Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese Light Yaki

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:35am
Those look great!
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Heaven_lei Heaven_lei wrote:

Thanks ladies....who do you recommend for this texture. I was going to with jacksun or holly..anyone else know of a good CV?

I recently got a Chinese light yaki from Holly and I love it. The texture is great and it doesn't tangle.
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 9:58am

I have had my yaki unit from Holly for about 3 ½ months now and I haven’t experienced any tangling.  

Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2008 at 12:36pm
Great! Holly it is...im gettin excited already..thanks so much ladies!!!
sierra35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:38am
hi ladies what are yall putting on units? I have chinese yaki light coming, wondering about styling products to use
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 6:40am
Sierra35,

Less is more.  All I use is SM conditioner in the microwave and a dime sized amount of SM leave in.  That's it!  Remember, it' s not AA hair, so if you put products in it you will have lots of tangles.
sierra35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:00pm
thanks griff, so you mean no styling products when you go to hot curl or no type of oil sheen serum daily to keep hair daiyl with a little shine?
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 12:07am
If I use heat and I rarely do with this texture, I use a tiny amount of heat protecting serum only once.  I use sponge rollers in the shower with the steam to make curls or hot rollers.  Once they are set, I pin curl them at night with bobby pins.  I am not a fan of heat on any kind of hair.  Try to avoid brushing altogether and use a wide tooth comb.HTH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic