Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPaper's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 9:33am
Paper that sounds great I cant wait for a length shot :)
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 7:42am
Hi Bob!    Thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the compliments and encouragement!  

I know I hated losing 4 months of growth. But, I think your right, my sides were shorter then my back and now it's all nice and even. I'm already much happier with the way my ends look. I'm thinking of doing regular trims, maybe half an inch every 6 months? I think you were the one that recommended that.

I am so glad using the semi permanent was a success! I'm hoping when I go darker it will be even a better blend. I actually like the 2 tone look too, on others. When people make comments on my hair that the top is black and the back is red, it makes me want to cut it off. I agree too, I hate when women cut their hair really short just to cut off dye. I follow the web site www.goinggraylookinggreat.com It's very inspirational, but I hate that most cut off their hair. I love seeing the before and after pictures. They almost always look better with their natural color silver hair. Anyways, I am excited again about letting my hair grow!

P.S. My journal will probably slow down. I am planning on taking a length shot every 3 months instead of every month. I think it will be more exciting this way. So, Oct. will be my next length shot.
Bob S View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 4:19pm
     Big%20smile Hello Paper! I believe that your jourmal is the most active thread at HB! (LOL) I'm happy for you that your trim went well. Maybe if I had that precision tool, I'd be less nervous trimming DW's hair. Anyway, looks good.
     Well, I'm crossing my fingers that your thickness will increase at longer lengths. Remember, you are growing from a layered short cut. I don't believe that all your hairs have reached your shoulder blades yet. Also, iIt seems to me that underneath hair grows more slowly than top layers. Sooo... I think (hope) that you will be more pleased this time. I know that patience was well rewarded with my wife's hair!
     As for the uneven coloring, I like your idea about the temp rinses to blend it. I admit to disappointment when women go the chop route when attempting a new color, whether silver or any other. As long as I'm blabbering, I might as well confess that I really enjoy seeing long hair with several colors, as long as they are not too contrasting. Those ladies with several inches of bright platinum blonde at the bottom ends and darker colors above, ahhh...!  Maybe I'm in the minority on this one.LOL
     Keep up the great work, Paper. The hair is already a smashing success story. Cordially, Bob

Edited by Bob S - July 20 2009 at 4:20pm
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 6:31am
Thanks Pburgh!

Thanks Mike!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2009 at 10:30pm
Looks great. Thanks for the update. Keep Growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2009 at 2:16pm
Wow paper :) your hair is really really beautiful :) I love it. I hope mine looks half that good.  U always have such cute hairclips
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2009 at 11:46am
I am so excited! I've been wanting to try an experiment and finally did yesterday. As you all know, I'm unhappy with the 2 tone I have going on. I really, really, don't want to cut my hair, thats not an option! I decided to put semi permanent on my dyed part only. I used half med brown and half dark brown. Next time, I'm going to use just the dark brown. I think I need to go darker, then I'll have a better blend. I am happy with the results! I like seeing the brown now instead of the red!

Usually my hair looks really red outside, you can see here, it looks brown...

Here's a picture of my hair in a half up....

Before to compare....

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 3:36pm
Awww paper I think that would be sooo cute if i could wear mine in a long braid in the back :) do u think id look cute like that?I honestly can never see myself with it short again lol. LOng hair rules!!!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2009 at 11:36am

Pburgh, I know a few guys that have always had long hair. They usually wear it in a long braid in the back.

Hi Kramer!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 11:50pm
I can imagine hip-length hair on every woman I see. mmmmmmmmm....
Who has more fun than people?
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 9:31pm
OMG i cant imagine past hip either :) It may be awesome Idk. Im trying for lower back and like I said i want to keep my hair long. do u knowany guys who have always had long hair?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:55pm
hmm thats a good question. My goal is BSL. That seems like a nice length, it will be really long to me, but not alot of bother. Who knows, when I get there, I might want to keep going. Big%20smile I can't imagine having really long hair past hip though.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:47pm
Paper I think its def cool too wear it up that way they dont know howlong it  is and then all of a sudden u let it down andwow its super long :) I def think I have found my niche with long hair as well. It just feels sooo right to have it long. I def will never go short again and I am glad that u feel the same way :) what is the longest ud let urs get?
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by smilinjenn71 smilinjenn71 wrote:

OhhAaaaoooo - new pretties!!! 

I'm looking forward to the day I can wear one of those!  It's still a good ways off.Confused

Thanks Jenn!, You will get there soon! Before you know it, you will be wearing half ups and ponytails.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Wow paper :) Your hair looks sooo beautiful and soo long in the pictures. I cant wait to style my locks like that. I have very good news..........I have officially decided to be a long hair for the rest of my life, I never want to go shorter than shoulder length yay :) So it looks like my long hair will be here to stay.

Thanks Pburgh! I think my hair looks longer too, when it's put up, you never know how long it really is! Thats great, your not going to have short hair again. Sounds like having long hair is really for you. I feel the same way about my hair, I'll never go short again!
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

I decided when its long I want really long lower back length hair with really long layers and highlights :) what do u think about that style? lol

It took me a year to trim off layers and it will be years for me to grow out color. So, I would never do that again! LOL But thats me. You do what makes you happy. I'm sure it will look great!
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 6:39pm
OhhAaaaoooo - new pretties!!! 

I'm looking forward to the day I can wear one of those!  It's still a good ways off.Confused
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 6:14pm
Wow paper :) Your hair looks sooo beautiful and soo long in the pictures. I cant wait to style my locks like that. I have very good news..........I have officially decided to be a long hair for the rest of my life, I never want to go shorter than shoulder length yay :) So it looks like my long hair will be here to stay.
paper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 8:21am
I got my Violet Ficcare yesterday! I love it!
I'm still waiting on my Ficcare Headband! 

Here's 2 pictures I just took.....

Edited by paper - July 16 2009 at 8:23am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 4:32pm
I know lol Its terrible to think people are that down about long long hair. I guess they are just jealous because they cannot have it lol :) I decided when its long I want really long lower back length hair with really long layers and highlights :) what do u think about that style? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic