Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Front Newbie Information Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace Front Newbie Information Thread
    Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:25pm

Rather you realize this are not american lf vendors are purchasing from chinese vendors...and its very easy for you to have this information so that you can purchase lf's and bypass the middle man and spend less money than buying from an american vendor..the american vendors DO NOT venilate their own wigs but the chinese do, that's why they order from them just like you can.. all you need to do is learn about measuring and densities and how to take care of the units.. but this is a list of chinese vendors that make lf wigs and they are reliable vendors:

Here's the vendor contact information that  ladies can purchase lf.

CHINESE VENDORS

KevinCN:

Ribzhangcn@yahoo.com.cn   or kevincn0532@yahoo.com.cn
Tel: +86 532 85718620Fax: +86 532 85721780
Rib Zhang  General Manager
QINGDAO FREEDE INDUSTRY&TRADING CO., LTD

Kevin Yan:    kevinfreedelee (3 order minimum)

freedelee@yahoo.com

Qingdao Hioh Hair Products Co., Ltd.

Mr Kevin Yan

Unit One, No.20, Jiangxi Road. Shinan District, Qingdao, Shandong,  <ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>China</ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>,  (Mainland)  266001

Tel: 0086 532 83675381

<ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>Lydia</ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>— Ms Lydia Gao

gaojing2003a@yahoo.com.cn  or lydia2003a@yahoo.com.cn

Qingdao Longfei Hair Products

31# Dayao, Ligezhuang Town, Jiaozhou City, Qingdao, Shandong, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>China</ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>

Tel : 86 532 88295339

Fax : 86 532 88295339

Mobile : 13608973044

http://public.fotki.com/lydiagao/   

Longfei L/F wig   Password: longfei

Capbase   Password: capbase

Fotki:  http://public.fotki.com/jacksun

Email: sy_hair2006 @ yahoo.com  

Rex

Rex7197@yahoo.com.cn

http://public.fotki.com/rex7197/

Junjie Lace Front Wig:   ludi8899@hotmail.com

Sales Manager

Company: Yiweidu Industry Group Co.,Ltd
Add: 1-4F, NO.1, Building 87, Zongtang ,
Yiwu, Zhejiang, <ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>China</ST1:COUNTRY-REGIoN>.   322000
Tel: 0086-579-5200450
Fax: 0086-579-5200451
Mobile: 0086-13516991960
Email:
wayne.ho@yiweidu.com

MSN: wayne.ho@yiweidu.com
Yahoo!: yiweidu_wayne@yahoo.com
www.yiweidu.com

Things to Know about hair: Once hair is stripped of the cuticle, it's lost it's protective coating, and you will have to work to keep the hair together.. Most BSS and some vendor's hair is acid washed to strip the cuticles off the hair. The hair is hten coated with silicone to give it a shiny appearance. Once the silicone wears off the hair shows its true (damaged) nature, and will begin to tangle and mat..especially when the cuticles of the hair are not venilated in the same direction..therefore a bleach bath is necessary..

BLEACH TIP TO DETANGLE YOUR UNIT

1. Mix one gallon of very hot water (hottest available from the tap) with 1/4 cup of Clorox bleach. (Do not use old Clorox or a generic brand, it won’t work)

2. Totally submerge the human hair unit into the water for approximately 2 or 3 minutes.Do not leave longer than 3 minutes Small bubbles will normally appear durring the process. Comb or brush very gently when submerged.

3. Remove hair unit and submerge in a basin of luke warm water that has been pre mixed with shampoo. Gently lift in and out for about 3 minutes and also brush or comb the hair very gently when submerged. Remove and blot dry

4. Mix 1/4 cup of ammonia to 3 cups of warm water. Dip hair unit in and out twice.

5. Repeat step 3

6.Apply conditioner, rinse and style.

Your wig will look brand new and be tangle free

So is the bleach method not to be used that often because it will eventually change the hair color, also you can saturate the unit with nexxus or a deep conditioner on the unit place in a plastic bag, nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then put back in again for another 15 seconds.

Most of the bleach/ammonia solutions work on hair that has already been damaged. High quality cuticle aligned, cuticle intact quality hair on the other hand will last for years with proper care. That's the difference in ordering from a higher quality vendor with high quality aligned cuticle hair, than you might get from some (not all) of the chinese vendors when your taking the lesser expensive road. Thats why the bleach bath is necessary when you begin to experience tangling..If your unit has tangled and matted then use the professional strength bleach bath.. the ammonia doesn't have to be a name brand any brand will do..Some have used generic brands of the bleach and have been satisfied with the results. This really is temporay fix to cuticles that have not been aligned, and may have to be done again...

Hair Care and Washing to Keep Hair fresh and tangle Free

Don't treat your Lf hair like African American hair. Embrace your inner "white girl". Use high products designed for caucasion hair like Aveda and Nexxus etc. African American products cause build up which causes frizz and tangle. Even yaki textured hair is still closer in composition to caucasion/asian hair b/c that's what it is, its not coarse AA hair.

Wash with a clarifying shampoo at least once per month.and I rarely have problems with tangles, frizz or moisture in my hair lf wigs.

I wash my unit underneath the water sprout with cool water not hot, that's a no, no..while still on the wig head, I don’t recommend the swishing the unit in a bowl wash. I find keeping it on the wig head and running my fingers thru as I shampoo and condition is best to keep it from tangling while washing. I then put the hair under the water, put some shampoo in the hair, and gently run my fingers thru the unit onto the hair. I rinse the hair, press with a the towel to get some of the water out. Put some leave in conditioner, comb thru the hair with a wide-tooth comb. Let air dry.

If additional conditioning is needed, I then take the hair off the foam head, put on deep conditioner put it in a ziplock bag, put it in the microwave for 30 sec.’s, once the microwave stops you then take it out and put it back in for another 15 sec.’s. Once it's done take the hair out of the bag and oh my god the hair is sooooo soft and silky. Put some biosilk oil on it, comb thru it with a wide toothcomb again, and let the hair air-dry.

Apply Fray Block to lace (to stop it from fraying) and spray Fast Tract Knot sealer to knots (to avoid shedding)

Place lace front on your mannequin head in secure place, let stand and air dry preferably over night.
(DO NOT use blowdryer/microwave/clothes dryer to dry the system).

I think that might be of some help also.

Step by Step application by Hairitage:

http://public.fotki.com/Hairatage/my_lf_diary/
pswrd: details

http://public.fotki.com/Hairatage/tips_for_lf_from_my/
pswrd: tips

Supply List: 

Choose between the items below the ones that suit your needs.

Citrus remover*
Lace cleaner*

Goo Gone
Ultra Hold Glue*
Skin Prep Pads (I use Cavilon)
Migthy Tite Glue *(not necessary ...your choice)
EnduraBond (from Truetape)
Acetone Remover
Kryolan (from Mallatts)

91 or 99% Alcohol (from the drugstore)
Sponge Q-tip -------------\
Orange Stick ---------------> from BSS
Tail comb ------------------/
Spray bottles
  - used for olive oil/alcohol mixture; and
  - mix of 25% Mane 'n Tail conditioner, 25% olive oil or tea tree oil, 50% water; or
For curly units:
  -50% water,25% Dreamcurls (John Frieda,
25% IC MOisturiser (make sure its the one in the brown bottle w/ the Aloe Vera plant on it)
Fast track knot sealer (from Adventhair)
Fray Block (at Walmart, Fabric stores)

* = from Coolpiece

Other items I frequently use:

Shampoo:  Creme of Nature, or Dove Moisture Intense, or Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing

Conditioner: Mane n'Tail, or Thermasilk Moisture Infusing, any Dove conditioner, or Kerasilk, or Marc Anthony's Strictly Curls - Frizz sealing conditioner

For maintaining curls:  John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Dream Curls-Curl Perfecter,  Sebastian's Wet Liquid Gel, Marc Anthony's Strictly Curls - Curls defining lotion, Ion Curl defining styling creme, Nexxus Curl Energee-Curl enhancing styler, IC Leave-In Moisturizer with Aloe Vera.
I prefer:  Christophe (
Beverly Hills) Hydrating Curl Spray : it makes curly, dry or damaged hair soft & silky. Also another favorite is "Tres Semme Curl Care European Shaping Milk".

For lustre: Proclaim Glossing Polish

Applying your lace front:

Gather your supply

I use Ultra Hold (UH) and/or Mighty Tite (MT) as glue..I do not use tape and I hate Vapon Notape..  But I use it in extreme cases at the nape only…Now I am trying the combo ORWG/UH and it gives me a hold similar to EB but without the crustiness.

With your hair neatly cornrowed, try on your unit after you have cut down the lace..Leave about 1/8" of lace around the hairline. (I cut in a zig zag manner..Others suggest using trimming shears)...You can always adjust later.  Do a dry run by placing the unit on your head where you will want it positionned. 

1. With your first application,  place little black dots with eyebrow pencil as a guide line..If you are using your own babyhairs, that will be the time to separate them by bringing them forward and keeping them down with gel (use non-flaking gel).. You will be applying your unit on the visible line created between the babyhair and the cornrow.

2.  Wipe hairline/forehead with alcohol to remove any oily deposit. Also wipe the visible line between babyhairs and cornrow/cap with alcohol...You do not need any oily residue there, since this is the spot where you will be applying your lace.. You can also use skin prep and let dry before applying glue.

3.  Apply glue (with makeup brush, sponge q-tip or small spatula, or orange stick or icecream stick).

P.S. If you plan on using your fingers to apply the glue, clean fingers with alcohol first. We tend to forget the residue on those...

Use only a very small amount..spread glue on the line you have created in a thin layer.  You can apply 2 light coats.  Then let dry, (usually 15-20min), but for your 1st application, I will wait 8-10 min.  The glue will still be a little wet and will make it a little easier for repositionning.

4.  Now you are ready to place your unit.  Keep the hair on the unit away from glue with hair clips.

5.  Place unit on your head lining hairline where glue has been applied.  Position lightly on glue line.  When you are sure that you have it where you want it,apply a little pressure on the hairline with the tip of a tail-comb or with slanted tip of orange stick...(same orange stick used for cuticle removing..sold at BSS). I avoid using my fingers since it transfers the oil from my fingertips unto the lace/glue area.

6.  You can use Adjust-a-bond to reposition the unit (do a search for that info).  I use a small amount of a mixture of olive oil and alcohol (1:1) in a spray bottle.

7.  Then I attach the nape with the same glue. (Others prefer tape....Do a search for  instructions on how to apply tape/glue to nape)

7.  Clean up extra glue with either lace/citrus remover or alcohol, careful not to touch the lace.

8.  Allow glue to cure with unit in place and the hair still away from the glued area for at least 2 hours...

You can spray citrus remover on your hands/fingertips to remove any glue residue.  Rub gently with a small towel.  Then wash with soap.

You are now ready to strut your stuff... 

Removing your lace front

1.  Spray citrus remover, or lace release or olive oil/alcohol mis to hairline and nape.

2.  Wait 4-5 minutes before lifting lace starting at ear.  If lace does not come up easily, reapply remover..  Repeat this process until the lace comes off without resistance.

3.  Use more citrus remover and/or lace release to clean skin.  Wash your face.

4.  Soak hairline (and only hairline) in Goo Gone for about 1 hr to release left over glue on unit.  Use small brush to help the process.  Do not rub or brush too hard so as not to destroy the lace...

5.  Wash your lace front for the next time.

• Length – self-explanatory
  • Texture - texture in auction or provide  pic (url) - self-explanatory
  • Hair Color - self-explanatory
  • Density (ultra light, light, light-medium or medium) you can have one density or different densities throughout the wig. The amount of hair in a style; may also be referred to as thickness or volume. This choice is definitely up to the customer. Choose a density for the hairline, front of wig and then the base of wig.
  • Hair style – freestyle: having no built-in tendency.  Can be worn in most any style, even backwards. or defined part: Part cannot easily be moved.
  • Bleached Knots - Bleaching of knots does not result in white or clear knots, but it does help to give the illusion of hair growing from your scalp by camouflaging the knots.

If your hair color is dark, then knots that hold the hair onto the base will be changed from dark to a light brown and will appear much less visible. Single knots such as those used at the front edge will be less detectable.

If your hair color is medium brown, the knots will be even less detectable, but with lighter brown hair, bleaching will make very little difference. Bleaching knots with blonde hair in not necessary.

With all-lace systems, where the hair density is such that there isn't enough room on the lace for all single knots, you will inevitably be able to spot some knotting upon close inspection from a top view perspective.

For extra light and light density systems, the all lace base is less detectable because there is enough room on the lace to use all single knots and still arrive at a medium to light hair density.

Knots cannot be bleached in areas of a lace or monofilament system that has a polyurethane tape tab system.

• Baby HairBaby hair is fine short hairs that are added to the hair line area of a lace front wig. Some customers who think they might have a problem with camouflaging the lace request baby hairs where they would use gel or water to smooth down the baby hairs over the lace. And some just like the look of “baby hairs”.
  • If you plan on dyeing your unit a lighter color or adding highlights to your unit - please ask for virgin hair
  • Head Measurements - see attached form - self-explanatory

Other FAQS

What is the difference between a lace front and full lace wig?
A lace front is a hairpiece that has lace from ear-to-ear, which will leave you with an undetectable and unbelievably natural looking hairline. The lace fronts, have monofilament from where the lace ends in the middle of the unit to the nape of the neck. Some of our other pieces have thin skin in the back so it can be trimmed back and glued down (these units can be worn in a ponytail).

A full lace wig is a unit made of all lace, it can be glued down all the way around the perimeter of the unit. You can wear this in a high ponytail. If you did not want to wait 4 weeks for a custom this is the closest you can get.

All of the units are 100% hand-tied and knotted.

How long can I wear the unit?
I have some clients that take their unit off every night, and than others that wear them for weeks at a time. Depending on the holding strength of the glue or tape you can wear it up to a month.

How long will the wig last?
I have units that have lasted for up to three years with proper care. Usually they last up to one year. Depending on various things like, how you take care of it, how often you wear and how you treat it. Comb and brush your wig gently, condition it every once in a while, and it will last for a long time.

Density (ultra light, light, light-medium or medium) you can have one density or different densities throughout the wig. The amount of hair in a style; may also be referred to as thickness or volume. This choice is definitely up to the customer. Choose a density for the hairline, front of wig and then the base of wig.

To piggyback on this:

If your wig has "too much hair" chances are, it is not entirely a density problem

When hair is cut from a donor's head, there are hairs of different lengths. Just as on your own head, different hairs are at different stages in the growth process. You have some hairs that are longer and shorter than the other.

When wig factories use hair, the hair is sorted (double drawn) so that all the hairs in a particular bundle are the same length.

Double drawn picture here:
http://www.eurohairs.com/twice.jpg

Single drawn here:
http://www.rajimpex.com/products/single%20drawn%20black%2014.jpg

Explanation here:

Length and make of hair pieces

Single drawn

Every hair piece looks like a ponytail made of different lengths of hair. The very short hairs have been removed.

For example: a hair piece of 20 inches of remi quality and single drawn has hair lengths of 14”, 16”, 18” and 20”.

Double drawn

Every hair piece contains only hair of the same length. This makes this type of hair piece also the most expensive one as this procedure is done by hand, not by machine.

For example: a hair piece of 20 inches of remi quality and double drawn has hair lengths of 20” only. It contains no hair shorter than that.

http://www.realhair-online.com/EN/produkt-drawn.php

If your wig appears to be too thick, chances are this is because wigs are usually made with hair all the same length, which usually doesn't have short hairs on it (the short hairs you often see on your wig is actually the folded over hair when the knots are made). So if your wig seems to be too thick, the solution is often not to thin it at the base of the unit, but to mimick the shorter hairs in a natural head of hair.

This is also why the majority of wigs are not made with hair from a single donor. It is not common to obtain enough double drawn hair from one donor to make a single wig. If a wig is truly made with hair from one donor, it will have varying lengths of hair throughout (i.e. will look like single drawn hair).

If you are the type of person who has always felt that wig density is too "wiggy", then you should probably talk with your wigmaker about mixing in different lengths of hair to mimic naturally growing hair, or using single drawn hair. This is easier to accommplish with an American vendor or a Chinese vendor that speaks excellent English and communicates very well in English.

I just thought that I would post this here since there is confusion about the differences between a lacefront and a full lace wig.

The only criteria for a lacefront wig is that the front hairline (temple to temple or the entire hairline) is ventilated with a lace material. The area ventilated can be just the hairline or up to half of the wig (ear to ear). The remainder of the wig can be wefted or ventilated on a net material that isn't technically lace. I think that we are using the terms handtied and lacefront interchangebly. A lacefront does not have to be 100% handtied but a fully ventilated lace unit does. Hope that I didn't confuse anyone.

A lacefront is a good choice for newbies or anyone who wears their hair down or in low ponytails. The lace area is limited and thus the styles are limited. Depending on how large the lace area is, you may be able to do a half pony or flat twists. The back may be elastic with adjustment hooks or it may have a small nape area that can be adhered to the skin.

A full lace unit is a good choice for those experienced with lace wigs and those wanting full styling freedom. Now, there are vendors who are selling units that have elastic or stretch net and passing them off as full lace. I do not agree with this phrasing but it is common for the vendors used on BHM so be aware. Depending on the color of the stretch/elastic you can part all the way down the unit or the color may prevent you from doing that. Full lace units can be made from any of the lace materials but the most commonly ordered here are French and Swiss. Different vendors are using different laces for these so be careful. One vendors' French is another's Swiss because they know that most people don't know the difference.

Edited by sexibeach - March 07 2008 at 9:31pm
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:30pm
She's baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!ClapClap

Now where's the rest of your crew girl??

Edited by Divavocals - March 07 2008 at 9:31pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:39pm

LACE UNIT HAIR COMPOUND AND MANUFACTURER’S RESEARCH AND INFORMATION

Swelling is one of the most damaging conditions of the hair. It loses flexibility, natural bounce, elasticity, and strength and is much easier to break.

·         The acidic-based permanents will swell the hair in a moderate 15%-25%.

·         The alkali-based permanents will swell the hair in a whopping 300%!

·         On our own normal hair there is a microscopic layer of natural oil. It keeps the hair’s moisture at the usual levels (10-11.5%), even though the relative humidity in the air (25-90%) is much higher. The layer of oil guards the hair from swelling.

·         When chemically stripping the cuticles, the oily layer is stripped from the hair and it loses the natural protection. Swelling occurs on a regular basis and is one of the main reasons the hair is so vulnerable to breakage.

• Normal moisture content of hair is 10%-11.5% (This depends on many variables, such as moisture in the air, type of hair, previous chemical treatment, diet and much more).  
  • When moisture decreases, hair becomes straw-like (which is a subject for many jokes and is easy to identify such hairpieces even by nonprofessionals).
  • Moisture is one of the most important factors in determining the physical (strength and elasticity) and esthetic properties (bounce, flexibility, etc.). When hair is fully wet, the elasticity may increase in 25%, but the strength will increase up to 300%!

·        One major reason for hair breakage is the combing forces applied. While shampooing, towel drying and conditioning the hair, one must stroke the hair in one direction. 

·         During combing, the hair is stretched and will break when stretched 30%-35% more than its original length. After the hair is stretched 17%-20% longer than the original length, there will be irreversible damage and it cannot bounce back to it’s natural length. For non-cuticle hair, the numbers are much scarier.

·         The ammonium within semi-permanent dyes and similar products do not damage the hair as much as the peroxide, although the experts claim otherwise for their product’s safety campaign.

Hair has a negative charge. Manufacturers design their shampoos to have a negative charge, as we do not want the shampoo to adhere or absorb onto the hair. Manufacturers design conditioners to have a positive charge, as we want the conditioner to adhere and absorb onto the hair without leaving deposits. 

• A responsible hair products manufacturer will measure the level of charge on the hair and will manipulate the products to match the charge of the hair and the charge of the product. Very few are so responsible for the entire cosmetic industry, let alone the hair replacement or hair extensions industry.
  • More importantly, do you know a company that is aware of the level of charge on non-cuticle hair?
  • Conditioners must reduce the friction between two strands of hair. For treating non-cuticle hair, they must isolate one strand of hair without leaving deposits.
  •  Conditioners do not permanently increase strength or elasticity. It is a common fib that we all take at face value. Temporarily, conditioners will deposit moisture and moisture will temporarily increase strength.
  •  Regular shampoo must clean the surface of the cuticles, a tough protective layer consisting of 75%-80% protein.
  •  Regular shampoos on non-cuticle hair act similar to peroxide on an open wound. The detergents burn and dry out the hair from the inside.
  •  Shampoos for non-cuticle must clean the exposed layer usually found underneath the cuticles that are now stripped. The under layer (the “B” layer or exocuticle) is very delicate, which is why regular shampoos fail by cleaning too harshly.
  •  The surfaces of cuticle and non-cuticle hair do not resemble each other and the difference between the two can be measured and must be measured in order to even begin discussing improving the issue of non-cuticle hair.
  •  One cannot treat both surfaces with the same materials. We do not clean our desks (a smooth surface that resembles the non-cuticle hair’s surface) with the same cleaner used on our carpets (a scaled uneven surface that resembles the cuticle hair’s surface).
  •  Usually, non-cuticle hair appears shinier than regular hair and leads us to believe that it is healthier. The reason is that the smooth and even surface reflects light at a higher concentration and therefore is brighter. Cuticle hair with it’s scaled uneven surface scatters the light in wider angle of reflection, appearing duller.

Moisture and how it affects the hair’s appearance and the individual fiber’s strength.

Moisture, why it matters:

Simply put, moisture is the single most important factor in determining the way your client’s hair looks! When moisture drops below 10-10.2% (depending on the type of hair and the level of environmental humidity), hair will look like brittle straw as opposed to supple green grass.

The critical moisture level is the difference between a fresh slice of bread and one left on the counter for 3 days. In the example of the straw or the stale slice of bread, if we apply the slightest pressure, they will break. The same pressure on the fresh slice of bread or the green grass shows us how malleable these materials could be. Likewise, any pressure put on dry human hair, as opposed to well-moisturized hair, will result in breakage.

When companies send me hairpieces with high levels of breakage to analyze, I conduct tests that usually end with a clear conclusion: Dry hair leads to breakage, especially with repeated combing applied in a localized area [the crown]. Customers who have paid for hairpieces with high breakage levels are naturally disappointed, because they come to me to unearth what they imagine to be a complicated problem… and then return with a silver-bullet remedy. They are more than a little surprised when I tell them that they don’t have to buy my products, in fact, they don’t need to buy any products, in order to improve their hairpiece’s performance. When I explain that all they need is some plain water, they begin to fear they are spending their money consulting with me for nothing.

Moisture = Strength:

Here are some numbers to illustrate my point. An average strength properties reading for Indian non-cuticle hair with a diameter of 0.055mm would be 0.22 gn/m². An average result for the same type of hair from the same bundles, but completely soaked with tap water would be 0.66 gn/m². A normal value for such hair would be around 0.32 gn/m². (gn/m² stands for Giganewtons per square meter, which is a measure of pressure. For human hair, these figures explain the fiber’s strength – the amount of pressure it can withstand before breaking.)

The important lesson here is that moisture - any type of moisture - will increase the strength of the hair by up to 300%! Every test I have conducted has shown me that plain water is as effective as any conditioner or leave-in moisturizer. For example, try wearing your jeans after washing them, while they are still soaking wet and feel the roughness of the fabric. This has to do with the swelling and increased strength of the fabric when wet. Until the water evaporates, the denim will be significantly stronger. The same goes for hair. All the stories written by marketing departments about conditioners that add strength and elasticity to hair are about as good as the stories your parents used to tell you to calm you

before going to sleep – It’s all placebo effect.

The role of conditioners:

Conditioner will add strength, but only temporarily, just as water will. Now we are getting to one of the major tradeoffs between conditioner and water: Water will evaporate much faster, but will not leave deposits that will weigh down your client’s hair. Conditioner will evaporate much more slowly and contribute to the strength of the hair for a longer time, but will leave deposits that may weigh down the hair.

In hot desert climates such as in Arizona and Nevada, it is extremely important to maintain the moisture of the hair, especially if the client spends any time in the sun. Just a few minutes of ultra-violet exposure on treated hair is enough to make a significant impact. In these conditions, a very light leave-in conditioner is highly recommended. If the client is not inclined to buy more products, give or sell him a very small mist bottle (2 oz will be sufficient) filled with water and have him mist his hair a few times a day.

Here are some suggestions to help you take the best possible care of your clients. Let’s start with education. The first priority is to instruct your clients to maintain their hair better. Teach them to use the right shampoos and conditioners.  Unfortunately, in today's saturated market, it is difficult for most people to determine what products are actually beneficial to the hair and which ones are damaging.  For example, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) is a harsh detergent which actually dries the hair, yet most shampoos contain SLS, sometimes in concentrations of up to 10% by volume. 

Turning to conditioners, most of those sold to the public are not appropriate for the hair used in hair systems because of a marked difference in the surface energy of hair that no longer has its cuticle.  Using the wrong conditioner will coat and weigh down the hair without delivering the expected benefits.  Contrary to popular belief, the key function of a conditioner is to reduce friction between adjacent hairs, preventing the loss of vital hair cells, the generation of electricity both of which impact the hair's longevity and manageability.  Moisture retention is a benefit that was added at a later stage in the development of conditioners as scientists came to understand the physics of hair growth.  Even today's best conditioner can only retain moisture in top quality hair for 2 to 3 hours.  Damaged hair, or over-processed hair may lose its moisture in half that time. However there are a few conditioners specifically formulated for processed hair, but without your advice, your clients are unlikely to be able to find them. 

If your client plans to buy a conditioner in his or her local drug store or supermarket, encourage them to select one that states on the label that it is for "Light blond hair" or for "Damaged hair”. The surface energy of light blonde hair at 36-38 mega neutrons approximates the surface energy of processed hair (42 mega neutrons).  For comparison, the surface energy of regular, growing hair is 30-32 mega neutrons.  A sophisticated (obsessional?) client might try calling his or her cosmetic company to request the surface energy range of the hair their shampoo or conditioner is designed to react with.  Alternatively, they could request the surface tension of the shampoo or conditioner itself to determine its compatibility with their own hair type. Unfortunately most of the time, they will find that the manufacturer does not have this information and probably does not even understand the question. This reflects the fact that most research dollars today go into fragrance, color and other cosmetic attributes, not the science of hair care.  

more information on the scientific research:

Most of the hair ventilated into custom-made hairpieces sold in the US is sourced through India. Much of it is collected from monasteries located throughout the country. The largest and most famous monastery is in the south of India. Indian women donate their hair as an offering to their God as a sign of modesty. It is their understanding that it will be sold by the monk’s for a substantial sum of money that will be used to finance schools, hospitals and other publicly favored facilities. But not all hair that finds its way onto the market is the same - and this is where we encounter our first problem.

During the collecting and sorting of the donated hair it is divided into two groups:

·         Remy hair: Hair that has been cut, and maintained with the roots aligned and bound together at the top of the bundle. These bundles are carefully preserved throughout the export process and arrive at the factory still intact.

·         Non-Remy hair: Hair that does not have its roots aligned. It may have been collected off the floor, or there may be some other reason they were unable to keep the roots together and running in the same direction.

This hair is sold at a much cheaper price than remy hair.
Once the hair arrives at the factory, it is treated in a hydrochloric acid bath to remove the cuticle. A word of warning - hydrochloric acid is extremely hazardous. Please do not put yourself at risk by experimenting with this chemical! It’s not the remy hair; remy hair is relatively easy to process and the damage inflicted during de-cuticalization is slight. Non-remy hair is the villain.

Non-remy hair requires a higher concentration of acid since the cuticle runs in both directions. This frequently results in hair with very low moisture content that appears dry and straw-like. Moisture is critical to good-looking hair. Human hair usually contains 10.5% - 11% moisture (measured in a controlled environment of ISO 40% - 63% moisture). Non-remy hair has trouble retaining this vital moisture.

Unfortunately, the problems do not stop here. The de-cuticalization process itself is often conducted inefficiently. Some bundles of hair are only partially processed. Others are over-treated or under-treated, which contributes to tangling problems and limp or lifeless hair. Regrettably, a lot of this lower grade non-remy hair can find its way into “expensive” custom-made hairpieces. Your vendors usually have no way to tell whether the hair in the units they sell is remy, non-remy, or non-remy blended with remy hair. This doesn’t make things easy for them.

We have to understand that non-cuticle human hair means hair that has been fundamentally damaged. I compare it to my hand losing its protective layer of skin. I know this sound brutal, but mechanically it’s similar. If your hand were damaged in this way, you would run to the hospital where they would apply bandages and oil-based ointments not just isolate the pain but to prevent chaffing that could cause additional damage. Well, the same logic applies to non-cuticle hair - except it will never heal. Just like the hospital, we try to isolate and protect the hair by applying special oil-based liquids such as conditioners that (should be) designed specifically for non-cuticle hair. If you use hair care products made for normal hair, you will be doing your client a major disservice.

Regular conditioners are formulated to condition the cuticle layer, a very durable layer that is over 30% protein. Instead, you should be using a conditioner formulated for the under-layer without cuticle. This layer is made up of only 3% protein (10 times less!) and requires a more powerful lubricating system! But it doesn’t stop there.

The lack of a protective cuticle layer has other consequences. It allows everything to be easily absorbed into the hair – and lets vital moisture out again. Non-remy hair dries at a much more rapid rate and quickly loses its luster and body. You would never consider cleaning your favorite fine Italian cotton shirt with same detergent you use to clean your old cast iron pot. And you would not clean your carpet with the same detergent you use to clean your wood table. And yet many people do precisely this when it comes to human hair. Let me repeat - cuticle and non-cuticle hair are different product types with different maintenance needs. Each one requires its own specialist product.

We are going to classify human hair as follows.  I will describe the characteristics of each variety and summarize its pros and cons. 

Origin: China, Eastern Europe, Russia and India

Grade: Cuticle, Non-Cuticle, Virgin, Processed, Single Drawn, Double Drawn, Remy and Non-Remy

·       

Type: Caucasian, Asian

ORIGIN

Chinese Hair (aka Asian Hair): A thick and coarse fiber that is naturally straight and dark brown to black in color.

Advantages: High Quantity, Durability and Low Cost. It is the strongest human hair and is able to withstand multiple chemical and mechanical processes. It is easily mass-produced making it a low cost item. It is the most popular hair in the industry because it is comfortable to process at the manufacturing level and there is no shortage of supply. Ventilating a hairpiece does not require as much skill or care as with cuticle hair.

Disadvantages: Poor Quality. Chinese hair requires extensive chemical processing to output hair that simulates European texture, color and body. The majority of the hair is collected and processed as double drawn, non-remy hair that requires heavy-duty chemicals to remove cuticle layers. It is still at a high risk for severe tangling problems because the cuticles are large and the layers are dense. The thick strands reflect light differently and appear 3 times as large next to Caucasian hair.

Common Use: Inexpensive off-shelf wigs, hairpieces and machine made hair extensions.

Indian Hair (aka Asian Hair, Italian Hair): A variety of fiber types from fine and straight, medium thick with bodywave and curly to thick coarse hair.  “Italian hair” is actually Indian hair that has been processed in Italy or Spain and then sold at premium prices.

Advantages: High Quantity, Good Quality, Variety and Low Manufacturing Cost. Indian hair is popular to use for custom made hairpieces because it can be made to resemble European hair. Although prices for remy Indian hair increase every 2-3 months, it is still available in the less expensive non-remy form. The Indian hair fiber is small in diameter compared to Chinese hair and after chemical processing can feel and look just like European hair. Finally, a great attribute of Indian hair is that it comes in a full range of textures and body.

Disadvantages: Low Quality and Higher Retail Cost. Indian hair still requires quite a lot of chemical processing to make it appear as European hair. And the efforts to maintain the integrity of remy hair and/or buy the best quality in India can increase prices closer to European hair. To reduce time and materials, many manufacturers choose to work with non-remy Indian hair, which must undergo the same processes as Chinese hair that results in a poorer quality.  Indian hair is also known to have split ends; lice and most exporters handle the hair badly.

Common Use: The remy hair is often produced as European or Italian hair for custom-made wigs and hair extensions. The non-remy hair is processed for custom-made hairpieces and less expensive wigs and machine and hand made hair extensions.

European Hair (aka Russian Hair, Caucasian Hair): A fine to medium density fiber that is naturally straight to slight wave and available in a variety of natural colors, most commonly dark blonds to medium browns. The Virgin colors will often be streaked with lighter shades or the ends will be much lighter than the roots due to weathering.

Advantages: High Quality. True Caucasian hair, whether originating from Russia, Eastern Europe or even the United States, is the best quality for the European and American market. The fine textures and natural colors eliminate the need for extensive processing and can often be sold as is (virgin hair). It easily matches the density of Caucasian customers so the hairpiece or extension blends in with their own hair.

Disadvantages: Low Quantity and High Cost. It has always been an availability problem and is becoming more difficult to source lengths longer than 15 inches and of a good quality. Limited availability makes the European hair a valuable item. The care that must be taken at the manufacturing level, as the fiber is fragile in comparison to Indian and Chinese hair, adds to the overall cost of working with European hair. Usually those that choose to work with this hair want it as close to its virgin state as possible, so much care and skill must be taken when ventilating a wig or hairpiece to keep the roots in one direction and properly trimmed to avoid tangles.

Common Use: High priced custom wigs, hairpieces and hand made hair extensions. Preferred hair type by production companies for the film industry.

GRADE

Cuticle Hair (aka Remy Hair, Virgin Hair): Cuticle hair can refer to all hair, no matter the origin. It defines the state of the fiber and quality. The cuticle layers have not been chemically altered and care must be taken to keep roots and tips from running opposite directions.

Advantages: High Quality. Hair with cuticles usually has the feel and look of natural hair. It retains dye colors and perms better than processed hair and lasts longer through normal wear and tear because the cuticles act as a protective layer for the rest of the fiber.

Disadvantages: High Cost and Tangles. Cuticle hair is considered a higher grade of hair and the time and care during production make it a more expensive hair. If not properly handled or cared for before and during the life of the hair replacement or extension, it is prone to tangle. (Although it costs the manufacturer more to process hair to non-cuticle, many have the opinion that cuticle hair is more expensive. They are confusing the cost of ventilating cuticle hair with the hair process cost. Non-cuticle hair is a more expensive hair but easier to ventilate. Cuticle hair is a less expensive hair but requires greater skill to ventilate.)

Common Use: High priced custom wigs, hairpieces and hand made hair extensions. Can only be manufactured by factories that know how to work with cuticle hair.

Non-Cuticle Hair (aka Processed Hair): This hair type can also refer to all hair no matter the origin, including European. The cuticles have been chemically processed to remove the first few layers and fuse the remaining layers. The roots and tips can be mixed in opposite directions.

Advantages: Low Hairpiece Manufacturing Cost and No Tangles. Less labor time when making hairpieces or wigs and less hair required per unit. If cuticle process is done correctly, this is a permanent process and used to prevent tangles even if the roots and tips are mixed in opposite directions.

Disadvantages: High Hair Manufacturing Cost and Poor Quality. Unfortunately, this type of hair is usually mass-produced in large factories using harsh chemicals that greatly degrade the hair. Also the hair purchased for non-cuticle hair is usually non-remy hair. When the chemical process is applied poorly and the hair starts to tangle, it tangles severely. Dye colors and perms do not last and the overall damage to the hair creates a very short life for this type of hair.

Common Use: Low to medium priced hairpieces, machine-made extensions and wigs.

Virgin Hair (aka European Hair, Cuticle Hair): All hair types no matter the origin. Usually refers to European hair as Chinese and Indian hair is rarely sold in their original colors and textures. This is hair that has not been chemically altered at any time and care must be taken to keep roots and tips from running in opposite directions.

Advantages: High Availability and Low Hair Manufacturing Costs. When it is truly virgin hair, the manufacture has very little preparation to perform before selling it. The lack of chemical processing leaves the hair in a healthy and natural state resulting in a longer life for the finished unit.

Disadvantages: Low Availability and High Cost. The dwindling availability of good virgin European hair, especially in lengths longer than 15” has made it an expensive commodity. There is still quite a bit of hair to find, but most of it is very old hair that has a musty odor and tangles very easily. Unfortunately, most Russian exporters are selling this type of hair.

Common Use: High priced custom wigs, hairpieces and hand made hair extensions.

Processed Hair (aka Non-Cuticle Hair, Non-Remy Hair, Asian Hair): All hair types can be chemically processed (cuticles, color, texture). Usually the term processed refers to non-cuticle hair and its most common form is non-remy hair. If handled well by the hair manufacturer, processed hair can retain much of its original quality properties.

Advantages: Variety. The hair manufacturer is able to chemically alter the cuticles, color and texture of the hair to simulate European grade hair and offer multiple color and textures to the customer.

Disadvantages: High Manufacturing Costs and Low Quality. The hair manufacturer must apply multiple chemical processes to the hair. Each process lowers the quality of the hair and shortens the life of the finished piece.

Common Use: All types of wigs, hairpieces and extensions.

Single Drawn Hair (aka Cuticle Hair, Virgin Hair, Remy Hair): A bundle of hair, no matter its origin or grade that appears like a ponytail because all the short lengths of regrowth hair are kept in the bundle. Many a novice buyer thinks the shorter lengths are split ends. Different manufacturers sell bundles of hair in single drawn form, but sometimes split the percentage of short hair and sell at a higher rate. They may decide to take out perhaps 50% of the shortest lengths and leave the rest in the bundle.

Advantages: High Availability, High Quality and Low Manufacturing Cost.  Single Drawn Remy hair is much easier to process the cuticles than Double Drawn Non-Remy hair because it requires less chemicals and processing time. This leads to a higher quality type of hair. The shorter lengths make the bundles appear tapered, therefore more natural. (Many prefer this type of hair. For example, one famous actress insisted that her wig be made with single drawn hair because the shorter lengths give it the perfect look.)

Disadvantages: High Manufacturing Cost. The ratio of short hairs to longer hair within a bundle is usually greater, which causes a high amount of loss and waste. The manufacturer must purchase higher quantities to account for the wastage.

Common Use: Medium to high quality hairpieces, wigs and hair extensions.

Double Drawn Hair (aka Non-Cuticle Hair, Processed Hair, Non-Remy Hair): A bundle of hair, no matter its origin or grade that is all one length. There are no shorter lengths of hair present, which creates a very smooth and polished look. Due to expense and availability with Remy hair, Non-Remy Processed hair is usually sold double drawn. The term refers to a mechanical process that draws out all the shorter lengths from a bundle, and then draws again to realign the top of the bundle.

Advantages: High Quality for Remy Hair, Low Cost and High Availability for Non-Remy Hair. One length creates a seamless silky curtain of hair that looks picture perfect. It gives the illusion of very healthy hair that has never suffered normal wear and tear.

Disadvantages: High Cost and Low Availability for Remy Hair. Hair grows and breaks and regrows so that a natural head of hair contains several different lengths of hair. When a ponytail of hair is donated or sold, the bundle tapers down to a point. If the bundle is 18” in length and you draw out only the strands that are 18”, you are left with only a few strands of hair that represent maybe 10-15% of the bundle. The rest of the bundle contains the shorter regrowth hair.  It would take 10 kilos of single drawn 18” hair to make 1 kilo of double drawn 18” hair. This makes it very expensive and undesirable for the manufacturer who is now left with 9 kilos of shorter hair. It is much more cost effective to offer double drawn non-remy hair, but the blunt one length look makes the hair appear synthetic.

Common Use: From Non-Remy hair: Low cost, off the shelf hairpieces and wigs. From Remy hair: High priced custom wigs and hairpieces.

Remy Hair (aka Cuticle Hair): Hair that was carefully bundled at the roots from the moment it is cut from donor and maintained throughout production – the cuticles run in same direction. This hair is usually processed to non-cuticle, but the root direction is maintained.

Advantages: Low Hair Manufacturing Cost, High Quality. The cuticles are not always removed for remy hair, therefore lowering productions costs and time. If the cuticles are processed, it is much easier than non-remy hair due to less chemicals and processing time. The reduced chemical processing reduces the level of damage that leads to a relatively higher percentage of moisture, as opposed to other types of chemically treated hair. This prevents the straw-like appearance that happens with processed non-remy hair within the first few months.

Disadvantages: High Cost, Low Availability and High Hair Manufacturing Costs. For unknown reasons, the temples that collect the hair do not take care to keep the roots and ends sorted correctly; therefore the resource of non-remy is much more than remy hair. Remy hair with cuticles require smaller batches and careful processing during production to avoid matting and tangling the hair during bath circulations.

Common Use: High Quality, custom-made hairpieces, wigs and hair extensions. (Our lab tests on many hairpieces submitted to us by customers have shown that the units were actually made with non-cuticle non-remy hair, although they were told that it was remy hair.)

Non-Remy Hair (aka Non-Cuticle Hair, Processed Hair, Asian Hair): Hair that was cut and collected from the floor so that roots and ends are mixed. To solve the inevitable tangling, the cuticles must be chemically removed. Non-Remy hair is sold in Double Drawn form.

Advantages: Low Cost. The reasons factories in the Orient prefer to buy this type of hair are for two reasons: 1) It is much cheaper than Remy hair, 2) you can bleach and dye several kilos of hair in one batch without worrying about matting during circulation, thereby lowering the manufacturing costs significantly.

Disadvantages: Low Quality. The hair must undergo heavy chemical processes to remove cuticles. As a result the hair becomes very dry over a short period of time. The proceeding bleaching and dyeing reduces the diameter of the hair, creates dry course hair that eventually splits and cracks along the fiber. The tips are already vulnerable naturally due to years of growth and weathering. In Non-Remy hair the tips are running both directions so the entire bundle suffers split ends and breakage. There is also uneven distribution of fiber thickness since some roots are at the top and some at the bottom of the bundle, which makes it resistant to combing.

Common Use: Medium to low priced hairpieces, wigs and extensions.

TYPE

Caucasian: Russian Hair. Very small resources in Poland and Romania.

Asian: Chinese and Indian Hair. Very small resources in Philippines, Vietnam and other small countries, but the quantities are so small that they are not really considered.

It is important to analyze the benefits of frequent hair rotation versus the possible loss in hair quality before you make a recommendation to your client. Could it be that today's new service plans have your clients wearing hair that is no better than yesterday's hair systems after six months of wear?  To understand the dilemma, you must to see it through the eyes of a hair factory manager. Hair factories have a choice of many different grades and sources of human hair.  The highest grade is of European origin, usually from Eastern Europe.  This is the most expensive hair available anywhere and the longer lengths are limited in supply.  Next comes Indian hair, which in many respects, with the exception of color, can resemble European hair. Finally there is a Chinese hair, known for its strength and affordability. 

Top quality European hair can cost up to 10 or 15 times as much as the cheapest Chinese hair. Expectedly, the price differences are most dramatic in the longer lengths.  Price variations for short hair are much closer.  However, when you multiply those price differentials by the number of systems manufactured, the impact becomes dramatic. 

But the cost of goods is not the only consideration.  Factory managers also have to maintain close relationships with their overseas suppliers and the cost of travel, ongoing contact, and the business infrastructure necessary to accurately place and track regional orders can be considerable.  So the search for economies is inevitable and you need to know where those savings are likely to happen – and who is going to be affected by them.

A client who is replacing his hair system every 4 to 12 weeks is unlikely to receive exactly the same hair he got in the past.  Professionals should be aware of those differences even if their client is not.  If the client used to wear European or Indian hair, the first point of difference may be the diameter (denier) of their new hair.  The hair that is most likely to be used in high-turnover system comes from China and has a thickness of 0.1 mm and up on average.  As a result, it is not going to have the same texture, luster and manageability as European hair, or even Indian hair, even after decuticalisation. 

Furthermore, it is likely that the color palette has had to be changed and this means removing much of the original, dark hair pigmentation and re-dyeing the hair, usually with a fabric die, to the desired shade.  While most factories have perfected this technology, it is nonetheless an assault on the hair, and it becomes more vulnerable no matter how gentle the color correction process may have been. 

Chinese Vendors:

Lydia, Jacksun or Rex has stock units

you can find their information on page one of this thread with their fokti's and/or websites.

US Vendors with Stock Units:

www.mywigsandweaves.com

www.allaboutmyhair.com

http://stores.ladydislocks.com/StoreFront.bok

http://www.zarawigs.com/

Edited by sexibeach - March 07 2008 at 9:41pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:57pm

CUSTOM FULL LACE MEASUREMENTS

For Full Lace Wigs –all six (6) measurements are required

1) Measure your head Circumference with a tape measure around your hairline.

Circumference: This measures the distance around your head. Starting at the center of the front hairline, place the tape flat against your head, going just above the ear towards the back of the head, keeping the tape at the nape of your neck and go around to the opposite side of your head, just above the opposite ear and returning to the center of the front hairline. Circumference =
23 inches

2) Measure Front to Nape

Front to Nape: This measures the length of your head from the front to the nape of your neck. To determine where the nape of your neck is, tilt your head back and look up. Where your neck bends and may even develop a skin fold, is where your nape is. You want the bottom of the wig to sit right above this area so that when you do tilt your head back that far, your wig will not shift on your head. This area is often right at the occipital bone, but be sure to take the measurement with your neck bent down so that you are looking at your shoes. Starting at the front hairline, measure directly across the middle top of your head to the area that you have determined is your nape. Front to Nape =
15 inches.

3)Measure from Temple to Temple and Ear to Ear Across Forehead

Temple to Temple across Front: This measures your temple to temple length for tape tab placement. Place tape at your temple, just in front of your ear, bring tape up towards the top of the head and go 1.5 inch behind the front hairline, down to the opposite temple in front of the opposite ear. Temple to Temple = 13 inches. Ear to Ear =13 ½

4) Measure from Ear to Ear Over Top of Head

Ear to Ear Across Top of Head: This measures your head for the top of the wig base. Place tape against your head at the top edge of your ear and go directly across the top of your head to the top edge of the opposite ear. Ear to Ear =
13 ½ inches.

5) Measure from Temple to Temple Around the Back of Head

Temple to Temple Around the Back of the Head: Place tape against your head at the front edge of the hairline (sideburn area) in front of the ear, go around the head above the occipital bone to the opposite front edge of the hairline. Temple to Temple =
15  inches.

6) Measure the Nape of Your Neck

Nape: The measures the width of your neck. Place tape at the lowest point on the bone behind your ear (mastoid bone) and measure across the neck to the opposite mastoid bone. Nape =
5  inches.

CUSTOM MADE WIG SPECIFICATIONS REQUEST ORDER

Wig Type: French Full Lace No Part, Freestyle,

Hair Texture:  (example) wavy, afro kiny curly, straight, yaki remy etc..

Hair Length: (example) 22 inches

Hair Color(example) Color No. 2 With No. 6 highlites

Hair Density: (example) Front Hairline & Side Edges: Top/Crown: Middle: Back/Nape: (example) densities types are extra light, light, light medium, medium and heavy density. Select the densities you would like your unit to appear. 

Single knots(example) be specific if you want  single knots in the front hairline with Light Density which give a more invisible hairline

Double Knots: (example) medium density

Bleached Knots: (example) Yes bleach give the illusion of the hair growing out of your scalp

Full Lace Color: (example) French Lace is suggested     for newbies b/c its more durable.. Full lace and Stretch Lace can wear in a high ponytail NO OR YES STRETCH IN THE MIDDLE.

Stretch  Lace (yes or no) 

Baby Hairs: (example) Yes in the hairline all around circumference of the hairline or no

SHIPPING INFORMATION:

HOW TO ATTACH LF WITH TAPE ADHESIVE VIDEO:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EZi8Ga_hnvQ

Sealing Knots to Prevent Shedding, and Fraying of the Lace

you need to seal the knots in your lf unit right after you cut the lace.. you can also use fray block to apply around the circumference of the lace to prevent the lace from fraying.. fray block can be purchased at any krafts shops or fabric stores..fast trek knot and adhesive sealer use be applied after every washing and/or b4 you wear your unit for the first time..this will prevent the hair from shedding when you seal the knots..

www.adventhair.com is one of the website's where you can buy fast trek knot and adhesive sealer..

Babyhairs

This is a personal decision that should be based on your needs and growth pattern. If you are a person who has a lot of natural babyhairs then you may want to apply slightly behind them, to the skin, to give a natural look and avoid damaging them. This should be done very carefully as hairline damage is a possibility if done incorrectly. For those who want to apply in front of their babyhairs make sure that you account for this in your measurments. Avoid high densities in the front hairline area to avoid the wolf hairline look. The same can be said for the nape area. Compare your natural hairline to that of the wig and you will notice that your hair naturally progresses from barely there to fuller. Your wig should follow a very similar pattern. Many vendors can work from a picture so feel free to send one for reference.

Note about babyhairs and application.

It is very easy to get them caught in the adhesive so take your time and be careful. Be very careful when cutting them in if you choose to. AVOID EXCESSIVE BABYHAIRS. WHILE THEY MAY HELP CONCEAL A LESS THAN PERFECT APPLICATION THEY ARE A DEAD GIVEAWAY THAT YOUR HAIR IS IN FACT A WIG. TRY TO MIMIC A NATURAL HAIRLINE PATTERN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AVOID THE PERFECTLY STAIGHT HAIRLINE UNLESS YOU NATURALLY HAVE ONE (NOT VERY COMMON).

Knot Sealer

Knot sealer is used to minimize shedding and/or prevent hair loss. It is a form of preventive maintenance.

It usually comes is a spray bottle or aerosol spray can. It is sprayed onto the lace on the underside of the wig. It is not meant to come into contact with the hair, other than the knots. Knot sealer is a product that needs to be reapplied. Most reapply the knot sealer each time the wig is washed, some use it on an as needed basis. When your wig first arrives it is a good idea to use knot sealer to initially strengthen the knots.

Products that can be used to seal knots:

TDI Fast Track Tape Tab & Knot Sealer (see link below)
http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/products/tdiknotsealer-instructions.aspx

Patricia Nimocks Clear Acrylic Sealer

Minwax Polyurethane spray

3M77 Adhesive

**There are many brands of "clear acrylic sealer" in addition to those listed above that can be used to seal knots**

Where to purchase knot sealers:

With the exception of TDi sealer, most of the above products can be purchased at craft stores such as Michaels or JoAnns. Home improvement stores such as Home Depot or Lowes. And of course, Walmart in the craft section.

For video clips of Basic Tape Application and How To Cut The Lace please visit:  http://www.invisiwig.com/TapeApplication.asp

Here is a link to a great site with unique products such as Knot bleaching kits.. ColorBlock to block color from getting onto the lace.. lace thread for tears in lace just to name a few!  She's a super lady and extremely knowledgeable of hair products for wig wearers!  Her name is Debbie and I believe she has international shipping too!
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/splitends_005.htm

How to seal lace to prevent shedding - Knot Sealer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY83jNPhcwI

How to apply a lace front with a cream adhesive

This video also takes you through the step of using scalp prep

I would suggest using 91% alcohol to remove excess oil for a better hold.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVv0AfJQzQU&mode=related&search=

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tjFzsFPYY&mode=related&search=

Another method of apply a unit with tape adhesive

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZi8Ga_hnvQ

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfDDL1mChes&mode=related&search=

Removing your unit

Version 1

Notice that version 1 recommends lace release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VJ-AnL-nc&mode=related&search=

Version 2

Notice that version 2 recommends 99% Alcohol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHOPcpabOog&mode=related&search=

The person that teaches version 2 also tells you how to remove the adhesive from your lace

Using a mirror slide technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ6Z6JtQL-8&mode=related&search=

Version 3

This version instructs you on how to remove specifically Spirit Gum adhesive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBZzL8flYnM&mode=related&search=

This adhesive is good for applications that you want to last one day

Your lace front wig checklist

This list of items are basic necessities  that you probably won’t find at your local Beauty Supply Store (BSS) for applying your lace front wig:

You will need to order these items after you place your wig order so that you have everything you need to start the application process.

Scalp Prep

The purpose of scalp prep is to protect your skin from the adhesives that you will be applying.

You can purchase scalp prep or some people use liquid bandage. It is a personal preference.

LACE FRONTS ARE THE BEST PROTECTIVE STYLE YOU CAN HAVE TO GROW OUT YOUR NATURAL HAIR:

and give it a rest from chemicals, heat and daily manipulation.The key is to measure correctly to be able to place the unit in front of your natural hair line so that no glue or adhesives even touch it.. i've gotten so much tremedous growth wearing lf's and my hair is so healthy and natural and i still can look fly everyday, never a bad hair day while growing out my own hair, its possible:

for those that are attempting to grow out your natural hair while wearing a lacefront, here's some important information to take care of your natural hair while you wear your unit:

i do have lots of information on hair growth to share with you and the others on the board.. i did intensive research visiting hair boards, research natural products etc..  prior to wearing my lfs' b/c i wanted to get my hair in the best condition i could.. i've had amazing growth since wearing them, and will continue to do so..i wanted to eliminate heat, chemicals and daily manipulation to get my hair in shape but you gotta understand what to do to get it healthy.

its always a good place to start with aphogee protein treatment to stop shedding and breaking..i believe this information will help sort out the breakage issues and give some useful background information so that you can get a better sense of the direction on how you should go about with product and technique..

understanding the difference between breakage and shedding is an important part of any healthy hair regimen...many people use these terms interchangeably to refer to any hair that falls from the head. In its true sense, shed hair is hair that has reached the end of its growing cycle and naturally falls from the scalp along with its root attached...the root is a tiny white bulb on the scalp originating end...if a hair does not possess this white bulb, then it is not a naturally shed hair rather, a broken one...shed hair tends to be longer in length than broken hairs, which are generally short pieces of varying lengths...if you are one that have stretched your relaxer for a great number of weeks, your shed hair will have the curly new growth present on the area next to the scalp, and you will be able to see where the relaxed hair begins...some find that garlic shampoos or products with garlic extracts help curb shedding. But remember, shedding is a natural, internal process and may not respond to topical, external treatments...so don't be alarmed if nothing works for you..changes in diet, hormone imbalances, birth control pills, and pregnancy can also affect the rate at which hair is shed...

breakage on the other hand is not natural, and is an indication of an imbalance of important forces within the hair strand..broken hairs do not fall naturally from the head, but are typically a sign of mishandling or abuse...the proper treatments, will help stop breakage in its tracks.. protein is what gives the hair its strength and structure...hair is about 70% keratin protein by nature...protein is found most prevalently in products like instant conditioners (bargain brands like Suave and V05), leave in conditioners, protein conditioner treatments, and even some moisturizers...

moisturizers are products that are water-based and nourish your hair deep within the strand...water is the ultimate moisturizer so water based products are best for really getting the best moisture benefit..products with moisturizing properties tend to be your conditioners and other water-based products...moisturizers may also be protein based, but these protein based moisturizers do not have the moisturizing benefit that moisture based moisturizers have...a good moisturizers will not contain ingredients like petrolatum, mineral oil, or lanolin..these are cheap product fillers... be wary of products that claim moisturizing benefits and contain these ingredients...there is nothing moisturizing about them.. petrolatum and mineral oil are sealants and have the potential to suffocate the hair and scalp and seal out the moisture it needs..the moisture you apply needs to be held in by something, which is oil...its called sealing the moisture in..

a light coating of oil on top will help seal the moisture inside...oils are made of large molecules...these molecules are too large to absorb by the hair strand...applying oils to the hair and scalp will coat them and trap moisture that is inside on the inside and moisture that is outside on the outside..the key is to lock in the moisture within the

strands with your oil..if you use oils without a moisturizer or before one, the oil will seal the moisture out of the hair strand and lead to eventual dryness...(this is what i do after all my hair treatments and heating cap to deepen the moisturizer, then i use other products to moisturize and then seal the moisture with oil b4 i begin to braid my hair back up to reapply my unit..)

Wet or Dry) Stretches slightly/returns to original length /no breaking= you are balanced just stick with maintaining!
(Wet to Dry) Stretching a little more than normal then breaks=
more protein

(Wet or Dry)Stretching, stretching, stretching/no breakage yet=
more protein

(Wet)- Weak, gummy, mushy, limp hair=
more protein

(Wet or Dry) Very little/no stretching then breakage=
more moisture

(Dry) Rough/tough/hard/tangle/brittle hair=
more moisture

Unsure= err on the side of moisture

here is the product breakdown...this list is by no means the only products available, but its a good start..it'll help you see which side you've been leaning on product wise and which side you need to incorporate products to achieve your balance..i've included strength indicators for most of the protein products..

Types of Protein Products:

Specialty Treatments
Nexxus Emergencee (moderate)
Nexxus Keraphix (moderate)
Aphogee 2 Min Keratin Recon. (Mild/moderate)
Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair (heavy)
LeKair Cholesterol (mild/moderate)
Dudley’s DRC
Motions CPR(mild/moderate)
ORS Mayo (moderate)
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair
KeraCare 5 n 1
Joico K-Pac (mild)
Elasta Qp Anti Breakage serum

Protein Conditioners

Motions Moisture Silk Protein conditioner
Mane N Tail (shampoo)
Aubrey Organics GPB
Mane N tail (moderate/heavy)
Garnier Fructis Long N Strong (mild)

AtOne Botanicals Reconstructor w/ Moisture Recovery* (light)
Any Instant Conditioner like Suave and V05 (light/mild)
Got2B Soft 1 Minute Emergency (light/mild)
Rusk Sensories 60 second Revive
ORS replenishing pak (light/mild)

Protein Moisturizers
Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Profectiv Mega Growth and Healthy Ends

Protein Leave Ins:
Infusium 23
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
Salerm 21(moisture w/ protein)
Nexxus Headress (moisture w/protein)
Mane N Tail (Conditioner can also be used as leave in)
Profectiv Break Free Leave In

*So light, this can double as a moisturizing conditioner.

Follicle Care and Hair Growth Products: (these are some recommended growth products. which all is not necessary but it gets the ball rolling in a burst of growth)

http://growthspecifics.com/2.html Boundless Tresses, and new alternative to the MTG that isn't as smelly and getting get reveiws. MTG made for horses, but really does make your hair grow www.shapelys.com

Gueye Fast Growth Oil http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/GUEYE-HAIR-GROWTH-Fast-Grow-Hair-Oil_p_173-710.html

Hair Rush http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=4507

Folligen Copper Therapy Hair Products www.skinbio.com

Thick Hair Protein Shake http://www.totalhealthvitamins.com/np4844.html

Jamaican Black Castor Oil (mix with Gueye’s Oil) http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx

Ultra Black Hair Care Conditioner (Not just for black hair but the best Tingling Conditioner to wake up the follicles)

http://www.ubhpublications.com/ProductOrdering.html

http://www.alternative-beauty.com/nioxin.html nioxin follicle booster & products

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/ Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree Invigorating Shampoo Great to Stimulate the Follicles I love it tingles the scalp organic shampoo.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html Henna Great for Conditioning and Coloring hair great receipes for healthy hair coloring

http://www.tahiti-iti.com/ French Polynesian Beauty Products Essential Oils The Best to purchase is the MONOI YLANG-YLANG and the MONOI SANDALWOOD and the Coconut Oil wonderful essentials highly recommended for hair growth to seal in the moisture.

http://store.sickbay.biz/alterego.html Alter Ego Cren Preventative Hair Loss Treatment

http://www.styleone.com/benefits.html Protein treatment and can be added to chemical perms to restore the structure of the hair cuticle after processing.

This ought to get you going in the right direction.

Edited by sexibeach - March 07 2008 at 10:09pm
mochamom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochamom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

She's baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!ClapClap

Now where's the rest of your crew girl??

Some of us are already here DVBig%20smile
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 10:00am
Checking in!

That's right Sexi, that's YOUR work and no one else have the rights to it.Wink

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 2:36pm
Types of Hair Pattern's for a Lace Front:

Light Yaki - Like freshly permed AA hair

Kinky Straight - Just like AA hair that might be natural needing a perm

Curly Kinky - A curly unit that a more bushy like curly hair

curly - smooth texture but curly loc's

Wavy - there are Deep Waves, Body Waves and Water Waves the body and Water waves are loose waves

Straight Virgin - Unprocessed Hair that has not been Chemcially treated

Remy hair: all cuticles aligned going in the same direction

Lace:

The lace comes in difference color's.. there's transparent, beige, light brown, brown and dark brown and some vendors have black lace

there are a couple types of lace:

the lace varies from vendor to vendor's some are thinner than others, its takes a little bit to know which vendor's and how their lace is..

French lace which is highly recommended for first timer's it can be undetecable if you learn a good application.

Swiss lace which is more delicate and recommended for more advance wear'ers that have experience in applying their lf. more undetectable than french..

Extra Thin Swiss Lace if extra thin and tears very very easy, the more experience Lf wearer should use this.. this is the most undetectable lace but also will tear with the quickness you better have skills..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 2:42pm

THE RIT'S DYE DIP which can be used for either bumping up the bleach knots when a lf is dyed with clothing dye, or removing the clothing dye from the hair..

most of the time when you get them black colors its clothing dye.. i would probably do the rit's dye remover DIP, b/c it can jump start the process without over bleaching the knots..b/c you can keep doing it and then burn them knots out and then all the hair falls out.. so remember that in the future.. but i mircowave the water hot for about 2 min, then add about a tablespoon or two to a bowl of hot water and DIP IT IN AND OUT.. don't soak it b/c i think its like cooking hair, and i'm just not down with that b/c of the damage it could cause to the hair shaft.. and that's what they instructions say, but no! i dip in and out and you can see the color rinsing out with each dip.. then when the water temp goes down, then i would maybe soak for only a very limited amount of time like a 1 or 2 min.. then remove and condition.. then you can do the loreal super blonde lightening kit it will kick them knots up and you'lll be done with it.. but DON'T brush too hard with a small brush b/c you can push the dye thru the holes and dye the roots.. so brush lightly over the area, and leave it for about 1 5 to 20 min and rinse and condition again.. SEAL THEM KNOTS AFTERWARDS.. When using this method the just bump up the knots and removing the clothing dye for knots only, turn the cap inside out and just dip the cap in a bowl of this mixtures.. for removing the clothing dye from the hair, dip the entire unit in the mixture and you will get the benefit of both the hair color and the knots.. deep condition and proceed to either air dye the hair, or proceed with bleaching the knots..

With the loreal super blonde kit it comes with the blue powder mix and a tube of the blonde lightener, to ensure that you don't color the lace or get the residue of orange from the blonde tude, use just a little of that and more of the blue powder, the lotion and a little bit of the blonde tube ligtener just for thickening up the mixture, but less is better b/c the blue powder and lotion an get the job done.. watch it but i've found that at least 20 minutes will lighten the knots with this combination, altho the instructions will say 30 min. and i've done that as well..

HOW TO BLEACH KNOTS

turn the unit inside out on a mannequin or styrofoam head like this:

mix powder bleach and 30 vol developer

use a highlighting brush to brush the solution on the inside of the cap directly over the knots.   Not a lot just a little, you want it to touch the roots of the unit a little as possible.

the processing time depends on the color... how tight the knots are... if they have been sealed etc...  you'll just need to watch it.  If the hair is black you want the knots brown....   if the hair is brown the knots should be a light brown...   usually light colors like blonde don't need bleached knots...

if the hair has highligted hair ventilated in i usually try not to get the bleach on the highlighted areas  at first.  wait a few mins then put some on those spots...

unless the highlights are really light like blond then it doesn't need it.

when the knots are a desired color wash it out...  and reseal the knots.

if you're scared you'll leave it too long.  do it twice...  when im working on someone else's unit i usually do in in two stages...

i hope that makes sense.

Rules

1.) Color can not lift color!! This means hair that has been colored before can not be colored again. In order to change the color of this hair, the previous color must be removed ( bleached) out and then It can be colored again.

2.) Bleach and Haircolor are not one in the same! Haircolor lifts and deposits color into the hair. It must be left on the entire time indicated by the color brand and will stop working if left on longer. Leaving haircolor on longer then intented can result in a darker then desired result as the lifting process has ened and all that is left is the deposit.

Bleach lifts the color from hair in stages (black, to brown, to red, to orange, to yellow, to pale yellow.) Unless it drys, bleach will not stop working until you stop it.  This is why it is so easy to damage hair or get uneven results. You have to work quickly. The spot were you first applyed the bleach will continue to lighten as you work through the rest of the hair.

3.) The color on the box is almost never the color you hair will come out to be! When you pick out a swatch at the salon, that is almost never the color we use. That only lets us know the color that you would like your hair to be and then we mix the color according to what your hair will need to get there. The color your hair is, your natural color and the underlying color in your hair all contribute to what the end result will be. This alone could be a whole nother 2 page thread so the most I can tell you is dark hair ( anything from a 1 to a 4) will always pull red or brassy tones when going lighter. Knowing that it would be wise to use a color with the words cool, ash or natual on the box to nutralize the redish or brassy undertones.

4.) If color has been removed to go lighter, it must be put back in to go darker! If you ordered a platinum blonde stock with the idea you can always color it darker, you have to take into consideration that the hair had been lightened first. If you want to take that 27 down to a 1 you have to put back in all the colors that have been removed first. To get to blonde you have to go remove black, then brown, then red, then orange to to yellow (blonde) So to get back to black, you need to put back in orange, red and brown. This is called filling. You can do this with a semi permanant color and you can use a shade that had words like redish copper brown. Apply the filler color first and then color with the shade you were trying to achive. This is very important. Im sure we all have that blonde haired friend who bought the black rinse and ended up with green hair !

5.) When in doubt, call a profesional! If you dont know what your doing, just dont do it! I know you ladies have paid too much money to have to thow away your lfs due to experimtel color mishaps! This isent even half the color chapter but it is a start. I have given you the basics so please use them wisely.

Helpful hints

Cigerette ashes mixed with a littel water  will take the color stains right off your skin.

When bleaching a whole head, use a lower volume in the back and a higher volume on the top to give yourself more room for error.

Reds fade the quickest but yet are the hardest to get rid of. Think twice before going red. Dont do it if you will want to go blond later or want a lasting color that you wont need to refresh after a few shampoos.

Use semi or demi permanate color when going darker as to put the least amonunt of stress on the hair and preserve the life of your unit.

Types of haircolor

Permanent: This color lifts the natural color and deposits in the desired color. Must be mixed with proxide devloper in desired strenth (volume) to acheve desired degree of lighting. Does not wash out although it can experiance fading. Best for lighting virgin hair

Demi Permanent: Depost only, no lift. Must be mixed with one strength non proxide devloper.  As fade resistant as permanent color but will fade out gradually. Best for toneing, filling, coloring hair darker, refreshing faded color or making a color more vibrent. can not make hair lighter.

semi permanent/ rinse : no mix, no lift color. Ready to use right out the bottle. Fades out completly. Best for filling, toning, going darker and temporary color changes.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 2:43pm

Baking Soda Bath

You do a BS bath the same way you do a BA bath, with the exception of this:

Fill a large 3qt container with hot water. Pour 1/2 to 3/4 cups of baking soda into the water and mix until completely dissolved.

After brushing out the unit, place it into the mixture making sure it is completely submerged.

allow the unit to soak over night or a minimum of 4 hours. (The hair will begin to float to the top of the mixture.) Remove it and rinse with warm water.

Wash with a clarifying shampoo thoroughly. Deep condition , rinse and allow to dry.

Style as usual.

The baking soda bath is NOT for conditioning the hair; it is used to remove styling and conditioning product build-up. 

It is also extremely important to rinse out the baking soda solution prior to shampooing because if you leave it in and the hair dries, it will feel "chalky" and stiff, but this is only because you didn't rinse the unit thoroughly.  Once you have done the baking soda bath, then use a clairfying shampoo and do a deep conditioning and the hair should be soft and silky.  Keep in mind, too, that if you don't thoroughly rinse out shampoo, the hair will stiffen up when it's dried. 

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 2:49pm

HOW TO DYE A LF:

seal your knots

Rub some vaseline and/or some olive oil a  light coat, not to thick across the a inside out lf with the cap side up it protects the lace from being dyed  

section hair in 4 and clip each section / braid ...

using a fine toothed comb create a part in the hair and smooth the dye into the hair enough to make it damp ... keep repeating this until the section is completely covered ...

follow hair color instructions for rinsing

deep condition

rinse & air dry

i use vaseline all the time as a light coating, this ensures you don't not only dye the knots but you also must protect the lace so it won't get colored as well.. I use a cream base like loreal so it doesn't run onto the lace, plus it has a root applicator.. you can always use goo gone to spray up in there b4 you wash it removes all the vaseline..

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 2:58pm

and step by step instructions on cleaning a lf:

a video and a step by step:

video http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/hairline-cleaning.aspx?=button

written instructions
http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/maintenance/lacefront-hairline.aspx?=button

Invisi Bond Application Back Hair line

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rcT0RJhPW8g   (Step 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6RzssWbfAM  (Step 2)

Invisi Bond Application Front Hairline

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKcB3VYu9ps   (Step 1)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRXCX2x99HU   (Step 2)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7kO8S4I9w8g   (Step 3)

how to apply your unit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVv0AfJQzQU&NR

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 3:10pm
HOW TO BLEACH KNOTS WITHOUT CHEMICALS:

a lot of women are afraid to bleach knots with chemicals, so i've come up with a way to do it without using chemicals. what i do to ehance a look on the knots is i use the 3M 77 spray which leaves a white residue, then i take the jerome russell temporary color spray natural blonda and follow up with that, then seal it with a sally hansen spray which is use for suntanning..you make the coverage down to the point of where you would attach the lace to the skin.. and leave the edges out, you can't go any further than that otherwise it won't stick..

if that's not enough then you need to try your luck at  it with chemicals..the sally hansen is the sun tanning spray you can usually find in the drug store.. i use the nude color, the other colors can be orangish in color so you can mix them up and make the color that's right for you.. . apply it to the cap of the lf, and with that being said.. you must turn the wig inside out and stuff the hair up into the inside out wig cap, then put it down into a shower cap so that you can cover the edges of the lace where you would be applying to the skin.. you don't want to spray the edges of the lace b/c it with hinder your ability to make the lace stick to your skin... spray the 3M77 at a distance and one light coating will do, and then follow with hair spray to remove the tackyness.. and then you can apply the jerome russell natural blonde temporary spray and then follow with the sally hansen spray.. let it sit and dry and then remove it from the shower cap and its ready to apply.. i let mine's sit in front of a fan so that it dries.. .

HOW TO MAKE A NATURAL LOOKING SCALP WITHOUT A WIG CAP:

the sally hansen has different sprays that airbrush a tan on the legs of women, well i use this to make a natural looking cap by spraying it on the cap of the wig..sometimes you might need to mix the different colors to get the right one for your complexion..I start with Sally hansen Med Tan glow leg spray, and sponge brush (like you used as a kid in art class) and a paper plate (or anything to spray the spray on).  I turned my lf inside-out and sprayed the tanner on the plate.  Using the brush I dabbed it in the spray and did a small test area on the wig.  But when I turn it over I notice the spray had leaked onto the hair.  So after wiping off the tanner from the hair I tryed it again, but this time I wiped off the excess spray that was on the brush using the plate.  I made sure there was no wet spots and I lightly brushed the tanner onto the wig; just enough to get the lace the color of the tanner but not in the little ones of the lace...

for me i just use the nude color b/c that's close to my skin color and afterwards i would use my bare minerals makeup and dab the color i use on my face in the part so that it looks like my skin..

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 4:08pm

MORE VENDORS:

COMPANY NAME:   QINGDAO BEAUTY WIGS CO., LTD

TEL: 0086-532-83813430       FAX: 0086-532-83813430

EMAIL: ada7773@hotmail.com

CONTACT PERSON: MS. ADA HAN

Cool! and Thanks! I just got a quote from Qingdao Fulide, also known as the company Qingdao Freede. I say this because its the same contact info. as the Qingdao Fulide you just mentioned....This is the Original Kevin by the way ladies!  I contacted the kevincn0532@yahoo.com.cn address. Here are some other names that belong to this company: Peng Zhang....Bin Yan...Rib Zhang.

Qingdao Freede Industry &Trading  Co.,Ltd

Tel:+86-532-85718620

Fax:+86-532-85721780

COMPANY NAME:   QINGDAO WINHEALTH INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

TEL: 0086-532-88653200       FAX: 0086-532-82100050

EMAIL: wigs@qdwinhealth.com

CONTACT PERSON: BING ZHANG

I have an order out with Qingdao Freede Industry &Trading  Co.,Ltd

Tel:+86-532-85718620

Fax:+86-532-85721780

SUNWAY HUMAN HAIR WIG

TELE: 0086-530-5386898      FAX: 0086-530-5332556

EMAIL: sunwayhair@gmail.com

CONTACT PERSON: ECHO CHU

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 4:18pm

ADHESIVES AND TAPES:

http://store.adventhair.com/pebo.html

http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/splitends_005.htm full service store and ships international

Secure Silicon Adhesive Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 6 weeks.
VAPON Silicon Adhesive Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 6 weeks.
Ultra Hold Adhesive Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 6 weeks.
Invisi-Bond Adhesive Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 6 weeks.
SafeGrip Adhesive . . . . Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 6 weeks.

DAILY WEAR ADHESIVE
Mity-Tite Adhesive . Extended Wear Adhesives formulated for bonding Hairpieces and Wigs to skin up to 10 days.
Liqui Tape Adhesive Toupee Tape and Adhesive touch up.
Skin Shield™ . . Slows down oil penitration to bonding tape or adhesive.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 4:35pm

A Step-by-step for Detangling Your Hair System:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYx_HQVyxXg

Michigan Baldy DVD Preview :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEKEMBp9xCI

Mirror Slide for Hair Systems from The Michigan Baldy DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdiCp43WLM0

Cleaning the Front Hairline of your Hair Replacement System :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPWOzOfB4iE

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 4:53pm

When Removing my Lf:

i put my alcohol that is 99% or 91%, and goo gone as my remover in two spray bottles that helps with everythang.. especially when my hands get sticky i spray them off. i also use both to spray on my lace to clean off the glue when removing, and it makes it pretty much roll off and use a soft toothbrush to remove the glue.. when i remove my unit and do my hair treatment and let my hair air dry over night, i use A & D Zinc Oxide cream on my skin where my unit is usually applied to keep my skin healthy and not chapped from wearing my unit it heals anything overnight..

Here is one site that shows how to make a template. 

http://site.denovohair.com/images/Making-a-Head-Template.pdf

When applying my Lf:

this is what i do to apply my lf...i apply one layer of Mr. C's in the front and the back around the circumference, first let it dry for 2 minutes, then i apply a coat of the mity tite .. (sometimes while i'm waiting i got my unit prep with the tape on the unit at the nape and sides to apply once i get all the glue on, lately i've not needed any tape..) then after a coat of base bond or Oil Resistant White Glue (ORWG www.coolpiece.com ) dries until its clear, which only takes a minutes, i apply the base bond or ORWG as the final and last glue.. 

(i make my wig cap out of sheer nylon stockings, while my glue is getting tacky i apply the wig cap infront of my natural hairline on the skin of my forehead, b/c it has to look like continual skin meeting skin.. i take a couple of small pieces of tape and apply to the sides in front of my hairline edges and that way the cap can stick to the tape on the sides.. then i take and apply another thin coat of basebond in front the wig cap b/c thats where i'm going to place the hairline of the unit..every thing goes in front of my natural hairline, first the wig cap and then the units is placed in front of the wig cap.. ) now i just use the Sally Hansen Spray and not the Wig Cap.

then i pin the baby hairs back with hair clips, apply the front of the unit first around my face area, tie it down with the back clipped upwards not to touch the nape of my neck with tape still in the paper on the back of the tape b/c i'm not ready to apply it yet..then i wait about 5 min. tied down..while i'm waiting for the front that's tied down to dry some, i apply a coat of ORWG to the nape on top of the Mity Tite, and let that dry for that 3 min period while the front is tied down.. once i remove my scaf then i start to peel off the paper from the back tapes, b/c now the Mr. C's and ORWG at the nape is dry, then i can pull down the back and stick it to the tape and the glue is holding like heeck.. tie the whole circumference of my hairline down once again, wait another 20 to 30 minutes and then i'm all set to go.. my application time is less than 10 min.. in the beginning it takes a while to learn and sometimes hours to apply but take your time you'll learn and get it perfected with each application..

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:22pm
PREPARE YOUR SCALP BEFORE ATTACHING YOUR WIG:
It is important that your scalp stay clean and free of oily buildup while you're wearing a hair system. This way, your scalp stays healthy and there is less chance of an oder problem, caused by perspiration, while you are wearing the unit.

Before you put your hair system on, cleanse your scalp using an astringent of approximately 70%-75% isopropyl alcohol. This should cleanse the pores and eliminate oil and perspiration.

If you use tape or a liquid adhesive to atach your unit, it can irritate your scalp over a prolonged period of time. I recommend using a product by Smith + Nephew called Skin Prep which will protect your skin from irritation caused by the adhesives. By applying it to your skin first, it forms an invisible barrier between your skin and the tape or adhesive. This way all of the pull stress is on the barrier, and not your scalp.

If you experience any irritation or prolonged redness even while using Skin Prep, you should try using a different adhesive or attachment method to prevent infection

USING FOUNDATION TAPE IN CONJUNCTION WITH NORMAL TAPE ATTACHMENT:
When using tape to attach your hair system, the foundation material has to absorb a lot of stress each time you pull the tape off and reapply it. Over time, this can cause the material to tear and the knots of the hair to unravel.

By using foundation tape you can protect the foundation materiel from excessive stress. Here's how it works:

You start by cleaning your tape patch areas with isopropyl alcohol to remove any oil or residue. Then you apply a strip of foundation tape to the patch area. This foundation tape stays on the unit for a month or more of constant wear. Your regular double-sided tape is applied on top of the layer of foundation tape. This way, each time you change your tape through the normal course of wear, the stress of changing it is put on the foundation tape and not the foundation material or tape patch. It also prevents tape residue from building up in the knots of the hair.

TIP: To keep the foundation attached through shampooing and longer wear, apply a smal piece of lace front support tape under it. This will keep the foundation tape secure even longer.

ATTACHING OUR WIG USING A DOUBLE-SIDED TAPE:
There are several different types of double-sided tape on the market today, but they really boil down to three types.
1) Standard double-sided transparent
2) Red Liner (used for bonding and extended situations)
3) Blue Liner (Lace Front Support tape)

The following are a few tips on how to use each type of tape. The applicaton for each is more or less the same, but each type has its advantages and disadvantages, so think carefully about which type of tape is best for your lifestyle. 

STANDARD DOUBLE-SIDED TRANSPARENT TAPE:
To use the standard transparent tape, always start by first using foundation tape as mentioned earlier. Standard transparent tape only lasts about three days, so it will be changed often. This will put a lot of stress on the foundation material if you don't use foundation tape. Once you have the foundation tape in place, now you can appiet he double-sided tape and position the unit on your head.

Special tips: Once you press the tape down onto your scalp it will be difficult to reposition the unit. To alleviate this problem, just slightly dampen your scalp with water wherever the tape will make contact. This will give you a few seconds to adjust the position of the unit on your head before the tape starts to stick.

After putting the foundation tape o the base material apply the double-sided tape to the patch areas. It will be easier to apply if you remove only one side of the tape backing until after the tape is in place.

RED LINER TAPE:
Red Liner tape is most commonly used for bonding a unit ffor extended wear. It is applied around the perimeter of the unit and a liquid bonding adhesive is then applied on top of the tape to bond the unit to your head. There are many types of bonding adhesives out there, and most of them are better left to the professionals. You should only bond your unit if yourself if you completely understand the process and have worn a bonded hair replacement system before.

Red Liner Tape can also be used by itself to attach your unit. It is stronger than standard transparent tape, and will usually last about one week before it needs to be changed.

BLUE LINER (LACE FRONT SUPPORT TAPE):
Lace front support tape is the strongest double-sided tape available for wigs and hair pieces. It can easily be recognized by the blue backing and the words "lace front support tape" printed on the opposite side. The tape itself is transparent like the others.

This tape will generally last about two weeks before it needs to be replaced, and it will stick to any type of foundation material.

Lace front support tape can be used on all lace foundations but should only be used in specific areas where, such as the temples and the hairline. These are the areas where it is most important that the lace lay perfectly flat against your skin. Small pieces of tape the size of a postage stamp are all that is needed. Position the tape around the front and back hairline and on the temples.

Special Tips: To remove the hair system when using lace front support tape, dab 99% alcohol at the hairline while slowly peeliong back the lace. As the lace begins to lift, dab the alcohol under the tape so that it releases from your scvalp but stays attached to the lace. If you use alcohol, you will notice that once the alcohol evaporates, the lace front support tape will reactive and be sticky again.

When positioning your hairsystem wet your fingertips to prevent the tape from sticking to them as you lay down the front lace.

REMOVING OLD TAPE BEFORE CLEANING:
Before shampooing your hair system, you should remove all of the tape and residue from the lace of your hair system. This is expecially important when you use lace front support tape.

Start by applying Adhesive Release or 99% isopropyl alcohol  to all areas of the unit where the tape is applied. The best way to do this is by using a sponge tip swab, swabbing through the top of the lace onto the tape. It should only tape a minute or two for the tape to release its grip so that you can pull it away.

At the hairline, you should be extra careful, so the best method is to soak the front portion of the hair system in a shallow dish of adhesive release for 15 minutes. After that the tape should come right off.

If using an adhesive release other than alcohol be sure to flush out the lace with alcohol once you've removed the unit. This will eliminate the oily residue left by the release liquid. If you don't flush it out the tape won't stick when it is time to put your unit back on.

ATTACHING A HAIR SYSTEM USING CLIPS:

If you only have partial hair loss or if your hair has begun to grow back, tape may not be a practical method of attachment for you. In such cases, comb (wig) clips are an option. These are small clips that clip into your existing hair and snap shut to hold the wig in place.

Once you have clipped in your hair system, you should not feel the clip pulling your hair. If you feel it pulling, open the clip and snap it shut again. The clip is meant to bite the hair, not pull it tight.

Special Tip:
1) Every three months you should have your clips repositioned slightly so that they are not constantly putting stress on the same areas.

HOW TO POSITION YOUR WIG TO LOOK MOST NATURAL:
Keeping your unit properly positioned on your head each day is key. Here is a way to make sure the unit is positioned correctly on your head each time you put it on:

In order to determin how far back or forward it should be positioned on your head, always use the first four fingers of your hand as a guide. Place them against your forehead with your little finger right at your brow line. The hairline of the wig should touch the edge of your index finger.

For wilgs, it will be easy to tell if the wig needs to be adjusted to the right or left by placing one finger at the bottom of the sideburns of the wig once you've put it on. When you look in a mirror your fingers should be directly across from one another. If not, adjust the wig accordingly.

As a final check, place the first three fingers of your hand on your temples with your little finger at the corner of your eye. The hairline of the wig should be equal distance from the corner of your eye on both sides, and your three fingers will should whether to adjust it further.

USING LACE FRONT ADHESIVES:

If your wig has a lace front hairline, you can use a liquid adhesive to attach the lace to the skin. Liquid adhesives work better than tape n a lace front, because they make the lace lay completely flat against your scalp. Different adhesives react differently when applied to a person's skin and you should never continue to use a liquid adhesive that causes prolonged irritation to your scalp.

To properly apply a liquid adhesive to your lace front, first make sure that the wig or hair system is properly positioned on your head. Starting in the center of your hairline, gently lift the lace and apply a thin coating of the adhesive to your scalp front the front of the hairline to about an inch back. WOrk your way along the hairline in both directions until the entire hairline has a thin layer of glue under it.

Never press the lace down into the glue with your fingers. This will cause the hair to get matted up in the adhesive and it will look unnatural. Instead use the teeth of a wide toothed comb and press the lace flat against your scalp. Make sure that there are no ripples or edges of the lace sticking up when you're finished, and dab a little adhesive on those areas where neccessary.

REMOVING YOUR HAIR SYSTEM:
Using a cotton pad or sponge tip, dab 99% alcohol (or Adhesive Release) at the hairline while slowly peeling back the lace. As the lace begins to lift dab the alcohol under the lace so that it releases from your scalp.

CLEANING YOUR HAIR SYSTEM:
Always remember that the best way to clean your hair system is while it is off your head. When you wear a bonded hair system you will have to shower with it on but you should be extremely gentle, as this is not the ideal way to clean the unit.

The irst thing you need to do is remove all the tape or glue residue from the foundation. After a period of time it gets embedded in the lace and must be removed before you can shampoo the hair. Simply soak the lace areas where there is residue in a shallow dish filled with Adhesive Release or 99% alcohol for approximately 15 minutes. If you use adhesive release be sure to flush the lace with alcohol after soaking it.

SHAMPOOING A HUMAN HAIR WIG OR HAIR SYSTEM:
1) Using a rinse sprayer like you might have in your shower or at your kitchen sink, rinse the hair from about an inch away from the knot in the direction of the hair towards the ends and in the same direction the hair falls. Do this with cold water to avoid getting the foundation of the wig or the knots wet, which causes them to unravel and the hair to fall out more quickly.

2) Pin the wig to a wig head, pinning it all the way around the base so that it will keep its shape while drying.

Taking 1/2" thick sections about 3" wide between your fingers apply shampoo to the hair working from 1" above the knot and work the shampoo towards the ends of the hair. Do this until all the hair is shampoo. ONLY USE A SHAMPOO DESIGNED FOR COLOR-TREATED HAIR AND DILUTE IT WITH WATER.

3) Let the shampoo sit for no more than 60 seconds and repeat the rinse process being careful to remove all the shampoo.

4) Once all the shampoo is rinsed out, blot the excess water away from the hair with a towel.

5) Lightly wipe the inside of the base of the wig with a towel and then again with a sponge or cloth soaked in 99% alcohol. The alcohol will draw out any excess water or shampoo that has reached the knots, allowing them to dry quickly.

6) Put the wig on your head while it is still wet, making sure that the hairline is the width of the four fingers from the top of your eyebrows and that the temples are approximately three fingers' width from the corner of your eyes. Then slowly comb through the hair starting at tha ends and working towards the roots. Comb and style as you normally would. These steps will insure your wig will come out as you desire without any surprises. It is easiest to part the hair while it is wet to get the desired look.

WHEN THE HAIR SYSTEM IS NOT BEING WORN:
Always keep the wig or hair system pinned to a canvas block and/or wig head when not in use in order to maintain its shape. Make sure the block is the same size as the wig. If too small or too large it can cause the foundation material to stretch and the unit will start to fit improperly on your own head over time.

STYLING TIP:
To get the hair at the hairline to lay back, use a 1/2" strip of cardboard pinned on top of the back front while the hair is wet and allow the hair system to dry overnight. When the cardboard is removed you will see that it is much easier to style the hair back away from your hair line.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:35pm
this is a post i did b/c of too much product build up and its helpful for your natural hair to be able to hold moisture while wearing these units.. so:

there are many clarifying shampoo's on the market in the drugs store i even think suave has one that's very inexpensive.. with the ACV i use it straight on my natural hair, my momma use to use it as a rise when i was growing up... some dilute it with water.. i use 1/2 cup and pour it on massage it in and rise it out, and the secret is to rise it with cool water b/c it seals the cuticles...no shampooing afterwards.. 

the ACV is really deeper than you think for your own hair care, b/c it restores the porosity which is the measure of the hair's ability to absorb moisture...this is determined by the condition of the hair's cuticle layer (the overlapping scales of the hair shaft), and is rated as low, normal, and high. In normal, healthy hair, the cuticle is compact and inhibits the penetration of the hair shaft by moisture both moisture going in, and moisture coming out...when the cuticle is overly compact and prevents the penetration of the hair by moisture it has low porosity..to determine the porosity of your hair, simply feel it both when wet and when dry...if the hair feels straw like and rough when dry, or if it feels gummy or slightly rubbery when wet, then you probably have a problem with overly porous hair... if your hair is taking days to airdry. then your hair is good...No...it's Great, that means it's in really good condition....think of a sponge with holes in it...these holes would be called pores..when the sponge is fresh and new, it is able to absorb a good amount of water and hold the moisture inside very well..as the sponge ages, the pores (holes) become distorted, widen, and lose shape...these changes make the sponge super absorbent, yet less able hold the moisture it once could...the older sponge is said to be more porous or have greater porosity than the new sponge..

porous means that your your cuticles are raised, allowing more product to enter...cuticles raised is a bad thing, it makes your hair tangly, it makes your hair frizzy.. and it makes your hair act badly..hair mats up like dog fur when it's like this...what I read is that your hair's PH balance is out of wack, i think your hair becoming more acid, therefore raising the cuticle. Porosity control by Roux is a Ph balancing conditioner.... so anyone at any point can use it if their hair's Ph goes off, just by using daily styling products...even shampoo will throw your hair's Ph off...anyway...if your hair holds water, and dries evenly hours later, your hair is in great condition...my hair is now soaking up water and holding it like a sponge and that's what we really need wearing these units for weeks at a time.. i use porosity control conditioner by roux and they have a shampoo as well you can find at the BSS... you could use these products on both the unit and your natural hair.. after my AVC rise i use the porosity control conditioner so i dont' smell like vinger..lol we need to be able to keep our hair and the units hair moist, for our natural hair the only way to obtain length and stop breakage is by being able to keep our hair moist so its very important...

my journey is really for my natural hair treatments, and thinking of the lf's along the way.. when i posted about the silicon mix, its not in replacement of the bleach bath.. altho i'm still testing.. Wink but its a preventive measure to keep the unit for a long time, and to use after giving a BB to your unit i think will greatly enhance your results..

but the hair on the lf's need moisture more than anything thing else in the world, b/c its no longer attached to a human follicle to receive the natural oils that come from a follicle.. that's why when it gets dried up its a problem, and the hair can break too, not to mention the tangling issues we have with the lf hair too.. and the silicon mix is the da bomb and does improve the hair greatly, one of the ingredients in the silicon mix is Ceramide which is very important, it is produced in human hair.. 

i started looking into the products for this particular ingredient b/c its produced in human hair.. so its very much needed to keep the hair in great condition..

Ceramide is a lipid (fat) found naturally in the hair. It is what keeps the hair shiny, strong and healthy.

I am not sure how it is produced by the body, but I would imagine that since lf hair is not attached to the body and cannot be replenished of lost proteins, vitamins and lipids, a good Ceramide treatment would bring the hair right back to life.

All hair types (curly, straight, wavy, and coarse) can benefit from their hair process. Due to the history of the Dominican Republic the population is pretty much mixed. Some are white like their European ancestors while others resemble their African antecedents. Then there are many that have mixed traits such as coarse hair and light skin or dark skinned with curly/wavy hair. This means that the products are fabricated maintaining everyone in mind.

So with that in mind, they have a few product b/c of the science and what human hair produces while attached to a follicle, i think would be great for the lf's one in particular is called Kan Kanechomn Ceramidas

The ceramids are the main lipides of the capillary structure, acting as a basis between the cuticle and the cortex, offering to the hair threads more resistance against external aggressions including frequent wash. The Capillary Renewer with Ceramids Kan Kanechomn has a formulation with a special combination of ingredients, giving your hair a complete restoring treatment for the damaged hair threads, offering conditioning, softness and nutrition to the hair.

http://store.sickbay.biz/kankacedecoc.html

This product promotes hydration, conditioning and malleability to the hair giving back the natural oil to the hair threads and recuperating the shine, softness and vitality. Directions: Upon washing your hair, apply this product with a smooth massage during 2 minutes. Then rinse the hair taking the excess off. In case of a bath cream, cover your hair with a tepid towel for 30 minutes. Using a thermal cap let the cream ...

This product was elaborated with medulla and silicone and acts as an hydrating cream forming a protecting pellicle, reducing the hair electrostatic load besides nourishing and regenerating granting smoothness, shine and softness to the crisp hair. Directions: Upon washing your hair, apply this product with a smooth massage during 2 minutes. Then rinse the hair taking the excess off. In case of a bath cream, cover your hair with a tepid

I think its the science of what a lf needs that will work well with either of these products to mix with the silicon mix. and of course b/c i have a little product junkie problems i've ordered everything and lots of other stuff i've not even posted about..lol LOL mostly for my natural hair care but i wanted to report on the wonderful results of mixing the silicon with the cermidas it had wonderful results.. and i'm sure some skank will be selling this on ebay in the very near future.. but at least ya know the truth and i didn't want to keep the results from my BHM sista's.. here's the link to these products since the pictures aren't showing..

Silicon Intense Treatment Mix is restoring old lf units and maybe removing the need for the bleach bath or as a preventive measure to avoid tangling units. I am working on finding a comparable product that will work with the silicon mix or just for lf's so that we can have a long life span with proper care of the hair. I recommend this additional treatment when doing the bleach bath to give a deep conditioning.. it can be used as a monthly treatment, but be sure to rinse a very long time to be sure to get all the conditioner out of the hair..

charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 4:18pm
Wow thanks sexi!..that was very helpful. Especially the part about the silicone mix !..thanks girl!
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 4:49pm
Dayummm.. The Sexi-ONE in da house dropping knowledge. Get your pens and pads ladies and start taking notes lol. Or for 2008-- get to copying/pasting in Word docs. LOL.

Thanks for sharing SexiBeach!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic