Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody Else Getting More Tender Headed ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody Else Getting More Tender Headed ?
    Posted: April 05 2008 at 3:46pm

I love coming home after work on Fridays and starting my routine of removing my unit and starting my hair care routine on my natural hair. LUV, LUV, LUT IT !!  barmy

I love massaging and scratching my scalp and seeing how much my hair is growing BUT over the past 2 months it seems like I've become tender headed and I never was before. When I comb out my hair in the same way that I've been doing for years it kinda hurts halloween11 I'm wondering if it's because my scalp isn't used to having any stress or tension on it anymore but I don't know. Has anybody else experienced this since they started wearing lace fronts ????????????
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:05pm
i do actually
its normal i think,because your scalp is not use to any kind of pressure or stress anymore so it hurts a little bit
i know exactly what you are talking about,
even when i try to do my braid again its the same thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:13pm

I only started to notice it about 2 months ago. How long had you been wearing lf's before you started to get tender headed ?

missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:28pm
since September of last year but i started noticing the tender head like 3 or 4 months later.

it doesn't worry me because its the same thing when you stop braiding or wearing weaves for a long period of time,when you start again its hurt  a lot,even just combing like you said.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 4:35pm
Okay, I didn't know if I was the only one or not. I guess my scalp is just getting used to being protected by the lf and being able to rest.   
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:06pm
do you feel your hair is tangling more than usual?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:52pm
No, there isn't any extra tangling. If anything it tangles less because it's been sitting still under my wig cap all week and hasn't had a chance to tangle.
meangirl76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meangirl76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:56pm
I think my scalp is much more tender now than during my weave days. But on the other hand my hair does not tangle as bad when I take down the braids.

When I got my hair blown out and flat ironed about 3 weeks ago, I couldn't understand why my scalp hurt. And I had to ask her to turn the blow dryer temp. down, b/c the heat had my head on fire. I don't plan on doing that again for a loooong time.
FLMDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLMDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 5:58pm
yeah.  i thought it was because i was getting older.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by meangirl76 meangirl76 wrote:

I think my scalp is much more tender now than during my weave days. But on the other hand my hair does not tangle as bad when I take down the braids.

When I got my hair blown out and flat ironed about 3 weeks ago, I couldn't understand why my scalp hurt. And I had to ask her to turn the blow dryer temp. down, b/c the heat had my head on fire. I don't plan on doing that again for a loooong time.

That's when I really noticed it too. I blow dried and flat ironed my hair a few weekends ago to see how much it had grown since wearing lf's and I was surprised at how tender headed I was. I'm assuming that if we were to stop wearing lf's and started styling our natural hair again on a regular basis that our scalps would toughen back up.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

No, there isn't any extra tangling. If anything it tangles less because it's been sitting still under my wig cap all week and hasn't had a chance to tangle.

ok i was just asking b/c your hair appears very heathly altho when we go natural again we just gotta be sure its balanced with the moisturizing and protein so that it doesn't tangle.. i know at first that was a challenged and a burden washing my hair and getting the tangles out which in turn made my scalp hurt.. but now that i'm balanced i don't have that anymore.. but i think in time your scalp will get use to it  to less manipulation its just adjusting..
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by FLMDiva FLMDiva wrote:

yeah.  i thought it was because i was getting older.

your so crazy LOL

i think our scalps b4 lfs were use to all the combing and pulling and chemicals, now its getting a break and the manipulation isn't often so i think it adjust..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

ok i was just asking b/c your hair appears very heathly altho when we go natural again we just gotta be sure its balanced with the moisturizing and protein so that it doesn't tangle.. i know at first that was a challenged and a burden washing my hair and getting the tangles out which in turn made my scalp hurt.. but now that i'm balanced i don't have that anymore.. but i think in time your scalp will get use to it  to less manipulation its just adjusting..

Does too much protein make the ends brittle ?
BFF Princess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BFF Princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:10pm
Ive noticed this too. I thought it was because I went natural and stopped perming.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:13pm
no b/c when you are finally natural you don't need as much protein b/c its the chemicals that damaged the protein.. naturals only need protein treatments monthly.. moisturizing is more necessary when natural.. after you moisturize with shea butter, olive oil creams etc.. make sure you give special attention to your ends with oils.. also are you using a MTG or a product for your scalp? b/c you must do that, the sulfur in the MTG prevents fungas in the follicles which with your head being covered with the lf's and sometimes damp that can happen.. i use the newer version http://www.suluhair.com/ but some use

Edited by sexibeach - April 05 2008 at 6:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:16pm

no b/c when you are finally natural you don't need as much protein b/c its the chemicals that damaged the protein.. naturals only need protein treatments monthly.. moisturizing is more necessary when natural.. after you moisturize with shea butter, olive oil creams etc.. make sure you give special attention to your ends with oils.. also are you using a MTG or a product for your scalp? b/c you must do that, the sulfur in the MTG prevents fungas in the follicles which with your head being covered with the lf's and sometimes damp that can happen..

Yes, I've been using the MTG on my scalp and I oil the rest of my hair while it's still wet to lock in the moisture.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:22pm
ok than your fine your scalp is making the adjustment some people use antifungal medicines like Monistat, Monazole, Micozole mixed in hair creams to prevent any types of fungas b/c when your follicles get infected they will hurt but you'll know its much more than tended headed, it really hurts.. and needs medical attention..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:28pm

ok than your fine your scalp is making the adjustment some people use antifungal medicines like Monistat, Monazole, Micozole mixed in hair creams to prevent any types of fungas b/c when your follicles get infected they will hurt but you'll know its much more than tended headed, it really hurts.. and needs medical attention..

Shocked  wow

I was using the MTG to aid in hair growth but I'm glad to know it can also prevent fungus.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 6:30pm

Shocked  wow

I was using the MTG to aid in hair growth but I'm glad to know it can also prevent fungus.

me too i was glad to know it covered both Wink
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 7:04pm
I am experiencing that as well...I noticed that my head hurts alot now and that when I feel around on my scalp, it really is tender in some spots. I thought I was the only one as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic