Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products for horse used on your lf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products for horse used on your lf
    Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:02pm
Hello ladies,

I have been using a great product for my lfs. It is called Cowboy Magic Detangler and Shine and it made for horses. Let's think about it; Mane and Tail started out for horse too. It is basically pure silicone, and makes the hair so softs, and silky. Here's the website http://cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html. It is concentrated so all you need is a little maybe a dime size amount. I usally rub it through the hair while it is wet, but I have even applied it while the hair was dry and this stuff is great. You can find it on ebay or animal stores that sell horse grooming supplys.

I also have ths shampoo, and the conditioner should be here tomorrow, so I'll give you an update on how it all works later.

Edited by Breh - March 16 2008 at 9:14pm
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 9:46pm
Thanks for the tip Breh! How did you run across this?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:15pm
I got a PM on BHM from Ebony telling me about Shapley's shane spray. So I went to the store down the street from my job that sells products for horses and asked what was the best product for shine and manageability and they told me the Cowboy Magic Detangle and shine. I have been using this on my lfs ever since, and I really like how they feel.
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:25pm
well geesh, didnt know the horse stuff was mainly silicone....so that horse place didnt have any?  I wonder if some places here in houston have some?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 10:54pm

Yep, it is pure silicone in a bottle basically. It makes the hair very soft, and your hands are soft too afterwards.

MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 11:47pm
Good looking Breh!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:24am
yea i need to be trying this product out.. i'm about to get a list together for products to add to the newbie thread..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 9:49am
Does it have a good scent to it?  I remember I tried a product from Sulu.com (or something like that) and the smell is not too pleasant.  It's tolerable but could smell better.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 10:13am
Yeah, it has a good scent and it is not too strong either.
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:31am
Thanks Breh
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:46am
You're welcome.
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:30pm
yes girl i LOVE Cowboy magic products. Thanks to Fluffy for turning me onto them few yrs ago. The detangler serum is basically same ingredients as the Biosilk Silk therapy serum. The conditioner will detangle any matted up hair u may have. It's the best for matted up hair! I buy it by the gallon!

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

yes girl i LOVE Cowboy magic products. Thanks to Fluffy for turning me onto them few yrs ago. The detangler serum is basically same ingredients as the Biosilk Silk therapy serum. The conditioner will detangle any matted up hair u may have. It's the best for matted up hair! I buy it by the gallon!

now you wanna tell me who's fluffy? cuz my puppy's name is duffy? LOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:34pm
^^ LOL. BHM Fluffy.U remember her from lafront section. I think she lurks most time now. 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Koffee Brown Koffee Brown wrote:

^^ LOL. BHM Fluffy.U remember her from lafront section. I think she lurks most time now. 
OH OK LOLLOLLOLLOL
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:32pm
I got my conditioner in today, and can't wait to use. I'm going to try it on my loose wave that is just sitting on the wig head.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:38pm
Breh, gurl u will love the conditioner. Fluffy and me swear it's the same as some high end conditioner product. If u have any units tangled, drench it in the conditioner and u will be amazed.

I know yall saw my raving posts on BHM about CMagic conditioner. It's so rich and i use this and water mix on my Wagman DC and leave to air dry and it is soooooo soft and curly. I put a whole lot on the hair and let it dry. Yumm yumm.

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:55pm
Girl, you got me excited.  I'm ready to go home an play with some hair. I have a lf that needs some TLC.  I'm going to wash, and deep condition and wrap it up in my heating pad like a big burritto on low heat for about an hour. So you mix it with water because it is concentrated right.  Do you mix the shampoo with water? I used it full strength last time, and it worked well. I like that this stuff is relatively cheap. I may have to buy the gallon size. Dang, it is not 5 oclock yet. I'm ready to go home. I'm too excited. barmy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:06pm
i mix w/ water for daily spraying. But when i put on hair for detangling i use full strength.  The directions does say u can put in a 'bucket' and use that mix to wash yoru hair with. But i put on hair straight from my pump bottle that i keep handy (refilled from my gallon jug lol).

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:13pm
Oh, okay I got it now. I figured that would be too heavy to use mixed with water to spray on a curly/wavy lf. I have been using water, glycerin, and Biolage Detangling Solution on my curly, and it loves it. The curls are soft, silky, and just lucious. It is so windy out here and they just blow in the wind with no tracks to be seen. I love it. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic