Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How many inches (no not that)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many inches (no not that)
    Posted: July 07 2007 at 5:43pm
Just wondering how many inches of hair everyone has.  Mine is at 24 inches.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 6:19pm
My hair is at 32 inches in the back and 27 on the the sides.SmileI am about 6 inches ( I think ) from being solid at the bottom of my waist. The back will get there before that, but I want it to look like it really is, not just the ends.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 7:07pm
I'm in my goal zone of 36-40 and have been for awhile. So I just say 36+
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 7:09pm
My last measurement showed 37 inches which is a tad past my tailbone.  But I'm sure it's grown a little since then, just haven't gotten around to measuring again.  I really need to post new pics one of these days....... Confused
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 11:59pm
please do, hairbraider... i would love to see new pics. Purple Bubba, 36-40inches, WOW, can you sit on it?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 12:04am
No Alisa. That's why I'm stopping. I'm too lazy with my care to let it get that long. It's bad enough that I'd be sitting on it and not caring unless it hurt but there are certain situations when sitting on it would definitely not be desireable. And I'm not going to let it get to that point.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 11:49am
I don't blame you. I want mine to get to about that point. I don't want to sit on it either.MAbye right to the edge of my bum.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 3:52pm
I'm trying to let mine get to the longest ponytail I can have and not sit on the tail. Because while I won't do updos or other styles I will do a tail so that will allow me a little more length than when down.

But my main thing is maintaining a yard or more and it would be nice if I could have a meter at 39-40"

I like having slack to trim because I'm not going for fairy tale ends. So It's nice to be able to do a small or large trim and still be past a goal mark of 36" and not be in a hurry to grow longer anymore. Although I never really was in a hurry to grow except when I was still at above shoulders, won't stay behind me out of my face length.
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 5:17pm
I'm at 31".  my goal is 36".  I am so excited to be soooo close!!
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 5:18pm
I guess I could have just said to read my signature
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 10:42pm
lol. yea, i was like how many inches ? i didnt know what you were talking about. um its almost 26 . I want to grow 3-5 more inches. I'm not sure . My first goal is waist length and maybe longer.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 10:44pm
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but what is fairy tail length? I have seen its reference several times, and each time, wonder about its true meaning.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 10:52pm
fairy tale is not a length but a hem style. It's what happens if you go for a long time without trimming and let the ends naturally taper. There are some who do that. It usually ends up in a V shape on it's own.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 11:21pm
Oh, that makes sense. That you for clarifying.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:35pm
The longest strands (near my ankles) as measured from the forehead hairline are about 73 to 75 inches.
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 8:41am
jeepers Dave!  how long did it take you to grow your hair?
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:02pm
i dont keep count of my inches that makes me to anxious about growth. But my hair has gotten really long its now down my back to my tailbone. I always thought the curls would start to fall and look limp but they stayed kinky and curly Im looking great with the long curls!! I added a face layer in the front it really framed my face nicely.

Edited by babycheeks24 - July 12 2007 at 7:03pm
Babycheeks
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 1:36pm
Haha, great title. My hair's 32 1/2". A little past waist. Cna't wait ti'll it's hip so it'll actually feel long to me!
ChocoholicBec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChocoholicBec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 7:33am
28 inches. Waist-length on me. Huzzah!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2007 at 12:47pm
I just measured and am now at a little past 33. but still a few inches from my waist. When I pull it straight ( it is almost curly) it can reach the top of my pants.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic