Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it ok to eat after workin out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it ok to eat after workin out
    Posted: May 21 2007 at 4:33pm
I was doing alot of runnin/joggin basically cardio and den i did a  lil strength buidlin work outs..  den i ate sum bake chicken and salad.. is it ok to eat after workouts
JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 8:35pm
Depends on yo situation. If you tryna gain weight then that's good. If you tryna loose weight thats bad just tryta eat a lil snack after. If neither then i think it doesn't matter
Personal Record: 6-0!
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 9:03pm
lose weight
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 11:10pm
u tryin to get fit for the summer so u can dip

Edited by Gvyll - May 21 2007 at 11:10pm
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Three-Six-Oh! Three-Six-Oh! wrote:

Its good either way just as long as you watch what you eat
Right after you work out your body is at optimum efficiency for processing essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
If you tryina lose weight a salad and some fruit would be a better choice.
Just don't eat meats and heavy stuff like that right before or right after you work out.
Its not bad at all, it just helps put on muscle mass and thatws not the rewults you lookin for.

well said if you starvin, eat chicken or turkey cutlets and white rice w/ salad thats the meal to eat when you tryin to lose weight.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
jman14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jman14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 5:23am
my mom always told me that white rice waz bad to eat when u r excersiing becuz when i wuz on my football team i was 10 pounds over weight and i had to lose it to play football and i thought white rice  wuz good for u and i just ate salad...anyway BIG u could run for about40 minutes and wear a plastic bag and make u sweat faster and lose a lot of water weiht just make sure u drink plenty of water
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 8:00am
Eat as little carbs as possible. The object of running to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take on. So in theory it should look like an xy chart where x is calories taken on and y is calories taken off

Ex:
x/y
1050/1500 or something similar you need to figure this out yourself.

So if you ingest 1000 calories you need to lose 1001 plus more than you eat after to lose any weight. I would look for something low in calories like a yogurt or something similar.

Edited by Willie SKRILLA - May 22 2007 at 8:03am
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2007 at 2:43pm
hmm iiight
Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 9:52pm

Its good to eat. The key is what u eat and how much u eat. If u trying to lose weight, then eat something light and make sure its NOT right before u go to sleep. At least a few hrs before bed. The best thing to do is start ur day w/ur heaviest meals and eat lighter as the day goes. If all else fails, just have an after workout protein shake or something light...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic