Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spring is here!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 9:34am
Wow, spa week sounds fun and exciting.

I've been to spas where employees had cornrows. Plus, I think they work with the moisture and sweat easier than the other styles.

You have to be careful with micro braids, they can pull your hair out.
To get some information on caring for braids and the proper size to have here is a link  www.growafrohairlong.com
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

mbell825 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbell825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2008 at 7:41am
Wow, Alexsandra, I never knew people thought cornrows looked unprofessional; that's a first for me. As far as microbraids, I dont know what it was, but everytime I got them done at the African braiding shop they would always trim up the braids to rid of loose hairs sticking out so when I would take out the braids my hair would be super thin. I left them in for 6 weeks, and of course at that time I was not properly caring for my hair. Needless to say, I don't get micros anymore.
Alexsandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexsandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 7:36pm

Spa week is when all of the prices on services are discounted (massages, facials, manicures and pedicures)...I wanted to wear straightback braids for the spring, but my boss told me they were not professional. I'm so afriad of the micro braids lol. Do they really pull your hair out? I'm just tired of wearing buns and my hair sweats a lot because I do massages and it' going to get REALLY BUSY at the spa.

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 6:04pm
Well I'm in Cali so except for changing up my style to accommodate my summer swimming, I usually don't have a seasonal style.

I am however getting addicted to these wigs I've been making and wearing. I need to figure out how accommodate my diva side against my love of the water.. I've been wearing my hair cornrowed under the wigs, and it is not a good poolside look AT ALL for me! So I may switch to braids this summer myself.. It's been a GOOD minute since I wore braids.. I will probably do interlocks like the last time I wore braids..

Edited by Divavocals - March 25 2008 at 6:04pm
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 4:21pm
I want to wash my hair more often, now that it is warm.

Alexsadra, what does  spa week consist of?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

mbell825 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbell825 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2008 at 11:03am
I think I'll wear my hair down more often now that it's getting warm out
Alexsandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexsandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 9:50pm
Hey! Well I always wanted to try Micro braids. I currently work a Day Spa and SpaWeek is coming up in April. I'm not going to be able to keep up with my hair regimen, So I'm considering the braids.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 3:41pm
Any styles that you been waiting to do but couldn't because of the weather? What are they?
Smile
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic