who have full heads of hair). Bald is beautiful on ladies!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic