Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cutting hair for a million dollars?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2003 at 1:44am
Brent

Quote nd don't tell me Uzma would rather lose her soul than have her hair cut

I actually said that losing hair was ON PAR with the violent excision of the soul. It’s not a choice between hair-cut and soul.

Quote rom her writings I know her better than that, she doesn't take God or life that trivially

You cannot “know” a person from what they write in a public forum. Words are the shells, the carcasses..of experiences. They convey a vague approximation of the state-of-mind and state of feeling.
You do not know the strength of my feelings when I wrote my response to the original question. My subsequent response to you should have given you an indication.
I take hair seriously. Like God, like life. It is not a trivial matter to me at all.

Quote ike I often do, she was obviously using symbolic speech to express a strong feeling.

You presume that I was using symbolic speech?
Wrong on one count > I was drawing a parallel.
Right on the second count > hair has a deep significance for me. It is a personal metaphor or symbol for the innermost spirit manifesting in the outer being.
Do you get it now? ON PAR with the loss of soul!! Literally true to all extents and purposes.

Finally – I am not about to prostitute myself on any level for money. That is a literal and symbolic statement.

Uzma
Uzi

Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 9:37pm
With a million dollars, you buy a self-juicing (i.e electricity) house with a gym, pool (use extra juice to maintain pure water, not by using chlorine, dojo and enough hardware and ammunition. Have 4 kids, and train them to be the LHG Elite. You sacrifice a little, you get a lot, and so do your kids :P

Plus your hair will be at a similar length than that of your kid's but with a year or so head start :O

I mean, who DOESN'T want long hair and the ability to kick ass ? Then again, it's all conditional to the money :P
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Lady Godiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Godiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 8:58pm
Aaacckkk, why would I want to be financially wealthy without my long hair? Why lose myself and my ethics over lousy money? How could I live with myself -- face myself daily in the mirror -- having sold out for money? My hair has taken 15 years to reach this long, and in a heartbeat chop it off? Life may not be easy for me, but without my hair, I'd be missing part of me, a part that I can't purchase with $1 million or $100 million. We're not talking about a life-or-death matter here, either, so why sell out?

Jennifer Eve
Avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

1a F iii hair type
74" to the floor
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 8:11pm
And don't tell me Uzmas would rather lose her soul than have her hair cut, from her writings I know her better than that, she doesn't take God or life that trivially.
Like I often do, she was obviously using symbolic speech to express a strong feeling.
I don't take everything everyone says,( including myself), literally. I have enough of a brain to discern symbolic from literal speech.
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 8:06pm
Dave and Uzma.
PLEASE!!!
What I'm writing is a little tongue in cheek, can't you tell???
Actually there are many, many absolutely gorgeous women with long hair.(I would love to meet long haired, past shoulder length haired women like Lucy Liu or Jennifer Lopez). Yes I love short hair on women but there are many long haired beauties who I adore!
Please lighten up.
I'm not being that GODAWFULHEAVY with you folks!!!
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 7:52pm
my point of this post was to have fun. not to put someone down. we can have different views but not to make fun of someone answer. again to have fun not to make fun of.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Brent Brent wrote:

Give me a break Uzma! A haircut is like that to you!!!
I don't believe it, unless you're a fanatic of some sort.

Brent,

Let me see if I understand the sum total of some of the things you've posted recently in various fora here...

(a) You like short hair on women. No, you really like short hair on women. Actually, you really, really like short hair on women... yet...

(b) You post quite frequently on the Long Hair Support board. Curious. So...

(c) When "hallie" posted that she prefers her own hair at mid-back length instead of waist-length, you urged her to "try a very short cut like Halle Berry" on the flimsy basis of having a name with the same pronunciation. Then, within the same thread of discussion...

(d) You said that I "must admit though Halle Berry really does look great in ultra-short hair, it really does suit her wonderfully." I didn't realize this was the long-hair-support-yet-acknowledge-the-greatness-of-ultra-short-hair-on-actresses board. And still later, within the same thread of discussion...

(e) You stated that "some women do" look better in very short hair because "it shows off their feminine features more." And then here...

(f) You presume to judge another (who has professed that long hair is very important to her) to be a "fanatic," while demanding that she could not possibly feel that strongly on the issue.

Well Brent, it isn't your place to tell other people how they do or how they should feel about their hair. I have given you a lot of leeway here, but you do not seem to understand the basic precept of this board. Please note the name of this board. It is the "Long Hair Support" board. Without question, the sum total of your posts here do not constitute long hair support; on the contrary, your true colors show through loud and clear.

Do know that my patience for your presence here is wearing thin.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:40pm
Brent

I deduce from your previous posts that YOU know the meaning of the word FANATIC.

I don't choose to describe myself as a fanatic because that implies shoving your views in the faces of people who hold expressly opposite views.
Sound familiar?

I make choices for myself and my feelings are valid for myself .
Uzi

Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:21pm
Give me a break Uzma! A haircut is like that to you!!!
I don't believe it, unless you're a fanatic of some sort.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:12pm
It's on par with having both my eyelids removed and having my soul ripped out.

Would I do that for $50million?

What do you think?
Uzi

Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 10:13am
Keratin =1.
Palladium, all its attempts at DRM and Secure computing = 0.
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2003 at 5:14am
Yes Monica, it makes sense.

Who's the richest person in the world? Bill Gates. What if his wife decided she wanted long hair? No amount of money can buy a real head of long hair. In at least one way, we're more rich than she is.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 9:34pm
i also made a point to my mom. i said i have my long hair i know how it feels to have long hair. i've never had a million dollars. so not knowing what it feels like having a million dollars wouldn't bother me. i have put many years in my hair and knowlege. does that make sense?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 5:49pm
So many thoughts... where to begin? This topic has been discussed elsewhere, but it seems a few new ideas popped into my head when reading it here.

In the past, my answer to this hypotethical query (at least, when the inducement level was not as large) has been something like this: Since I need money, I work. I don't hold fire sales on personal assets.

On TV the other day, Celine Dion was interviewed on "Dateline NBC" by Maria Shriver. She asked, "so, what about the haircut?" Celine's answer was (paraphrased, from memory): "During part of the show I am flying, and the hair would get caught up in the wires. Also, the stage leans forward, and it would force my head forward, and my hair would fall into my face." There you have it, FWIW.

Kintaro, your response reminded me of a certain joke, wherein the punch line is (paraphrased), "we've already established what you are, now we're just haggling on the price." Of course, I am not implying that a person who would make a decision to cut would be one of those people... but I was just reminded of that old joke.

The fact that this topic is discussed, and that some people can place a monetary value on it plainly tells me this one thing: That long hair is of significant value!
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 2:14pm
One million, US$, I would.

Half of it is because free money, the other half is when you see your hair split in 2 different places on the same strand, all you say to yourself is >_< . I'd start anew.

Then again there are hoo-haws answering to radio station calls to wax their entire body for 1 k$, canadian. Unless you're famous or someone has money to burn, it won't happen (the million$ part).

And I would demand half the payment in advance. Too much bullpoop going on nowadays to trust people with something as meaningless as their words.

Would I for less ? Yes, how much less, well that's the fun part. I can yank their chain until I am satifsied. (if you're thinking less than 5-figure sums, US$, you're delusional :P )
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 12:26pm
Fer sure!! hand me the scissors.

I am quite comforable with extra money. I have college to put my kids through!

I have grown it back so many times I have full faith of doing it again.

jacqui
Karrinne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karrinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 12:10pm
NO WAY!!!!!!!
hair today/hair tomorrow/hair always
??/37/52
See my hair at http://karrinne1960.tripod.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 11:10am
lilibeach gave a good answer. the only wayi would do that is if someone put me to sleep and put the extension in
isla q. i understand a lot of people do feel uncomfortable having that much money.
i would like to buy a house. we only rent and that is 1600 a month!
Brent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 11:08am
If I was offered a million dollars to cut my hair I would cut every hair on my body. It is just hair! If you are a woman, look at all the women with cute short hairdos. I would think people would cut it for a lot less than a million even. It's just hair!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 7:14am
LOL Elissa....exactly what I was thinking!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic