Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE RANDOM ROOM/QUESTIONS HERE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE RANDOM ROOM/QUESTIONS HERE

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157
Author
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
Avatar
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Joined: November 21 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 4654
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 1:47am
yep...but i'mma getta cut tomorrow and try to get around to post pics

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Back to Top
O-Negative View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: November 10 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 34
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O-Negative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 11:27am
the top of my hair is straight compared to the rest and it only waves like 6 weeks into wolfing..

so when i get a cut how low should i get it?
cuz last time i got a #2 ATG but the waves were still there all around my head but when and a bit on the top..

but when i wash my hair to get the lil pieces of hair out.. they all disappeared except for the sides which stayed nice...

is there like a #2.5 guard or i have to ask for a #3 next time??
Back to Top
dothdamnthang View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 10:28am
Originally posted by O-Negative O-Negative wrote:

the top of my hair is straight compared to the rest and it only waves like 6 weeks into wolfing..

so when i get a cut how low should i get it?
cuz last time i got a #2 ATG but the waves were still there all around my head but when and a bit on the top..

but when i wash my hair to get the lil pieces of hair out.. they all disappeared except for the sides which stayed nice...

is there like a #2.5 guard or i have to ask for a #3 next time??
 
 
You really Dont want to  let your Barber cut ATG until you have Established a good wave Pattern. It may take 2 or 3 wolf sessons to establish a good pattern.. cutting ATG an washing Hair too early may have caused your results. You can suggest your Barber cutting Atg with a #2.5 then #2 WTG..  
 
 Just get a line up every 2 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows then if you want after 6 to 10 weeks of wolfin  just get a trim with a #2.5 or #3 WTG and a fresh line up and have that fresh look while maintaining your pattern  
 
On cut,trim or line up days wash and condition only hair using a brush (soft med or hard ), dont apply any products to your hair ..Just Brush Dry...
 
Then brush until you get into barber chair
Then after #2 WTG wait at least 3 or 4 days before you wash hair ...
 
After cut brush hair good with softy or Medium to remove loose hairs  then apply any moisterizer NO POMADE (OC, CC, Pink Oil , hair lotion ETC.. ) or what ever you use, then brush  in good brushing longer on those weak areas than Durag. You can apply Moisterizer as often as needed just make sure you are Brushing good, 5 to 10 mins each section or longer if you choose to and you will be fine. 
 
 
 
Back to Top
O-Negative View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: November 10 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 34
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O-Negative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 9:53am
Originally posted by dothdamnthang dothdamnthang wrote:

You really Dont want to  let your Barber cut ATG until you have Established a good wave Pattern. It may take 2 or 3 wolf sessons to establish a good pattern.. cutting ATG an washing Hair too early may have caused your results. You can suggest your Barber cutting Atg with a #2.5 then #2 WTG..  
 
 Just get a line up every 2 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows then if you want after 6 to 10 weeks of wolfin  just get a trim with a #2.5 or #3 WTG and a fresh line up and have that fresh look while maintaining your pattern  
 
On cut,trim or line up days wash and condition only hair using a brush (soft med or hard ), dont apply any products to your hair ..Just Brush Dry...
 
Then brush until you get into barber chair
Then after #2 WTG wait at least 3 or 4 days before you wash hair ...
 
After cut brush hair good with softy or Medium to remove loose hairs  then apply any moisterizer NO POMADE (OC, CC, Pink Oil , hair lotion ETC.. ) or what ever you use, then brush  in good brushing longer on those weak areas than Durag. You can apply Moisterizer as often as needed just make sure you are Brushing good, 5 to 10 mins each section or longer if you choose to and you will be fine. 
 



thanks for that help..
all the brush and stuff really wont help extra after i cut my hair cause it doesnt curl on the top or back at all when its low.. i already got the wave pattern set.. im just not gonna wash it for a long while then..

so im just gonna have to get that #2 WTG and hope for the best
Back to Top
dothdamnthang View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 11:10am


thanks for that help..
all the brush and stuff really wont help extra after i cut my hair cause it doesnt curl on the top or back at all when its low.. i already got the wave pattern set.. im just not gonna wash it for a long while then..

so im just gonna have to get that #2 WTG and hope for the best
[/QUOTE]
 
 
BRUSHING IS THE KEY TO GETTING WAVES
Back to Top
datdetroitnigga View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: February 05 2009
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datdetroitnigga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2009 at 12:59am
 im a newbie on here and i wanted to jus ask is it possible to form a brushed 360 style wave pattern if i got a pony tail because im half rican so i got dat super straight  texture and i dont really wanna mess around wit no texturizer or wave perm i want dem naturall brushed waves but yeah is that even possible though?????
Back to Top
BabyMaMa View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: March 05 2009
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyMaMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2009 at 12:36pm
I only use Carrot Cream...How much times a week, do you have to grease ur hair?!?
Back to Top
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
Avatar
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Joined: March 21 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3332
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BabyMaMa BabyMaMa wrote:

I only use Carrot Cream...How much times a week, do you have to grease ur hair?!?
 
It depends on your hair texture and how frequently you wash your hair.
DUB-C
Back to Top
dothdamnthang View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 1:28pm

@ Babymama...  Grease ??.... when wolfin use a pomade thats works for your hair type once every 3 days to help lay the hair down.. you can use the CC everyday

Back to Top
N3RDPHR3SH View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: April 21 2009
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 16
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N3RDPHR3SH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 6:35am
Originally posted by BIG- BIG- wrote:

Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Originally posted by 25cent 25cent wrote:

LOL for real my nearby beauty supply is huge and it's hard to find what I want those bastards don't know where anything is.[IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com/smileys/smiley7.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Angry" />


I just got back on from the beauty supply store too but i was smart this time...you see; i usuallygo to this other oneabout every other day to buy a new brush or a product that i wanna experiment with but the employees keep lookin at me funny and always ask why i'm alwaysbuyin all of these "women hair products." Well i got annoyed/ tired of it and decided to go to this other shop 2day.


As i walked in, I called my voice mail, turned the volume low,and pretended that i was talkin on the phone with my sister (i don't even have a sister lol).I told the clerk that she needed a product called Amala (what jpoppinz was recommending). the problem was that the clerk didn't know what i was talkin about so i pretended to ask "mywhat color the bottle was." lol


To make a long story short,the clerk asked to talkto my sister soshe could get a description of the item. I had to think fast so iacted like my sister was givin me an attitutde so i said "forget it then...you can get it yourself."Then i told the clerk to 4get about it and i walked out of the store laughing. LOL    
lollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololol
LMFAOOOOOOOOOo
Back to Top
dothdamnthang View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 3:18pm

 WTF ^^^^^^^

Back to Top
ohboy View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2009
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2009 at 2:49am
Hi


IM new nd my problem is i have waves on the top of my head and some on the right side but barely on the back and none on the left and ive been tryin for months now but still no progress is showin i do the usual shampoo brush then condition brush then wipe some water off my head with a towel then moisturize then pomade then i brush for like 5 mins then wave cape/durag it and my waves r not even that deep ne1 help? or maybe im doing something wrong?


Edited by ohboy - May 31 2009 at 2:50am
Back to Top
dothdamnthang View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: May 31 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 458
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ohboy ohboy wrote:

Hi


IM new nd my problem is i have waves on the top of my head and some on the right side but barely on the back and none on the left and ive been tryin for months now but still no progress is showin i do the usual shampoo brush then condition brush then wipe some water off my head with a towel then moisturize then pomade then i brush for like 5 mins then wave cape/durag it and my waves r not even that deep ne1 help? or maybe im doing something wrong?
 
brush more often during the day..more than 5 mins maybe an hour..wash hair every 3 or 4 day.. look at the brushing direction thread to make sure you're brushing right and get you a hand held mirror to see which direction you should brush your sides to get results.. last Have Patience Brah with constant and  consistant brushing moisterizing duragin you'll be fine 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down


Copyright 1997-2021, hairboutique.com, All Rights Reserved.
About,
Advertise,
Contact Us,
Disclaimer
Press,
Privacy Statement,
Terms of Service,