Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:33pm
if i have dark hair and use LG like you did, will the LG show through my hair????
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:38pm
Well, it's a good point that Krisite made about my technique and I am not sure about that. I think LG shows on dark hair
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 4:21pm
awww that sucx i was really looking forward to trying your method!!!!!
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 7:32pm
you should try it though, on a little piece, see if it works with your hair.
I have also heard of black Liquid Gold, maybe that could be an option for you!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 10:09pm
a little dark brown rit dye in a bottle of LG. PM me if you need further details or I can post em if anyone wants them.
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 4:46pm
yes please post them sherrie!  i would love to hear this!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 7:03pm

I used the 1/2 ounce bottle of LG, a syringe and some dark brown liquid rit dye. I used the syringe to draw up about 1/2 cc of dye and added it to the LG and used a toothpick to stir it up. It will not look completely mixed. Put the lid on tight shake the heck out of it and leave it sit for a few hours and the dye will mix thoughout. I mixed up several bottles and sent out to people to try. The responses I got were that it worked well. And a few other poeple who did this also reported that it worked well for them

milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:47am
what is rit dye?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 5:47pm
its fabric dye, can usually be found at Walmart, Kmart etc. Probably even some grocery stores, craft stores. Its pretty common so it should be easy to find.
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 7:54pm
Winkthanks for the tip..i'll keep you guys posted as to how it works out
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 10:40am
I would LOVE to see pics of all your hair after it was installed, especially the ones in ponytails!
saucyblossom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saucyblossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 10:17pm
I can't wait to try the rit dyeClap Brilliant idea.
Early years are learning years, make them count!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 7:04am
Yeah, it sounds like a perfect idea for dark hair!
Puffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:36pm
Are there any ppl who do this method for their clients or is this a "do it yourself" type of method?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:41pm
Im sure there are some pros doing these methods, but I think the DIYers go for this type of install becuase its simple to do.

Have you thought about tying it yourself?
Puffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2007 at 8:56pm
I've never done any at home methods.  I wouldn't know where to start! Smile 
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 11:35am
Oh it's easy you know!
At first you make little mistakes but you learn from the.
I couldn't let someone do it for me now, I need to feel 'in control'
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 12:27pm
Does this technique work with dark hair or does the yellow LG show through when the wefts are right up against the part? It's amazing how the LG is hidden in blonde hair. I'd never thought you could get the hair that close to the part. Great job with the technique!
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
frawstiepawz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frawstiepawz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:13pm

How can you see to do the back and underneath?  Could you use, say, 1 or 1 1/2 inch protac and cut the wefts to match so you have smaller protac/wefts?  Maybe it would be easier to put up.Ermm

Cats and Hockey Butts rule!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 6:53pm
Hi Kristie, I really don't know if LG would show through dark hair. We just talked about that w/ Sherrie and she recommended to put some sort of fabric dye in the LG. Apprently it works great.
I would just give it a try with regular LG first if I had dark hair. I love this little technique, it is by far the most invisible and 'clean' technique for the top rows. It makes me feel really safe and confident that my install is seamless.
Frawstiepawz, I can easily do the install for the back.
The key is to take your time.
You stick tape on your part line, the same way that you would do with regular Protac install, and after it's in, pull a layer of your hair on top of the LG, that is what requires a bit of patience, it's important no to rush for this stage. But it's very easy. And so gratifying, when you make your top weft invisible!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic