Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Last Bohyme + LG install w/ pictures!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last Bohyme + LG install w/ pictures!
    Posted: August 28 2007 at 8:13am

Hi everyone !Smile
My last install took me another six hours, I was just so tired of it. But happy though! …

I am wearing still 4 oz of Bohyme silky straight, I still love this hair, I know how to take of it and the price tag works for me!...

3 oz are a month and a half old and about 1 oz (the side/front pieces) are 5 and a half month old. I noticed that the main inconvenient with Bohyme weft after 4 months or so is not so much the texture, I can still make it look fantastic, but the fact that the wefts are thining. It’s all normal I guess and would probably happen with any kinds of wefts.

My secret to keep this hair look nice is to condition every time I shampoo (which is every single day) and to flat iron the hair after blow drying with my Solia iron.

I still use the thermal cream from L’oreal on damp hair, and I have just bough a new hair drier that I absolutely love, it is a Solia too (when you trust a manufacturer you want to stick to it!), with tourmaline. I bought it on folica and I thought the price was good too. Anyway, this hair drier does make a real difference, it makes my hair smoother and I feel like I don’t need to spend that much time with my straightening iron afterwards.Embarrassed

The removal takes me 1h15 usually, I use Acetone and Goo Gone. I mostly use acetone when I want to take out the wefts, and almost only Goo Gone when I want to clean my own hair of the Liquid Gold residus.

Then it takes me an hour to clean the wefts and another 50 mn to blowdry all that stuff. How weird, when I blowdry everyday it takes me like 15 mn. I guess when you’re drying wefts “away from your hair” you just dry them more thoroughly and you spend more time because you really dry the weft part, not just the hair.

I had one really really bad surprise though after removal. I noticed a bald spot at the temple area, where I had a double wefts. It is a small bald spot, about half and inch by half and inch, but enough to totally scare, believe. When I saw this I felt sickCry. I know that the double weft that was located in this area was kind of pulling my hair, I think I put too much LG, especially during touch-ups, and the other bad thing is that I develop nasty scalp problems, with whichever extensions method I use. I decided that I would use simple wefts, use less LG and stop scratching my hair!... Confused

I hope it will get better at my next take-down, I like to be optimistic!...

After seeing Sherrie’s demo on how to layer her extensions, I thought I would explain my only way… well I don’t do “real” layering per say, because my own hair is much much shorter than my 22’ extensions, I place my wefts super high, as close as I can to the part area. It looks so much more natural. Bellow is a picture to show you how high I place my top weft. I use my “invisible weft” technique, with a very small piece of tape under the weft and some LG on top, it is almost invisible. I trim last row or last 2 rows of extensions (the lowest rows), the last 5 inches let’s say, with scissors, so it’s doesn’t look like it’s cut straight. The other rows are shorter so they already look trimmed.

Oh, and one good news to finish: my natural hair is getting healthier –well, other than the bald spot!- it makes me so happy, so good about myself. It’s not great yet, but I am less ashamed!

I just bought a new hair spray, from Sebastian, supposed to protect hair from humidity. Well it seems to work very well! I get this problem when the weather is very humid, my own hair tends to get wavy/curly and sticks out, and if it’s really humid, the extensions get puffy. This spray seems to take care of both these issues, but it might be too soon to say. So if you guys have some good products to recommend to fight humidity, let me know! All right, I am done now!Wink

My natural hair:

This is how high I put my top weft:

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 1:18pm
Hey Hon.  Beautiful install as usual. Have you tried sealing your wefts to help prevent thinning? The GOO GONE, is that better than acetone? Why do you use both?
ALL EYES ON ME
DanaCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanaCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 4:23pm
It looks awesome, Frenchie.  You have totally inspired me to do Bohyme weft install.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 8:05pm

Ms Honey, yep, I usually seal my wefts before install, I just think gradual thining is normal though...

I noticed that pure acetone is great when it comes to taking the wefts off of my head, so I mostly use acetone during this process. However Goo Gone is amazing to remove any Liquid Gold residus from my own hair. Goo Gone just seems to makes the LG residus softer, I use a lot of it, wait a few minutes and comb with a thin comb, and all the little pieces of LG comes out easy. I noticed also that Goo Gone help at detangling my own hair, because it has such an oily texture probably.
These two products just seem to work differently, they are both efficient, but work differently. Acetone is stronger but it evaporates, so it's good for quick moves, when Goo Gone takes a few minutes to dissolve the LG, and it is more efficient to remove very tiny pieces of LG on your hair.

Danaco, I am so happy I can inspire someone! Good luck!Embarrassed
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 9:46pm
Thanks Frenchie.
ALL EYES ON ME
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 1:50am
WOW. I looked at the first couple pix and thought to myself, "I bet she has naturally long hair already because I can't see where your natural hair is. Wow, I got to the bottom before pics and was like, WOW!

My trained eye couldn't even see where they stopped and started - Great job girl!

p.s. It looks like you have a little strawberry blonde in there, what color is that? If you wrote it above I must have missed it.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 7:22am
Thanks Kristin! I wear a mix of Bohyme 14B (a medium wheat blonde that looks so natural) and a little bit of 16 (light golden blonde).
PinkHappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 10:00pm
So shiny and smooth! I think I might try doing wefts and LG for my next install.  You did such a great job. I'm inspired. :+)

About the acetone. I went to the beauty supply to get pure acetone. They had a bottle of 100% pure acetone nail remover. ...Is that the right one? Or is there a special kind of acetone that's not for removing acrylic nails and such?
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 10:05pm
yes, that's it. I would get the clear remover not a colored one. CVS sells a really great one, Onyx 100% Professional Pure Acetone Remover and a generic brand that's just as good.
ALL EYES ON ME
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 8:52am

Pink Happy, thank you very much! Don't forget to use/invest in a good straightening iron if you want to have shiny hair!...

And yes, CVS acetone is good and cheap. But you need the Goo Gone for removal, this stuff is really helpful, trust me!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 2:09pm
WOW.  Thank you for sharing the photos.  They are gorgeous.  You did an amazing job.  I agree, I could not see where your real hair ends and your new hair begins.  I appreciate all the step by step notes.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Carol328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 11:39pm
Wow Frenchie, it looks gorgeous!!  You did such a great job with it too!Thumbs%20Up

Also, I love the Sebastian hair spray!  It's about the only thing that helps my hair in this high humidity! 
babygirl720 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl720 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 2:40pm
How long do they stay in. I use rubber-based glue, I have yet to ordered LG online yet so I was j/w how long it holds compared to proclaim.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 3:58pm
Hey Frenchie, your hair is looking much more healthy (before picture). I remember the last time you posted a before picture. Your hair has grown. Keep your eye on that bald spot. I'm sure the hair will grow back but perhaps you can do single wefts in the front?

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:06am
Thank you very much. Carol, I had no idea that the Sebastian anti humidity spray was one of the best, lucky me!Tongue
stormchaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:53am
Frenchie, I love your hair!!!!!!!!!! My hair is just like yours without the extensions. It's amazing it is like looking at the back of my head. I usually put in a body texture of some kind in mine. I may just try the silky straight again!
BTW on your top weft you just use the tape on the side next to the scalp? or is it folded over?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:05am
beautiful job- would love to see the front
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 9:27pm
Stormchaser, thank you very much! If you have the same texture than me, I would recommend silky straight and a good straightening iron to help blending!
Tangles, I would like to know how to use photoshop one of these days, so I can put a little something on my face...I don't feel comfortable showing my face sorry!...but I understand that seing an install from the front is very interesting too!Embarrassed
cat_goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat_goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 6:39pm
OMG Frenchie! An amazing job as usual! It looks so natural and gorgeous.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

Stormchaser, thank you very much! If you have the same texture than me, I would recommend silky straight and a good straightening iron to help blending!
Tangles, I would like to know how to use photoshop one of these days, so I can put a little something on my face...I don't feel comfortable showing my face sorry!...but I understand that seing an install from the front is very interesting too!Embarrassed
Frenchie my guess is that your face is as gorgeous as your installs.. So come on girl.. You're amongst friends.. Give us ONE face shot and we will NEVER ask again!Tongue
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic