Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want to go shorter, but how much shorter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
starbuck_1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to go shorter, but how much shorter?
    Posted: March 05 2007 at 9:26pm
I have a pixie cut that has grown out a little. It's now about 3 inches on the top and about 2 to 2 1/2 around the sides and the back. I figured that since it is this short, I might as well go shorter. I am apprehensive as my hair is fine and not very thick and I don't want to take it shorter only to look like a plucked chicken.

I was thinking to go as short as an inch on the backs and sides and maybe 2 inches on the top.

Suggestions?
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 12:03pm

You're only considering cutting another inch.    Why not try it?   If it looks really bad, it will be back to it's current length in about a month. 

If you still can't decide, flip a coin. 
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 12:33pm
You already have short short hair. If it looks good another inch shouldn't change things. If it doesn't look good, it'll grow back quickly. Cutting 12, 6, or 3 inches might be a tough call, but this decision shouldn't be.

You might grow your hair out in the future and never have it this short again. Take the opportunity to do anything you've ever wanted to do in color or cut. It'll grow out in a month or two.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 7:47pm
Well, you are both quite right. An inch or two more won't make much of a difference and even if it did, it would grow out in no time.

Actually I did have about 13 inches cut off 2 months ago. So I am still getting use to the short length. It was a pretty drastic move to cut it all off and go really, really short. I love it though!
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 7:22am
My wife wore her hair at about your current length for a couple of years, and it looked ok. Then about six months ago she went shorter, the back and sides are clipper cut with a #3 guard, and the top is about an inch. The difference is subtle, but without her bangs hanging down to her eyes, and the overall weight of her previous cut she looks years younger. her blue eyes pop out now, where with the old cut she hardly stood out in a crowd.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:36pm
I have really fine hair and I keep it very short.  I really love it and probably won't ever go back to longer hair.  If you do this just be sure you have the right styling products to get the look you want.  If you just want to wash and go I don't think cutting it any more would be a good idea.  If you don't mind using styling products for a kind of texturized, piecy look then the shorter cut will be much easier to manage and looks very good.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 10:18pm
So .... what did you end up doing?
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 11:19pm
I did have it cut a week after the post. It was 2 inches on the top when I cut it and 1 1/2 inches around the sides and back. Of course, that was 3 weeks ago and my hair grows out pretty fast so it's much longer now.

Which means I get to go get it trimmed again pretty soon. I LOVE getting my hair cut.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbuck_1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 11:39pm
Hey Demodoll, thanks for your post.

I also loved my short hair after cutting it. What styling products are you using for your hair right now? I am using the BedHead Hard to Get and it's absolutely perfect for creating that piecy sort of look.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:12am
I like Jonathan Dirt and Kenra 25 hairspray.  My hair will stay all day unless it gets wet.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 9:00pm
Thanks for the update; I too love getting my haircut.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic