Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Pic of the real you,, without the LF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 10:37pm
Well I have to say ALL the sisters up in here are just simply beautiful.  Oneday I will get the nerve to post pics of my natural state which is totally bald after going through chemo onlt to turn around and go through alopecia which totally took ALL of my fur...err..ah..hair.

I am sitting here  with tears in my eyes because now I feel I have a place to come too and talk about some of the things we as woen go through when losing our hair in a society that is soley based on how one looks with a large dose of double standards for women.

Thank you so much my sisters for sharing and giving a sister the power to be free.  GOD BLESS you all.

Shaka
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

You guys look AWESOME !!!!!

Forget the hair, how do I get that skin ?!?!? B-Lish and P&B you guys have absolutely flawless skin!  B-Lish you should seriously consider going on one of the modeling shows like ANTM or the Janice Dickenson modeling show (if you can tolerate her personality).

Aww thanks! I guess it's my no-stress lifestyleStar- that and Neutrogena. I don't  drink muck water so I try to keep the stress little to none but when those little stress monsters show on my face they are a messAngry. I have a special secret for them but if I posted it you guys would think I'm seriously crazee. Oh! I also drink crystal lite. It has alot of antioxidants so maybe that helps too.
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Mistress Shaka Mistress Shaka wrote:

Well I have to say ALL the sisters up in here are just simply beautiful.  Oneday I will get the nerve to post pics of my natural state which is totally bald after going through chemo onlt to turn around and go through alopecia which totally took ALL of my fur...err..ah..hair.

I am sitting here  with tears in my eyes because now I feel I have a place to come too and talk about some of the things we as woen go through when losing our hair in a society that is soley based on how one looks with a large dose of double standards for women.

Thank you so much my sisters for sharing and giving a sister the power to be free.  GOD BLESS you all.

Shaka

Well, we are so happy to have you here on board. Feel free to reach out and talk about anything. We care about more than your hair and I know that you will gain much from being here. I had a scare with uterine cancer four years ago so I know how drainig and tiresome the cancer can make you feel. Just know that you have out thoughts and prayers. Whenever you need to be lifted up just log onto the board and read on- you don't even have to write a thing. Once again we hope you get better and gain strength from all of us. My ear is here and an itchingwelcome2sign
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 12:05am

Shaka

Aawww. Ofcoarse you are understood here. Heart  A lot of women on this board have been affected by hair loss and it's various causes. My mother went through chemo off and on for a year and lost all of her hair. They didn't make lace wigs back then and her skin was sometimes too raw to comfortably wear a bss wig. With a little encouragement she gradually got up the nerve to go out w/o a wig and even though I still had my hair it really empowered me to see her do that. The self-acceptance and boldness that it takes for a woman to do that in our society is in and of itself a truly beautiful sight to behold. rose
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 7:04am

Shaka

girl you know we love you and your at home here.. cheekkiss
alabamakim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alabamakim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 1:03pm
I"mso glad I started this thread.. everyone is so beautiful inside and outsquare
I feel like snatching this LF off, and running through the city.. yelling
''THIS IS THE REAL ME, ALOPECIA AND ALL,AND I LOVE MYSELF DO YOUbarmy
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by alabamakim alabamakim wrote:

I"mso glad I started this thread.. everyone is so beautiful inside and outsquare
I feel like snatching this LF off, and running through the city.. yelling
''THIS IS THE REAL ME, ALOPECIA AND ALL,AND I LOVE MYSELF DO YOUbarmy

LOLLOLLOLLOL you so crazy but if you don't love you then nobody else will other than Jesus and he loves you more.....
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 1:45pm
 Here's one
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 2:32pm
drool
love braids when i am not LF frenzied.

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 2:49pm
everytime i come back to this thread it get more beautiful!!!
Ammo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 3:17pm
Hello ladies...I kind of well LURK the forums...sorry for the size

But here I am with my beehive thing

& my avatar

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 3:19pm
work it girl work it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hooray
Ammo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 3:57pm
Thanks Sexi!!
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:47am

Shaka

Hi Shaka,

I have quite a few customers that told me the same thing that they sit and cry at times. I am going to say to you that your beautiful inside and out so don't let your hair define you. I have a client that lost all her hair due to meds and now after one year she is growing hair again. It didn't start until after wearing the lace wig. I wonder if the lace wigs helped?

We are here for you and will continue to be here for you God spare our lives.

Edited by checolatediva1 - April 08 2008 at 6:51am
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 4:05pm
Beautiful ladies!!!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 6:36pm
You guys are so gorgeous, lace wig on or not! I am really amazed!Clap

Edited by frenchie1 - April 08 2008 at 6:36pm
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 12:10am

Shaka
God bless u 2.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:18pm
Wow, you guys all look gorgeous, lf or no lf.  I realized after searching in vain, I don't have a pic of my own hair without it being braided, weaved, half wig, etc.... So below is a pic with my hubby when we were dating in 04', I glued few tracks in the back but the length was only a few inches longer than my natural length.  The second pic is of me at my son's 1st b-day party in 07' with my first lf.

Edited by Nemesiz - April 13 2008 at 5:22pm
joint~heir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joint~heir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 11:25pm

Wow, Princess LF !

There are NOT a lot of women who are still pretty with no hair but you are absolutely gorgeous without any hair.

Yes she is!  I would also say she is absolutely GORGEOUS!  I would go so far as to say, she is even more beautiful without the LF.  It also doesn't hurt to have those beautiful doe eyes----wow!
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by joint~heir joint~heir wrote:

Wow, Princess LF !

There are NOT a lot of women who are still pretty with no hair but you are absolutely gorgeous without any hair.

Yes she is!  I would also say she is absolutely GORGEOUS!  I would go so far as to say, she is even more beautiful without the LF.  It also doesn't hurt to have those beautiful doe eyes----wow!

You ladies are too kind.  Thanks for the compliment.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic