Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A GREAT KNOT SEALER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A GREAT KNOT SEALER
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:38am
i use the 3M 77 but also did you know that hairspray can be a great knot sealer.. the hairspray i'm using right now is by aussie, its called freeze and i mean it really does freeze that hair won't move.. i've been using it also as a knot sealer and i find it to be the best hairspray for that purpose.. i usually always follow the 3M 77 with a hairspray to remove the tackyness, but this freeze is great as a knot sealer alone for those that don't use the 3M77.. just thought i'd share!
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:21am
Thanks for sharing Big%20smile   Makes sense. ……I am going to have to try this.  Aussie products are reasonable priced and easy accessible in local stores.  
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Snook Snook wrote:

Thanks for sharing Big%20smile   Makes sense. ……I am going to have to try this.  Aussie products are reasonable priced and easy accessible in local stores.  

yes it is reasonable priced, and it doesn't take a lot to make that freeze action take affect.. i was quite shocked b/c i've not seen a hairspray stop hair movement completely, to the point that i really don't care to use it for its intended purpose b/c i do want the hair to kind bounce... so i've been using it to seal knots and its great for that..
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:37am

Definitely going to give it a try.  I hate the smell that the TDI knot sealer has Alcholish/Chemical Dead

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:11am

Thanks Sexi, this is a great tip.

fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:25am
I use hairspray also.  It's not sticky & light -- Plus I shrunk MY VERY FIRST unit with TDI....Oh, now it's just a 16" closure......
Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:11pm

Thank You Sexi,all of your information is greatly appreciated..Hug

Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 12:14pm
Sexi....Great tip   thanks
laydyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laydyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:44pm
Ooh, thanks for the tip!  Now we can have a knot sealer without the tackiness. 
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tip!
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tip!
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:05pm
yeah this is great.  i found that the 3m77 was making my head itch more than usual, even with the hairspray on it too.  thanks mama!
Philigrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philigrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:21pm
Thanks for posting as always a good tip!
Carli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 2:22pm
I am going to try the aussie freeze spray. I have used the got2b freeze spray and that works well also
bookbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:01pm

Does Walmart sell this product because I don't have a hairstore where I Live???

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:04pm
Thanks Ma!  That 3M77 is soooooo tacky to the touch I'm down for trying something new!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Snook Snook wrote:

Definitely going to give it a try.  I hate the smell that the TDI knot sealer has Alcholish/Chemical Dead

That smell is terrible!!!! The things we do for beautyLOLLOL  I am going to get some Aussie soon!! Thanks Sexi for the tip!
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by bookbabe bookbabe wrote:

Does Walmart sell this product because I don't have a hairstore where I Live???

Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS should all carry the product.
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:48pm
thank you for sharing!
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 5:57pm
hmmm....have to try this!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic