Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG bout 2 have a heart attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG bout 2 have a heart attack
    Posted: July 08 2007 at 10:23pm

omg 2morrow is my trim!! if dat guy does wut he did last time( turned my 1in trim into a seven inch chop) this is wuts gonna happenstarwars i no it seems extreme but i've finally reached my halfway goal and am having serious scissor phobia right now lol. jus gunna cross my fingers fa now tho.. wish me luck

PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 11:09pm
are you going to the same one?
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 11:19pm
NOOOOO!!!!  it does not sound extreme!!!! you let him know exactly what you want! If he makes one cut that is to mutch, you stand up and walk out of there with the cape still on if you have to!!!  You have every righ there is to tell him how much you want taken off!!!Thumbs%20Up

I have had my hair hacked at my the last 5 stylist I have gone to, and to tell you the truth, there is no way I would ever go back to any of them.Can I ask you, whay are you going to the same guy that has wronged you in the past?Is ther no other way for you to get around this?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 5:48am
Don't be intimidated, remember your the paying customer and YOUR IN CHARGE.....I agree with the other poster, if your uncomfortable just get up and leave, it's your hair!!!

I did a trim on my own hair last night, it's long enough where I can do it myself now.  I understand your fears about going to a salon for a "so called" trim that ends up being a whole new style if the customer does not speak up.

Be firm with what you want, and that's that....they (not all) will always try and put their two cents in with what they think is best for you, but you know what you want........

I'm not knocking all stylist as I know there are lots of real good ones, I'm talking about the ones that don't, and will not listen to the customers concerns.
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:19pm
     Hi Sugar Cube! I'm with the others. Crossing your fingers won't help, and you should *never* go back to someone who discarded your wishes (and hair) last time. *Even* if that person is a friend or relative. *The stylist* is the one who abused the trust, not you, and he or she knows it!
     My wife stopped going to salons b/c of *other* women getting hacked against their wishes. She herself has had nightmare salon visits, but they occurred many years ago. There just came a point when I had read and heard about too many fiascos, and said, "Enough!" So I gather my courage when necessary, take my time and trim it myself.
     Surely there is someone in RL whom you can trust, Sugar Cube! Right? (lol) Good luck, Bob Wink

Edited by Bob S - July 09 2007 at 3:20pm
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 3:25pm
I'd like to know why you're going back as well. Star
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:08pm
i know i know, i shouldn't be goin back but i don't know neother stylist tho..... i'm goin 2 be really firm this time and not back down with all her suggestions
mia23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mia23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 7:53pm
was 7inches of your hair split ends or something. maybe thats why the stylist cut that much off.
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 7:43am
Originally posted by SugarCube SugarCube wrote:

i know i know, i shouldn't be goin back but i don't know neother stylist tho..... i'm goin 2 be really firm this time and not back down with all her suggestions

Okay so, for some strange reason this reminds me of an episode of Oprah. She had a couple of child molesters on the show and the kids that had been molested. They molested the kids over and over again, but the kids continued to stay in the bad situation. When asked why the kids didn't leave the situation or tell someone sooner. Turns out the molester began to build trust again with the kids after the first times. Then they built more and more trust until the kid allowed them to do it to them again!

I know this is completely far fetched as hel_l lol, but this is to say if they did it once they will do it again. On that one day that you've built up your trust because they've been doing your hair nicely for the past few months, you may forget to yell at them or smack them around a little bit about the fact that you're paying them to do a service for you not vice versa. I don't know about you. But it's a lot of energy to continuously be aggressive and mean to someone. I'm sure you could find someone on this board that visits a decent salon in your area. A stylist you can see, that you don't have to bully or that wont bully you into getting something you didn't want. Sorry, I've just gotten the shaft too many times by stylist.

Ciao
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 7:53am
How did everything go for you?
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:34am
I was just wondering the same thing. SugerCube, is everything all right?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:40am
I have to say this one thing about being firm, sometimes it just does not work When my hair was cut last November, I told her only an inch on the bottom ,and three layered up. I even showed her how much on her comb, ans told her that my hair is curly, if you take 1 in off,it will respond like 3.  I ended up with an 8-12 inch "trim". Sometimes, I think that they just think they know best.She though my hair was o thick, so she took a razor to it from the shoulders down ( remember it was at my waist).
I dont mean to come off klike I am whining, or something,I just really believe that you should be so extremely cautious when it comes to stylists.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:33pm
Many good points made here.  I wonder why you sought out this stylist again, SugarCube.  I hope your hair is okay and mostly (if not almost entirely) intact.

Originally posted by Alisa06 Alisa06 wrote:

I have to say this one thing about being firm, sometimes it just does not work When my hair was cut last November, I told her only an inch on the bottom ,and three layered up. I even showed her how much on her comb, ans told her that my hair is curly, if you take 1 in off,it will respond like 3.  I ended up with an 8-12 inch "trim". Sometimes, I think that they just think they know best.She though my hair was o thick, so she took a razor to it from the shoulders down ( remember it was at my waist).

There is absolutely no excuse for stylists to behave this way.  It is extremely unprofessional, yet I read (and personally hear about!) such stories all the time.  Such stylists need to learn to put aside their own personal preferences and just honor their clients' requests.

hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

There is absolutely no excuse for stylists to behave this way.  It is extremely unprofessional, yet I read (and personally hear about!) such stories all the time.  Such stylists need to learn to put aside their own personal preferences and just honor their clients' requests.

And if clients keep coming back again and again after experiencing chop jobs, the stylists will never get the point!

SC, surely this is not the only salon in your area.  Shop around!  Make phone calls and visits to find another one you feel comfortable with.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:31am
I agree, Hairbraider, and Dave!!!

I also think that if you keep going back, then you really do not have anything to complain about, if they keeping chopping your hair. When I was in my early 20's I went and had a cut, she took too much off,and then apologized because she didn't realize how much it would bounce up.
 I came back one more time, thinking,"this time she will get it right". She did the same thing again. I never went back.I figured, ok, once give her the benefit of the doubt, after all she did apologize,but twice, she wasn't going to get it right, and I wasn't going to let her experiment with my hair. From then on, one shot was all anybody got. Now, I do it myself.

SC, you have not responded yet, is everything ok. I do hope he didn't take toooo much off. I know anything that is too much , is too much, but just remember, alot of us have been there.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 5:21pm
Just trim your hair yourself.  You can never trust hairdressers I am sorry to say.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:24pm
I would go to one that you pay a high price for and tip for if they know they have a good pay and tip coming there more likely to do a good job. I go in there and i put my fist down and i look them dead in the eye Im not nice at all whe ni go see my stylist if that hurts there feelings to bad im not going there to make a friend. I also state do not talk to me while you cut my hair i want you to concentrate so dont talk to anyone or get up and leave. I tell them up front I am going to tip you such and such amount by following what i say. If you dont I wont tip you this amount so listen to what i say i am a client and want what i feel is best for MY hair.  I also make them show me where they are going to cut before they can cut into it. YOu just have to make some serious boundaries with them and make some ground rules. Ive gone to the same lady now I think she gets my drift and knows how to act around me.
Babycheeks
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 12:18pm
sorry i haven't responded; i've been so busy what with summer classes, my bible teacher's wedding, drama with my friends and i've been kind of depressed latelyUnhappy. with all this goin on i've decided to talke your advice to heart and not go back to that hair stylist( haven't got the trim yet gunna postpone that sry). i'm gonna ask my cousin who does her hair cus she got a trim that took all her splits w/o lukin like she got a tim!!!! thank ya'll soo much for takin the time to respond to this i no imma droama queen sometimes and ya'll r very kind about itbubbles

Edited by SugarCube - July 15 2007 at 12:19pm
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 9:27am
OMG GUYS GUESS WUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yea well i skimped on the gell and oil and use some cream and serum n it turns out i don't have as many splits as i thought!!!!!!!drunk i guess the oil was drying my hair up and when i felt my ends i assumed there weere splits n now i found there aren't just about the last 1/4 inch which i'm gonna go to get dusted im sooooo happy i could cry. i am DEF goona use my new hair conoction (runs around the room screaming weeee while dad, sis n cats quietly shake their heads n mutter amusingly "oh LORD what did that child drink now jk lolz")
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 7:32am
Yay!!!  Yeah that jojoba alone tricks me sometimes too.  Now I've made a habit, whenever I think my ends are bad I say to me "just wait until after the next wash, we'll clarify and try buttered oil instead of just oil and see if it still looks dry" - usually it doesn't and I'm glad I didn't cut it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic