Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

feeling dissatisfied...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 10:07am
I agree, try putting it up  more, maybe growing your bangs out.Try styling it to were you don't have to think about it.
 Just remember how long you have worked to get this far, and just how close you are. Soooo many women ( and men for that matter) would give an arm and a leg for half of your hair. I have seen alot of women lately with horribly thin hair, and it has humbled me, and made me appreciate what God has given me. Not that you need to be humbled, but just remember how fortunate you are.
Hopefully this will pass soon, and the cloud will lift. Until then,keep your head up and eyes on the future. Before you know it, you will have reached your goal, and everyone around you will be green with envy. But not just because of your hair, but because the dedication, and strength it takes to get where you are takes the kind of person that can achieve anything she puts her mind to, and that satisfaction, will give you a glow  that will light up any room.Hug
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:27am
yea i agree with Bob but i think a side pony is ultra cute eps with LONG curly hair and yea Sarah everyone has those blue days... trust me i once did something because of and emotional low and i have regretted it ever since..... it'll be okay but in the meantime please feel free to vent... better out than inWink...... hth :]]...... oh and i loveee your hair i wud honestly kill for your hair and just bc noones commenting on yur other features doesn't mean they don't notice them Wink....... Hughope you feel better soon
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 1:57pm
     Hey, Sarah! Maybe I'm not the one who should comment, b/c hairstyle is the first thing I notice about *every* woman. LOL I enjoy all other facets as well, esp. interesting faces, gaits and voices. If the hair is hot, life is good, and any other flaws are diminished, in my world!
     Anyway, what I suggest is that you double your braid or put it up for the next month or so. That way, people will be more apt to notice other facets of *you* first. (Not me, but I think I'm atypical.) More importantly, you will be giving yourself a break. You'd only have to think about it when you were fixing it. You could focus your attention on new makeup and toenail colors if you wish.
     What I think you need is your *own* WOW about yourself. And since dealing with hair every day has made it somewhat mundane in your life, I think that going without it long for weeks on end will give you a real high when fall comes and the length is fresh again.
      Remember, Sarah, everyone feels a little blue sometimes, even for extended periods. It's the human condition. But the wise person retains the inkling that better days are coming, and that drastic decisions, hair or otherwise, are best procrastinated. God Bless, Bob Wink 
     Becoming involved in new volunteer work, even for an hour or two per week, may be refreshing and rewarding for you. Hugs, Bob

Edited by Bob S - August 12 2007 at 2:02pm
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 9:16pm

badday
    I've been feeling very unsatisfied with my hair lately.  With my whole self really.  I feel the need to change... the way I do my hair, the way I do my make-up, the color I paint my toe nails, etc.  I want to start wearing contacts again and ditch the glasses, but I've been having major allergy issues so I can't. 
     Now that my hair is just centimeters short of my long-term goal, I suddenly feel that it draws too much attention.  It's always the focal point.  I love my length, but.....  Nobody ever compliments me on my smile or my eyes anymore, for example.  I used to get complimented on my smile more than anything.  I miss that.  Also, I suddenly find myself longing for straight hair.  I haven't done that in years!  I want a different bangs style too, but nothing else looks good on me. 
     I'm sure it's just a phase.  I'm afraid to do anything major to my hair because I'm sure I'll regret it later.  A sure indication is that I've been doing my bangs the same way for about 3 or 4 years, so I trimmed them up a bit different this time, hoping it would help with the dissatisfaction.  I hate them now.  I just want to grow them out completely.  (doesn't really look bad, just not happy with it)  If I wasn't afraid of hating it later and just having to live with it, I'd dye it.  But I know it's not a good idea to make big changes when in this sort of mood.
     I'm sorry for venting.  I guess I just need some support and y'all are the greatest for that! 

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic