Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you guys think of LHCF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 7:20am
I guess my response was too general....LHCF does provide some great hair & product advice and I am noticing that people I see posting on sites I like post there so I am not saying that everyone there is mean but there have been some threads that have gotten pretty nasty and that was disappointing to me because most of us are on these hair sites because we don't receive support for our hair choices from family--friends etc. So I should say that I have seen some rotten apples but overall the site is good but I prolly still won't join

Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

wow. [IMG]http://talk.hairboutique.com/smileys/smiley24.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Ermm" />
Hair album
pw:Romeo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 7:21am
Btw sistaslick ur still my hair idol
Hair album
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 7:51am
Is that a picture of GEM the Cartoon? I loved that cartoon.

Wink
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
BrownDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 6:34pm

This thread is funny.  I have to say that I enjoy visiting LHCF.  It is very informative and have gotten my hair healthy again. Some of the ladies are over the top, but there is a lot of valuable information on there and other sites that help black women take care of their hair. I just renewed my membership over there. Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 8:25pm
Yep I am still a die hard fan. lol

Originally posted by digitaldiva digitaldiva wrote:

Is that a picture of GEM the Cartoon? I loved that cartoon.[IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />
Hair album
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 10:36pm
I haven't posted because I wanted to see what people would say. I am not a member of that particular site, however, I have recommended that site to alot of my friends/ family/ and even hairboard members because there is great information there to view. So, as you can see I lurk their often.

As with any site, even here, there will be threads where people disagree. It's not uncommon on forums for that to happen. So overall, I think LHCF is very insightful and is a step in the right direction for people who are looking for hair information that they have not been able to recieve before.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 6:19pm
LOL @ Henna Thread comment

I've been a member of the LHCF for 4 years now. There is a great deal of information regarding hair health (and how to maintain a healthy body).  Yes there is drama there at times, but there is drama everywhere. I just don't post and move onto the next thread. 

I have noticed that there is favortism with certain members and when they start a new thread it seems like EVERY member post on it.  But when I notice newbies that start a thread, you will barely get 2 comments!! Confused 

Edited by sugaplum - September 04 2007 at 12:42pm
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 7:08pm
I had the same experience with Black Hair Media.
Favoritsm, boot lickin' and nobody wanted to answer questions, bullies given to much say so on who is a troll and who is not, whatever the hell that is I was a newbie, and was askin' a very direct, simple question, and some ignant' huzzy had the tamerity to step to me 'bout lookin at the archives, AND dONT ASK QUESTIONS THAT HAD ALREADY BEEN ASKED...HELL NAW! which some of the members admitted the archives were not very organized.........I vamped....I'm not that desperate for info it's not THAT serious to me....
No. not me, I'm not gone let it go, I got PO'd spoke my peace and got the hell out.

I felya'

Edited by Anomis - August 31 2007 at 7:19pm
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 11:05am
@Anomis ...Blackhairmedia is a whole different story.  I'm glad I forgot my password after day 2...one lady wanted to see before and after pictures of people with short hair and now have long hair.  Of course I went and posted...I returned back to see if I helped and she went off on me because she wanted to see extremely damaged hair and blah blah blah.   I quickly respnded that my hair has not always been healthy and all of the things my hair went through...o well. Her lost, not mine.  

Some people just can not accept kindness...

That favortism thing irks me as well....people need assistance, it does not take that much time to assist someone, but some people want to write a novel about why they rather the new comer search for the answer instead just being kind and guiding them in the right direction. And within that novel, the members could have written the information needed...they just wasted time typing a bunch of hogwash.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 11:27am
^^^^^Clap
thank you....
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 8:41pm
i agree!  i was on the Talk, Talk, Talk forum on BHM, and i swear, if you have your own experience, and opinion - it's not easy to stay on that end of the forum..i, too, have seen favoritism, autism, bullsh**ism, etc..thus, i finally  gave up, told them what i thought - and left..never looked back..

One person can post with a question..but if they aren't favored, you can see the post gets "viewed" but not answered..when someone that is favored posts the same question, but worded differently - then  there are several replies..yep..

I will say their  hair styling  and hair growth forums are cool...everyone seems to be very supportive,  so, far - at least....those are the only two forums that i can post and ask questions about..and receive very informative responses in a timely manner..due to the higher volume

Edited by femmemuscle - September 01 2007 at 8:42pm
some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 9:19pm
lmbootyoff@ femmemuscle
autism...u ain't neva'liedLOL
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 3:45pm
I like LHCF. Theres tons of information and the ladies are helpful. I havent had any bad experiences to date. I dont let myself get caught up in the occasional catfights.

Edited by *~earthangel*~ - September 02 2007 at 3:45pm
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 4:05pm
Well I have to offer my opinion on BHM and the "directives" for newbies to search for information.. I've spent the MAJORITY of my time on BHM in the Weaves/Extensions forum.. I'd like to think that I have been a "helpful" contributor on BHM for those posts where I've contributed advice and/or suggestions..

I have suggested to newbies to search for threads. Particularly when I know that there is an abundance of information ALREADY there on the topic they have asked about.. I have suggested HOW to search for and find the information, and occasionally have even posted search results for newbies.. There is a VERY good Weave/Extensions 101 sticky thread chock FULL of information, and I even created a personal webpage too which contains lots of useful threads, links and other helpful information.

For me personally the issue is the members who have made it clear in their posting that they know the information they are seeking is there, but they just flat out have NO INTEREST in helping themselves. I see these posts all the time.. Members who STRAIGHT up say they don't wanna look for the information.. Then there are the newbies who swear that they have been reading the weave/extensions forum for years/months, then ask a question that is covered in the Weaves/Extensions 101 thread.. Well I don't get that.. If they've been "reading for months/years" how do they NOT know about this thread?? It's a sticky note at the TOP of the Weaves/Extensions forum!!!!

When I first came to this forum and BHM, I came seeking specific information.. (In my case I was searching for hair vendor data) I spent a LOT of time searching and reading posts to at least ATTEMPT to get the information for myself.. I only posted questions when I could not find the answers on te forum.. I don't mind helping others, but when someone makes it clear that they don't FEEL that they need to take the time to try and help themselves, then I feel no particular obligation to be helpful either. The fact is the women who particpate and contribute the advice, ideas, and suggestions to these forums do so because they want to.. Not because they HAVE to.. Those members who CLEARLY post questions and sit back and wait for answers after making NO ATTEMPT to get the information for themselves will not get any help from me..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 4:56pm
Diva my interactions with you have been cool.

Ignorant people are going to be ignorant, period.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Anomis Anomis wrote:

Diva my interactions with you have been cool.

Ignorant people are going to be ignorant, period.

Back at cha girl!!!Wink and you are VERY right.. I guess that's why they say that ignorance is bliss!LOLLOLLOL Is your screenname the same on BHM??
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 6:37pm
no ma'am it's  Bo$$, on there, I have not been on in a while......I would go into the place where all those links are, now that is a wealth of knowledge it's just running into the wrong personality....

Those links are good!
You should come on over to my Hip Hop section and check us out
All are welcomed, we juss' shillin'
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 9:03pm

no ma'am it's  Bo$$, on there, I have not been on in a while......I would go into the place where all those links are, now that is a wealth of knowledge it's just running into the wrong personality....

Those links are good!
Oh hell girl I know who you are!!!LOLLOL Hey now!!!LOL Yeah the Weaves/Extensions 101 thread is a good one..

I do agree about one thing.. The owner/administrator of that forum has allowed the moderators to run roughshod on BHM.. I just work around it and keep it moving because overall I do like the women on BHM, and the information available on that forum is phenomenal!

ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 9:11pm
I, personally, don't care for LHCF.  I have an account there, but it doesn't let me do anything.  I think it's because you have to pay a membership fee.   I usually just go there to look for the features of the month, then I visit their fotki accounts to see their hair progress and routines.  I like this forum a lot better :-)

Edited by ccmuffingirl - September 02 2007 at 9:12pm
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

Those links are good!
Oh hell girl I know who you are!!!LOLLOL Hey now!!!LOL Yeah the Weaves/Extensions 101 thread is a good one..

I do agree about one thing.. The owner/administrator of that forum has allowed the moderators to run roughshod on BHM.. I just work around it and keep it moving because overall I do like the women on BHM, and the information available on that forum is phenomenal!

Bingo!!!Lampthat's what it's called...good info!!!
Hair Extensions 101. Diva you make perfect sense....when you say keep it moving. H.E. 101 is nothing to sleep on.....Diva see...maybe my experience would have been more pleasant if I was a hair dresser, b/c then people would want info, perks etc...so maybe they would kiss my cute keester LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Anomis - September 02 2007 at 10:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic